"Moscow Subway To Use Devices To Read Data On Phones"

EChondo

http://www.rferl.org/content/russia-moscow-metro-phones/25059582.html

The head of police for Moscow's subway system has said stations will soon be equipped with devices that can read the data on the mobile telephones of passengers. In the July 29 edition of "Izvestia," Moscow Metro police chief Andrei Mokhov said the device would be used to help locate stolen mobile phones.

Yeah, "stolen mobile phones", Snowden better get out of there quickly then!

ok some one will post this  sooner or later so ill do it first

"I have nothing to hide - this is good technology it will capture thieves - we need this in USA YAY "

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I think its pretty stupid.

the difference between the US and Russia is that the US takes the data from the tower so nobody knows there doing it but places like Russia put a device to pick up the signals in between the transfer and make it pretty obvious to the public there doing it

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

ok some one will post this sooner or later so ill do it first

"I have nothing to hide - this is good technology it will capture thieves - we need this in USA YAY "

I'm only willing to go so far with stuff like that and eventually (if they aren't already doing it right now) they will have enough information on how the public thinks that they will be able to make propaganda that's completely undetected by the citizen

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

It's probably so they can track down the mobile phone-stealing Dark Ones.

I think its pretty stupid.

the difference between the US and Russia is that the US takes the data from the tower so nobody knows there doing it but places like Russia put a device to pick up the signals in between the transfer and make it pretty obvious to the public there doing it

The gist I'm getting from reading the article is that they're only reading the SIM cards and nothing else. Last time I checked, not many things are stored on SIM cards anymore but instead on the phone's storage itself, though I'm interested in what technology they're planning to use to do this. This shouldn't be something that'll read your phone's flash storage.

That being said, I'm not a fan of systems that can be used to track people *cough* Australia's myki ticketing system *cough*

It's probably so they can track down the mobile phone-stealing Dark Ones.

Nice.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

The gist I'm getting from reading the article is that they're only reading the SIM cards and nothing else. Last time I checked, not many things are stored on SIM cards anymore but instead on the phone's storage itself, though I'm interested in what technology they're planning to use to do this. This shouldn't be something that'll read your phone's flash storage.

That being said, I'm not a fan of systems that can be used to track people *cough* Australia's myki ticketing system *cough*

that's Russia remember i don't think smartphones are as common and texts are stored on the sim more often