Tech you wouldn't reccomend to anyone

techswede

All of them?

Honestly I can't speak about all of them but the Siberia V2's are terrible in terms of build quality. After 2 years my friend's pair and mine died.

DVD rewinders, I almost want one as a novelty.

"Ghost"

Intel i5-4690k 4.6 GHz 1.25v | NZXT Kraken x61 | Asus Z97-AR | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1866 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW DT 2050 MHz

NZXT h440 White | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 GS | 2x Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB  |Asus VG248QE  | Win 10

Anything Apple

Why?

• I don't like OS X (It's locked down to Apple Hardware)
  • I want to build my own PC from brands of components that I choose not Apple
  • I don't like iOS (Super locked down, and It's locked down to Apple hardware)

Yes I know you can gain root access on iOS, but that can be a real pain in the ass to do and updates become a pain.

Yes I know you can do a hackintosh, but that's a pain in the ass, hardware selection is a lot slimmer and just the fact you OS X was never built to be run on non-mac components, so it's a bit of a hack as the name implies. Even then though if OS X wasn't locked down to Apple hardware, I would still choose Linux and Windows over OS X as Linux is more configurable and Windows has better software support. 

TL;DR Apple is too closed off for me

Prebuilt desktop PC's

I would rather build it myself.

Main PC: CPU: i7-4770k RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB HDD: 1TB WD Blue GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PSU: Corsair CX600M Case: Bitfenix Shinobi OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Laptop: ASUS N56VJ

R9 290

Razer Naga Hex

MSI Motherboards

Consoles

Beats branded products

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

Cable television

HP notebooks/ultrabooks

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

Anything Apple

-snip-

Hold on there. All of the reasons you gave are why Apple isn't good for you personally. How does that apply to not reccomending it to anyone? What about people who like all the things you mentioned that you don't like? You wouldnt reccomend a product that would fit them perfectly?

Just to avoid being called a fanboy: W10 on PC & Android on HTC One.

Potato

Honestly I can't speak about all of them but the Siberia V2's are terrible in terms of build quality. After 2 years my friend's pair and mine died.

Yeah I heard those were bad too but apparently the 3Gv2s and similar are okay.

Silverstone ML08  ||  Intel i5-6600  ||  Gigabyte HD 7950 @ Stock  ||  Corsair 2x4GB DDR4 2133MHz  ||  Gigabyte H170-N WIFI  ||  Samsung 840 Pro 128GB  ||  WD Caviar Black 1TB  ||  MSX 64-bit

Hold on there. All of the reasons you gave are why Apple isn't good for you personally. How does that apply to not reccomending it to anyone? What about people who like all the things you mentioned that you don't like? You wouldnt reccomend a product that would fit them perfectly?

You wouldn't recommend W10? Not yet, or not ever? I'm on 8.1 right now but I will do a clean install of 10 in a month or two, for sure. Looks like 7 but nicer, once you opt-out of all the botnet shit. 

Silverstone ML08  ||  Intel i5-6600  ||  Gigabyte HD 7950 @ Stock  ||  Corsair 2x4GB DDR4 2133MHz  ||  Gigabyte H170-N WIFI  ||  Samsung 840 Pro 128GB  ||  WD Caviar Black 1TB  ||  MSX 64-bit

You wouldn't recommend W10? Not yet, or not ever? I'm on 8.1 right now but I will do a clean install of 10 in a month or two, for sure. Looks like 7 but nicer, once you opt-out of all the botnet shit. 

Sorry i wasn't clear. I meant to say that I'm not an Apple-user. It was off topic, I'd definitely recommend W10.

On topic though: I wouldn't recommend a 'gaming laptop'. I don't think there is such a thing, and most people are better off getting a desktop.

Potato

DVD rewinders, I almost want one as a novelty.

I laughed when I got an advertisement in the mail for one of those.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Sorry i wasn't clear. I meant to say that I'm not an Apple-user. It was off topic, I'd definitely recommend W10.

On topic though: I wouldn't recommend a 'gaming laptop'. I don't think there is such a thing, and most people are better off getting a desktop.

Ah okay. Yeah, never found a gaming laptop that was a good deal for the performance you get with it. Shame, really. I guess desktops will always be cheaper for better performance, though.

I'm seeing it from the situation of they don't know what they want and am asking to see what I recommend, I'm not going to recommend something I don't like to use that I potentially have to fix at a later date.

If those factors mean nothing to them, then there is no reason to choose one over the other, but of course if someone want's your opinion then you will always be a bit biased towards your preference.

Main PC: CPU: i7-4770k RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB HDD: 1TB WD Blue GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PSU: Corsair CX600M Case: Bitfenix Shinobi OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Laptop: ASUS N56VJ

Windows Vista

Nuff Said

"Life's too Short, Use Express Install" Express install subject to spying
                                        -Microsoft 2015

ARM Windows Tablets. The point of Windows on a tablet it to be able to run Win32 apps on a small device so you don't have to carry a laptop with you and risk breaking it. Gladly MS learned from Windows RT and scrapped it. I feel bad for the 30 somthing people who bought Surface RTs

You are on a need to know basis, and you don't need to know.

Huawei phones. 

The only thing they can do is to look nice. But that's about it. 

"The human body is nothing to be ashamed of, unless you have... insecurities." - Oleg Kirrlov

Fan controllers

What, your motherboard doesn't have fan headers? YOU WANT TO MANUALLY SET YOU FAN SPEEDS CONSTANTLY?

when you have a big case with lots of fans, you need a bloody fan controller.

also there are tones of fan controllers that has auto modes, don't be ignorant. 

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein