Lots of Cloud Credit

Hey, guys. I've got around $96,000 of Google Cloud Platform credit that expires next April and there's no way in hell I'm going to be able to spend it all by then.

I've only spent 4k since this past April and that was because I accidently left some huge instances on.

I just started a 16 CPU server folding on the team and am going to see how efficient it is.

If it proves to be efficient, I'll allocate 10 x 32 vCPU servers to fold continually, coming to 160 CPU's folding for cures.

I can probably leave those running all the way to April, and as the deadline for my credit approaches, I'll throw more servers online until I burn through all the credit.

Just wanted to let you know, you'll see my username 'ericvolp12' showing up on the team page pretty soon I hope.

Great to be part of the team :D

UPDATE: My PPD looks to be around 70k per server. I'll wait til tomorrow to make any decisive actions.

I'm creating a cluster template now so if I want to, I can roll out an automated cluster of these servers to scale when I want them to.

Is 70k PPD any good?

Thank you :)

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

dang son :D awesome

edit: how did you get 100k in credit? o,o

Won it in a financial technology hackathon :P

Was supposed to be for a startup, but the two others and I don't have a startup.

GOD DAMMIT MY "CLOUD TO BUTT PLUS" EXTENSION MADE THIS THREAD'S TITLE REALLY WEIRD....

Ahahahahahaha

Ahahahahahaha

Yep. Here's what it looks like to me...

butts.jpg

That extension can make a bad day a great one though so I keep it around xD

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

butts.jpg

Your image isn't loading for me :(

96k...

Go buy an insane watercooled rig.

Right now

do et

It's not real cash.

It has no monetary value and you can't turn it to cash without creating a business around selling it :P

Won it in a financial technology hackathon :P

Was supposed to be for a startup, but the two others and I don't have a startup.

dang lucky..

I am a happy wuffy

Then sell it lol

You have to create a whole business around it.

It's really not worth it, they charge a lot for their cloud servers, at most I'd make maybe 15k and it'd take a ton of work and a year to crank it all out.

I'm headed to bed now, it's 5 AM here in London. See you guys tomorrow with an update!

Quick last note, by my current calculations based on my current work unit (9752), I can get around 18 work units done a day on one server.

You have to create a whole business around it.

It's really not worth it, they charge a lot for their cloud servers, at most I'd make maybe 15k and it'd take a ton of work and a year to crank it all out.

I'm headed to bed now, it's 5 AM here in London. See you guys tomorrow with an update!

This is what it looks like: 

PMgr3Jq.jpg

Okay I've been staying up secretly, spinning up cloud instances.

http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=ericvolp12

Watch that for a day

I should be getting points around a rate of 8 million a week.

Noice, I wonder how far up the leaderboard you'll get by April.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Noice, I wonder how far up the leaderboard you'll get by April.

Yeah, gotta wait for my numbers to stabilize before I can make any solid predictions ;)

Yeah, gotta wait for my numbers to stabilize before I can make any solid predictions ;)

Typically the numbers go up after they're stable it took a couple days for my 7950 and 290 to get 289k-301k constantly. Can't wait to see your PPD after a couple days.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Typically the numbers go up after they're stable it took a couple days for my 7950 and 290 to get 289k-301k constantly. Can't wait to see your PPD after a couple days.

Oh, okay. Thanks for the info :) 

Yeah, they're only CPU's tho, 256 2.5Ghz cores of Xeons.

Probably astronomically cost inefficient, but hey it's free to me.

Oh, okay. Thanks for the info :)

Yeah, they're only CPU's tho, 256 2.5Ghz cores of Xeons.

Probably astronomically cost inefficient, but hey it's free to me.

Eh, cost efficiency doesn't matter if they're free. Its awesome that we now have an extra 256 Xeon cores on the team though.

Spoiler

Eh, cost efficiency doesn't matter if they're free. Its awesome that we now have an extra 256 Xeon cores on the team though.

Hahaha, glad to hear I'm welcome :D

Are you allowed to put titans in your servers? Kappa

Gaming PC: CPU: i7 4770k@4.2GHz w/ CM Nepton 140xl, GPU: Gigabyte 1070 @2050, RAM: ADATA XPG V1 16GB@2133MHz, Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 7, Case: Corsair NZXT S340.

Are you allowed to put titans in your servers? Kappa

Lol, I don't own the servers or live anywhere near them.

It's like having a ton of AWS credit.