Korean 1440p monitor - X-Star DP2710 - received mine today, take a look!

Streamline

About the OC thing, it will not as smooth as a "real" 120hz monitor (but still smoother than 60hz) and the risk of dead pixels is slightly increased

It will be as smooth as a "real" 120hz monitor.  The only difference is a *tiny* bit of motion blur if the pixel response is higher than the rate the monitor refreshes at.  But as far as number of frames and "smooth" there is no detectable difference.  These are NOT dropping frames.  Also, overclocking the monitor, which amounts to overclocking the PCB (not the panel and not the screen) has no impact on pixels at all.  The LCD screen (the pixels) are exactly the same on an IPS monitor as a TN montor as a VA monitor.  The only difference is the pixel density because of the higher resolution.  To imply that overclocking the PCB has any impact on dead pixels is ridiculous and false.

If there is any negative impact on the lifespan it would be of the PCB, not the panel or the screen.  People should understand how monitors work if they want to make claims, just saying...

can u send me that wallpaper thanks 

CPU: Fx 8350 | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Now  AMD STOCK CPU COOLER | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 (rev 1.1)   NOW MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 Motherboard detects 7gb for some weird reason | Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5 |  HDD: 1 TB samsung 

Case: CM elite 310 | Monitor: Aoc e2050S

OS: Windows 8 Professional 64 Bit NOW  Wndows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Power Supply: Cooler Master Thunder 500W NOW GX 650W v2

It will be as smooth as a "real" 120hz monitor.  The only difference is a *tiny* bit of motion blur if the pixel response is higher than the rate the monitor refreshes at.  But as far as number of frames and "smooth" there is no detectable difference.  These are NOT dropping frames.  Also, overclocking the monitor, which amounts to overclocking the PCB (not the panel and not the screen) has no impact on pixels at all.  The LCD screen (the pixels) are exactly the same on an IPS monitor as a TN montor as a VA monitor.  The only difference is the pixel density because of the higher resolution.  To imply that overclocking the PCB has any impact on dead pixels is ridiculous and false.

If there is any negative impact on the lifespan it would be of the PCB, not the panel or the screen.  People should understand how monitors work if they want to make claims, just saying...

@Vitalius is this true?

(FYI vitalius knows pretty much everything)

Also that post is over 2 months old, if you are going to correct people do it close to the date it was posted.

@Vitalius is this true?

Also that post is over 2 months old, if you are going to correct people do it close to the date it was posted.

No clue. I don't know much about monitors honestly.

@Glenwing knows a lot about Dell monitors and such things (the differences in types). 

Would overclocking a monitor's PCB affect dead pixels or improve/affect refresh rate?

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

@Vitalius is this true?

I just came across the thread today because it was bumped and was reading through the whole thread, I would have posted sooner if I had seen it then. 

The reason I say it won't affect the pixels is because the pixels are the same no matter what panel type or PCB you're talking about.  There are only a couple people who make LCD screens (or panels for that matter) and all the companies use the same screens.  Dead pixels are part of the screen manufacturing process...how they are lit (and by what kind of panel) makes no difference.  Just like the panels themselves don't know what refresh rate they are operating at...they only know what the PCB is telling them to do and they try to do it. 

do you do any gaming on this, if so what are you using to power it and what kind of performance are you getting? 

I have this monitor myself and I'm running a 7950 boost. In a few games I've had to turn settings down (from all ultra/highest) but it's completely playable with very good graphical settings. Also text looks a hell of a lot better.

CPU: 5820k 4.5Ghz 1.28v, RAM: 16GB Crucial 2400mhz, Motherboard: Evga X99 Micro, Graphics Card: GTX 780, Water Cooling: EK Acetal CPU/GPU blocks,

240mm Magicool slim rad, 280mm Alphacool rad, D5 Vario pump, 1/4 ID 3/4 OD tubing, Noctua Redux 140/120mm fans. PSU: Evga 750w G2 SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB & Seagate SSHD 2TB Audio: Sennheiser HD558s, JBL! speakers, Fiio E10k DAC/Amp Monitor: Xstar DP2710LED @ 96hz (Korean Monitor) Case: Fractal Node 804

I have this monitor myself and I'm running a 7950 boost. In a few games I've had to turn settings down (from all ultra/highest) but it's completely playable with very good graphical settings. Also text looks a hell of a lot better.

Can you run the games in 1080p on the screen, i ask because sometimes you need to run a game in 1080 for it to run properly. 

Can you run the games in 1080p on the screen, i ask because sometimes you need to run a game in 1080 for it to run properly. 

No.  You will have black bars on the screen if you do.  These monitors do NOT have scalers, you have to run in native resolution (2560x1440) in order to have a decent picture.  That's why you shuoldn't bother with a monitor like this unless you have a powerful rig to run it...particularly if you intend to overclock.  I'm running a brand new high end build with an SLI setup to get 100 fps at that resolution.

No.  You will have black bars on the screen if you do.  These monitors do NOT have scalers, you have to run in native resolution (2560x1440) in order to have a decent picture.  That's why you shuoldn't bother with a monitor like this unless you have a powerful rig to run it...particularly if you intend to overclock.  I'm running a brand new high end build with an SLI setup to get 100 fps at that resolution.

I don't know a lot about this, but when you are in a game can you lower the resolution.

I don't know a lot about this, but when you are in a game can you lower the resolution.

That's what I'm saying...on these monitors you can't.  They have no scaler, if you lower the in game resolution to 1080p you will have black bars surrounding your screen...it will NOT be full screen because it can't scale.  I have one of these monitors and I tried it for giggles to see what would happen.  It was in the middle of my screen with black bars around it.  When I'm at home after the holiday I'll reply with a picture showing you...

• 3 months later...

For a Decent quality 1440p experience, this is probably my fav. Prefer PLS over IPS of the Shimian, and the X-star just looks nicer.

• 4 months later...

I apologize in advance for this thread necromancy but I purchased the same monitor and I need the manual or other related documents provided with this monitor for my local customs office. I would be really grateful if someone who owns this monitor could send me a copy since none were provided with mine. I hope that this request does not require a new thread in the troubleshooting area if so, please let me know.

• 1 year later...

please answer this,

how to connect HDMI to this Xstar?

try DVI 24+1 to HDMI but not working, the screen blinking red green blue and black/white

i also try adaptor (hdmi cable + adaptor dvi d) still not working  :(

thx before