Korean 1440p monitor - X-Star DP2710 - received mine today, take a look!

Streamline

Alright, so!

After being interested in those 1440p monitors for a little while already I have informed myself a ton about those monitors for the last two weeks, and after Logan's video from TekSyndicate on the X-Star DP2710, I decided to pull the trigger on it from the same ebay seller as Logan recommended (dream-seller). After waiting for it for 6 business days (South Korea -> Luxembourg) (it was delayed for 1 day because they opened my package when it was imported :[ ) , it finally arrived today

The Box it came in:

iGhWPFh.jpg

Yes, this is the box it is shipping in, so you're better off hoping the box doesn't take a beating while shipping!

nlcas62.jpg

Letter to confirm that they did in fact open up the box to check for pixels? It was on the bottom of the box underneath the display, so atleast they did take the display out, even if it was just to put the letter there lol

Content of the box:
eSWy8GN.jpg

Content of the accessory box:
bduCcpV.jpg

The screen O:
tnE7FZ3.jpg

It does actually look quite classy if you ask me. The front doesn't feel cheap at all. The material that is of course. The back doesn't *feel* cheap too, but if you hit it with your hand, you can hear that it's cheap. The stand is reaaaally wobbly, but who cares. Unless you're living on a ship of course.

97KgvlE.jpg
No dead pixels as promised

Backlight bleeding:
LBhWfhr.jpg

Not all that bad :/ I can't actually notice it when using it normally. I'm eventually going to open it up to remove the stand, and probably also going to fix the backlight bleeding on that occasion. Here's a playlist explaining how to dismantel this kind of display and also where to put electric tape to fix backlight bleeding. Here's the link to the video that shows where to put the tape, but go to the first video to start the dismantling process:

Aaaand my setup for now:
eaUixZl.jpg

In conclusion: Absolutely no regrets buying this monitor. At 320€ it's a steal.

I must ask, is the little painting actual paint or a photocopy? 

If it's paint, where can I buy this monitor? :D

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

I must ask, is the little painting actual paint or a photocopy? 

If it's paint, where can I buy this monitor? :D

No, haha. It's just a photocopy. 

do you do any gaming on this, if so what are you using to power it and what kind of performance are you getting? 

Cpu:4670k- at stock.... for now Gpu:r9-280x crossfire Cooler:KrakenX40 MB:mpower SP Ram:8gb hyperX beast 

That bezel is huge.

Doesn't need to be small multimonitor gaming at 1440p is unrealistic and what do you expect for the price.

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i7 4770K / CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120Gig and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb / Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming-7 / GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX / Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850watt / Case: Corsair 750D 680 Coaster

Doesn't need to be small multimonitor gaming at 1440p is unrealistic and what do you expect for the price.

Okay, I actually agree with you on value for money.

Okay, I actually agree with you on value for money.

:D

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i7 4770K / CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120Gig and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb / Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming-7 / GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX / Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850watt / Case: Corsair 750D 680 Coaster

do you do any gaming on this, if so what are you using to power it and what kind of performance are you getting? 

Yes, I am doing gaming on this. Currently I have a Sapphire HD7850 OC edition, which actually doing fine with midrange games such as League of Legends and Guild Wars 2. LoL actually plays completely maxed out at 60 fps. GW2 also still allows most settings on high. I haven't tried any highly demanding games yet. I am still waiting for my 780 which hasn't arrived yet though. 

Have you OCed it yet?

Not yet because I need to patch my video card's driver to do so. After I get my 780 and have the Nvidia drivers installed I'm going to attempt a 85Hz overclock. 

Not yet because I need to patch my video card's driver to do so. After I get my 780 and have the Nvidia drivers installed I'm going to attempt a 85Hz overclock. 

you can use CRU to OC the screen even with the AMD card

http://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-Custom-Resolution-Utility-CRU

Edited by Biased Opinion

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

As the owner of a monitor with a cheap crappy stand, I thinki it matters.

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

Really tempted to buy for college. Could double as a TV for me and my roommate. One question. I've heard that these OC to 120 Hz. Is this true? If so, I'm placing my order right now. Still not sure what to do with my existing one though...

CPU - FX 8320 @ 4.8 GHz

| MoBo - Sabertooth 990FX | GPU - XFX Radeon HD 7870 GHz Ed. @ 1.075 GHz | CPU Cooler - H100 | RAM - 16 GB Dual Channel Vengeance @ 1600 MHz (didn't care to push these...) | OS - Windows 8 Pro | Storage - OCZ Vertex 3 (120 GB Boot), Samsung 830 Pro 64 GB, WD Black 1 TB, some random 320 GB from a laptop | PSU - CM Silent Hybrid Pro 850W (MDPC Sleeving) | Case - 800D | Monitors - ASUS V238H/ X Star DP2710LED | Mouse - M90 Keyboard - CM Quickfire Rapid w/ custom key caps

"When life gives you lemons, Don't make lemonade, make life take the lemons back!" - Cave Johnson, CEO

I haven't tried OC'ing yet, but I will once I get my 780. 

Really tempted to buy for college. Could double as a TV for me and my roommate. One question. I've heard that these OC to 120 Hz. Is this true? If so, I'm placing my order right now. Still not sure what to do with my existing one though...

I have the Qnix which is the exact same monitor and it reaches 125hz. Almost all of these monitors will hit at least 96hz..

Go check out our official club and you can see the list of members and what OC we were all able to achieve..

http://www.overclock.net/t/1384767/official-the-korean-pls-monitor-club-qnix-x-star

• 2 months later...

i just got mine and i can not be happier with it.. awesome Screen. 

id probably get a VESA mount for the display though.

looks like a great monitor to me much better than what i bought

CPU: Fx 8350 | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Now  AMD STOCK CPU COOLER | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 (rev 1.1)   NOW MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 Motherboard detects 7gb for some weird reason | Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5 |  HDD: 1 TB samsung 

Case: CM elite 310 | Monitor: Aoc e2050S

OS: Windows 8 Professional 64 Bit NOW  Wndows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Power Supply: Cooler Master Thunder 500W NOW GX 650W v2

Remember, the X-Star and Qnix are the exact same monitors, just different brands with different casings.

About the OC thing, it will not as smooth as a "real" 120hz monitor (but still smoother than 60hz) and the risk of dead pixels is slightly increased

About the OC thing, it will not as smooth as a "real" 120hz monitor (but still smoother than 60hz) and the risk of dead pixels is slightly increased

I noticed. Beautiful display though. Not using as a tv since he decided to get a 46" randomly. 

CPU - FX 8320 @ 4.8 GHz

| MoBo - Sabertooth 990FX | GPU - XFX Radeon HD 7870 GHz Ed. @ 1.075 GHz | CPU Cooler - H100 | RAM - 16 GB Dual Channel Vengeance @ 1600 MHz (didn't care to push these...) | OS - Windows 8 Pro | Storage - OCZ Vertex 3 (120 GB Boot), Samsung 830 Pro 64 GB, WD Black 1 TB, some random 320 GB from a laptop | PSU - CM Silent Hybrid Pro 850W (MDPC Sleeving) | Case - 800D | Monitors - ASUS V238H/ X Star DP2710LED | Mouse - M90 Keyboard - CM Quickfire Rapid w/ custom key caps

"When life gives you lemons, Don't make lemonade, make life take the lemons back!" - Cave Johnson, CEO