Tech you wouldn't reccomend to anyone

techswede

I think the Bias war is real

Ya think? Good luck finding an unbiased forum anywhere..

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

Don't buy any AMD products, no AMD GPUs or CPUs. They overheat and the software is bad. Nvidia is better

Corsair products are cheapo and suck so don't buy those.

Coolermaster is bad too, they have cheap plastic cases.

Gigabyte has rip off motherboards that break in a month.

Razer is about the only good brand.

/s

Aerocool fans are really the worst, seriously. I had all 4 break on me.

Troll?

Nvm... :)

My Rig

CPU: i7-4770k @ 3.50GHz | Motherboard: Asrock Z87 Extreme4 | Hyper XFury 16GB(2x8) and 1x8GB G.Skill =24GB GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 O.C.ed | Case: N600 Coolermaster Storage: 1x3TB 7200RPM, 1x320GB 7200RPM, 1x750GB 5400RPM, 1x500GB Evo 850 SSD, 1x1TB = 5.67TB | PSU: 750 Watt PSU Displays: 2x23 inch LG23M45 60hz 1080p + 1 QNIX QX2710 (O.C.ed)100hz 1440p | Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blues | Cooling: Stock | Mouse: Redragon Perdition Sound: Sades SA-708 Headset | Operating System: Windows 8

Ask me about my photography!

Ya think? Good luck finding an unbiased forum anywhere..

Yeah there are, but they are hard to find

Troll?

/s = sarcasm 

Salty... The new thing for 'Cool' trolls people to say now is it? 

Anyway, another one to add to the list, Kingston's V300 (and any other bait and switch SSDs they have)

any low end graphics card especially those with an enormous amount of vram which leads people to think of performance e.g. gt 630 with 4 gigs of ram.

these cards are usually used by vendors in prebuilt systems to make the spec sheet look awesome to somebody who doesnt know any better. 

i think i dont have to clarify why its plain stupid to get a low end card or do i?

in an office pc use onboard and for gaming or really anything else dont go low end

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

ASRock motherboards. They're cheap for a reason!

I've had 10 motherboards fail within half a year for more or less the same reasons. All the boards were RMA'd and replaced and still managed to fail 4-5 months after installing. All other components worked just fine and eventually the motherboard was take out of the equation alltogether and replaced with Asus, Gigabyte or MSI.

Dunno about you mate, but I've been running ASRock boards going back to the first LGA 775-based P4's, and each one is still running fine no matter if it's 3 years old (my Z77 Extreme4) or ~10 years old (my 4CoreDual-SATA2 R2.0).

On the high-end (Z-series & X-Series) ASRock is priced competitively with ASUS & MSI, even having options and features at a lower price-point that their expensive brethren from the other two don't have at all.

On the low-end (B-series & H-series) ASRock boards are actually usable and don't cheap-out on components such as those that'd otherwise force you to find odd or rare RAM sticks to fully get the most out of the board (Gigabyte fails as they want you to try and find SINGLE-sided 4GB DDR3 sticks to use all 4 slots on their H-series boards and spit the dummy (throw a hissy fit) if you DARE try and use double-sided 4GB sticks in more than 2 slots or even 8GB sticks in ANY slots).

As for tech I wouldn't suggest anybody use - Turtle Beach Stealth 400's

I've had 2 pairs of these bastards so far in the past 4 months and both pairs within 2 months of getting them have had failures in the plastic that comprises the moving arm of each earcup right near the 'base' of the arm (right above the pivot point of the earcups) with micro fractures that cause the whole arm to break away from general daily use.

On the flip-side, the Afterglow Wireless Headset I'm currently using does have a dead microphone (probably broken wire within the flexible retractable boom that stores in the left earcup, might crack it open one day and find out, probably try and fix it) but they're about 2-3 years old and solid as a rock (physically and electronically) otherwise.

Well if OP is looking for specifics I no longer recommend Corsair Hydro Series Coolers.  Have had two people I recommended it to have pump issues.  I can also say I do not personally recommend EVGA graphics cards because I have a personal preference of if you can buy it at Best Buy (the store I go to), don't buy that product.

also i just thought of 2 other things:

cheap asrock mainboards, i dont know about the expensive ones but mine was pretty cheap (around 40-50 bucks) and it sucks donky butt. no real fan control, poor oc and stability also looks a little different in my mind. maybe you get what you pay for and for 40-50 bucks thats maybe ok but still i wouldnt recommend it to anyone even if you are at a tight budget.

secondly tn-panels today you can get ips panels foor basicly the same price and still tn panels are widely spread and very common.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Razer, the old AMD cards, FSP PSUs

"Dont take my word for it, wait for the others"

-GabbDogg 2015

Novation Launchpad (midi controller) 

constantly disconnects, buttons are too stiff.. 

