$20,000 worth of ships lost in EVE in biggest space battle ever

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/07/29/eve-online-6vdt-battle-_n_3669137.html?ir=UK+Tech

http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/battle-for-6vdt-h

Captial_swarm.jpg

For a while now, TEST (Test Alliance Please Ignore) and CFC(Clusterfuck Coalition) have been going at it for Fountain territory in which TEST controls.

So on the 28th, CFC decides they are going to head over to 6VDT-H, a major base of Test's and attack it.

So then Test uses it's titans ($4,000.00 ships) to jump over to 6VDT-H since their base is surrounded.

Then both the alliances go at it, and in the end $20,000.00 worth of ships were lost (2591 ships).

After that Test decides to go kill a CFC titan which wasn't guarded and destroyed another $4,000.00 worth of ships.

REPLAY:

http://www.twitch.tv/daopa/b/436981665

About 17:37:36

cool

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Real money?

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8

Holy Shhhhhhh.....

How is the gameplay of EVE?

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

There goes your frame rate.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Holy Shhhhhhh.....

How is the gameplay of EVE?

extremely  complicated

its too "big" of a game for me to understand

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Players: I CAN'T SEE!!!!!

Game: LOL explosions

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Wait what, 20 thousand real dollars?

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Wait what, 20 thousand real dollars?

Yes. 100% real money.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Yes. 100% real money.

Jesus, what's the point in that

So to replace those ships is going to require another $20,000?

*starts EVE insurance company* lol

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Think about this....

20,000 dollars just gone. Games have taken the whole economy 

Yet another reason not to spend real money beyond the point of purchase. [bought a ship in Star Citizen mainly due to alpha beta and full game for 40$].

But they had it comin, tossed their money into some program that has no monetary benefit what so ever.

Sux to be them. L O L.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Yet another reason not to spend real money beyond the point of purchase. [bought a ship in Star Citizen mainly due to alpha beta and full game for 40$].

But they had it comin, tossed their money into some program that has no monetary benefit what so ever.

Sux to be them. L O L.

Take into consideration that most of the $20,000 is not money people actually put into the game. That number is based off of the player's value of Eve's currency. This is because players are allowed to buy subscriptions with real money and sell them in-game. I'd imagine that most of the ships were created through harvesting materials in-game, so more time than money was lost.

extremely  complicated

its too "big" of a game for me to understand

Its a good game overall because it's mostly player controlled. There aren't that many rules, some people make livings scamming people. The economy is amazing, it's also player controlled, many people make livings off buying and selling, it's also dynamic. There are quite a few specializations you can chose to do ex. Factional warfare, movers, pirates, pvp, pve, mining, manufacturing, scamming, trading, exploration, etc.

If you want to try it heres my buddy code for a 21 day tral: https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=f91483e9-3fa8-4398-a940-e082cf3fd07d&action=buddy

You can fund your ingame membership with plex if you make enough money

Eve is way to complicated for my tiny mind to understand.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

The fps got so low man!

NOT ENOUGH MINERALS

Specs cpu:  i7 4770k  mobo: z87-pro RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB GPU: EVGA GTX 770 HDD: WD blue 1TB psu: TX750M case: 550D cooling: H100i monitor: Dell U2410/Samsung sa350

I <3 senheiser, ASUS, Corsair, Intel