Receiver Recommendations?

Lanciferp

Im looking for a receiver for my pool house, but I want something kinda complicated. Im going to have interior and exterior speakers, and I want to be able to play the interior ones by themselves, as well as the interior ones plus the exterior ones, with an exterior and interior subwoofer connected to their respective channels. I don't think Ill ever play just the exterior speakers alone, so I don't need the receiver to be able to do that. Is this possible? Does such a receiver exist? Thank you in advance.

Im looking for a receiver for my pool house, but I want something kinda complicated. Im going to have interior and exterior speakers, and I want to be able to play the interior ones by themselves, as well as the interior ones plus the exterior ones, with an exterior and interior subwoofer connected to their respective channels. I don't think Ill ever play just the exterior speakers alone, so I don't need the receiver to be able to do that. Is this possible? Does such a receiver exist? Thank you in advance.

If you would not be running surround sound outdoors, there are a lot of AV Receivers that support multi-room functionality. In this setup, the outdoor subwoofer can be fed from the Zone 2 preouts.

Do you want just 2.1-channel audio both inside and out or full 5.1 surround?  Also are you looking for a dual source setup where you can have something different playing on each set of speakers?

definitely go with something by onkyo or yamaha they are by far the best, they have a/b speaker control i work for an av install company and they always satisfy.

Pastel Skunk

Audio Engineeer and PenTester

• 3 weeks later...

definitely go with something by onkyo or yamaha they are by far the best, they have a/b speaker control i work for an av install company and they always satisfy.

Very subjective. there are many other great AV manufacturers. I've had 3 Yamaha amps and they've been great. However it's difficult to ignore brands like Sony, Pioneer, Denon, Marantz, Arcam and NAD.

As for the OP, I'm not sure you can do what you need with reference to the subs. Maybe some brands will allow you to run LFE to each of the zones and run them independently or together as you would the Main Zone etc. The only way I can think of if the previous method cant be used would be to run a normal 2.1 from Zone 1 + LFE. For Zone 2 use Zone 2 for the speakers but I think you would have to run the hi-level input into the outdoor sub prior to running to the outdoor speakers.

There may well be an amp out there that will have separate LFE for Main and Zone 2

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Denon is my preference.

My Denon avr-1909 has multi-room functionality, however it's a few years old and I don't know what the modern equivalent is

You know that guy that games on a MacBook? I'm that guy.

What I would do is get one of these 

http://www.amazon.com/Speaker-Selector-Switch-Switcher-Splitter/dp/B0043JBLC0

You can have a regular 5.1 setup indoor with the front speakers being split off  to the exteriors ones with the splitter.

Or you can get one of these

http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-RX-V679BL-7-2-Channel-Receiver-Bluetooth/dp/B00VIRG3GO/ref=sr_1_1?s=tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1439474577&sr=1-1&keywords=yamaha+rx+RX-V679

They cost more with the zone 2 as opposed to what I mentioned above.