Ableton Live 9

Have to reset the sound quality EVERY TIME I OPEN IT.. the settings values never change, but when i go to make some music it crackles up EVERY TIME even on "studio quality" in my audio drivers, as well as ableton settings.. it does this until i get so pissed off that i dont even want to use my midi controller.. waste of 400$ on a controller until i find a fing daw that works..

You might want to reinstall it, I have been using it for a couple of years now and have had no issues.

CPU: 6600K @ 4.6Ghz | COOLER: H100i GTX | MOBO: Asus Z170 AR | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB | 

CASE: Corsair 760T | PSU: Corsair RM750x | STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & Seagate 2TB | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB | MOUSE: Deathadder Elite

Low quality PSU's, for obvious reasons

Corsair CX PSU's, Low quality capacitors,Too high of a failure rate,Bad Experience with units.

OEM systems (HP,Dell,Acer,Compaq etc) I used to absolutely think having a good HP was the bees knee's until i learned a bit more about tech and realised just how BAD I was getting ripped off, plus the fact that these systems use absolutely terrible PSU's was enough to just make me go oh god, And cheap brand motherboards alongside that too.

Ubuntu, Just from using 12.04 has put me off using anything with that name forever, 12.04 was by a good margin the worst OS i've ever used (and i used Windows ME back a decade or so ago and i used vista when it lagged the heck out of old hardware), however 1 that was back in 2012 and 2 there might be better versions.

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

Babies. I definitely don't recommend babies. They're supposed to be the most advanced biological machines in human history, but I find that to be false advertising. They emit horrible sounds and smells in normal usage scenarios, and require frequent maintenance. They don't even come with a reasonable manufacturers warranty, if the baby is a dud then you're just stuck with it. This wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the complete lack of quality control. My biggest complaint is that even on paper, babies are nothing more than a gimmick. Without the mandatory long, complex software updates that you need to manually install yourself, the only software package that comes bundled with babies is the ability to identify ways to self-destruct. No one likes a one trick pony. While there's a lot of promise in the technology behind babies, I would steer clear of them for the time being. After some simple hardware revisions they should be fine though. I'd definitely be interested in benchmarking some 2nd gen babies to see how they perform in comparison.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

You might want to reinstall it, I have been using it for a couple of years now and have had no issues.

its not a legit version... theres no fucking way im paying 700$... and im nto really gonna worry about it until i ger my new pc any way... i think this laptop is partly to blame..

Skullcandy earphones

ultra-cheap cases from people like Azza/DIYPC/raidmax etc.

cheap $.50 cables on ebay (use amazon instead) :P

Ultra low-end Graphics cards.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Razer Mamba 2013,

Razer-Mamba-2-04-Driver-Comes-with-Windo

while it looks sexy it has serious issues, most notably razer synapse is a pile of wank that rarely works, the sensors struggle to work on ALOT of surfaces, the battery life is virtually non existent, FINGER PRINT MAGNET and redicuously over priced. Why I purchased it I have no idea. 

And then what this guy said, I could go on and on about why this product is utter shite.

The cheap NZXT led strips

51OA1%2Bbk-xL.jpg

Any Tacens shit.

Steel bends like butter and the worst PSUs ever.

That's not the way to create a low budget oriented company, they'd stick with OEM designs instead of chinese random craps

This is a signature.

AMD cpus.

LG TVs and other tv makers that use Lg IPS panels. because the contrast is very very bad.the blacks are...grey and the screen has some glow. very bad for watching movies/shows in the evening.go with Sony or Samsung.e: also sony tv`s are great for gaming,they have the lowest input lag

microsoft phones. because windows OS

e: Corsair PSU`s. like RM series.bad price/performance.with the usual cheap caps at a premium price

Edited by s3ns3

The cheap NZXT led strips

51OA1%2Bbk-xL.jpg

the control switch started failing after a few months

I went through 3 of these strips and on all of them the switch was crap

NZXT Hue was a far better quality product

I got this because I cba to solder and sleeve my own. I haven't ever touched the controls, I just leave it on constantly so maybe that's why I've had no issues with it.

@valdyrgramr Apple's products are among the most physically rugged that I've ever owned. Granted that's just an iPod Classic, an iPhone 4 and an iPhone 6, so I haven't used an actual Mac (mainly for OS reasons: I use Windows for a PC that I play games on and Linux otherwise) but of the Apple products I have used the actual build quality has been fantastic.

The iPod Classic is coming up to 10 years old now and the iPhone 4 (which my dad now uses because he prefers the form factor) is about 5 years old now.

Good job guys. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Any Raidmax PSU

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

I got this because I cba to solder and sleeve my own. I haven't ever touched the controls, I just leave it on constantly so maybe that's why I've had no issues with it.

well the LEDs in the braided cable are difficult to position properly because its not a flat strip, and the lighting looks horribly uneven because the LEDs are focused and create "spots" of light that are brighter and dark spots that are not lit well

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020