Taking the MSI GS30, putting a titan-x in it and then water cooling it.

Meaker
Firstly I'd like to point out optimus works on the internal display now on the original dock, no fuss on the drivers, it just works.

Next slap a titan X inside the box

20150408_092505_zpszwcnmf5q.jpg

Works fine as expected! Ok so next cut a 120mm fan hole in the bottom:

dock_zpsudjccutv.jpg

Pop in a 120mm fan to check the mounting and a 500W gold rated SFF PSU:

20150601_222204_zpsphudkhva.jpg

Now catch a wild water block and attach it to the GPU:

20150605_222606_zpsi6x1ocon.jpg

Check the parts don't leak and sneak in some benchmarking:

20150607_081855_zpsyrft3yuo.jpg

PERFORMANCE:

Total: 16113

4870HQ @ 3.7ghz
Peak GPU clocks 1503/2000

Graphics Score 21862
Physics Score 10395
Combined Score 7505

EXTREME

Total: 9217

Titan-X @ 1503/2050
4870HQ @ 3.7ghz

Graphics Score 10298
Physics Score 10341
Combined Score 4728

ULTRA

Total: 5007

Titan-X @ 1503/2028
4870HQ @ 3.7ghz

Graphics Score 5060
Physics Score 10387
Combined Score 2701

Get it in there with some messy cabling:

20150613_215911_zps3v5lpfll.jpg

Tidy that cabling up and hook all the fans and pump up to the GPU for fan control:

20150615_175131_zps8wooa55x.jpg

fantitanx_zpssrt9povl.png

247titanx_zpszud4qcvs.png

Do some more benching:

(Some video of the benchmarking:

)

heavenx_zpsom8vedpd.jpg

Now set up some software lighting off the GPU too ;)

Now all that is left is shaping that front hole more and adding some decoration to the front .

And i am sitting here with a 280 bruh

I didn't know what to put here...

The radiator needs some more airflow lel

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

Firstly I'd like to point out optimus works on the internal display now on the original dock, no fuss on the drivers, it just works.

Next slap a titan X inside the box

Can you do some real benchmarks?

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I've tested in futuremark and heaven with no issues, is there something in particular you are after?

A note that I have removed the front speakers and there is a 120mm intake blowing on the radiator and a slim 120mm akasa fan hiding below it too :)

I'm in talks with MSI to show it off at the next insomnia in Coventry at the MSI booth, fingers crossed that all pans out.

awesome mod and welcome to the forums

Thanks I have been around other places but never here (obviously) the rapidity of the responses is nice :) It's actually my first water cooling build so it was a little bit of trial by fire (I've mostly been in the notebook game since the nvidia 500 series launched).

I used the EK titan-X nickel block (none edge to edge to expose the connectors) with red back plate. The rest of the loop consists of a Koolance HX-120XC 30FPI radiator, EK-DDC 3.2 + 100ml res combo (not enough space to fit D5), moonsoon black chrome fittings and adapters and mayhems clear and red pre-mixed solutions to get the shade I wanted.

I am also using the Silverstone SFX-L 500W extended SFF PSU that linus has shown a couple of times.

I had to rewire and solder some of the connectors to get the LED strip hooked up to the connector on the GPU and used a little adapter to get the PWM signal of the GPU fan controller. This makes the cooling and lighting in the dock fully programmable.

I have also cleaned the cabling up even more as the LEDs I am using now get their juice from the GPU and so I don't need their power cable or a molex splitter to get another connector.

I have one corsair 120mm PWM high pressure intake and another as you see on the top, then a thin akasa 120mm at the bottom, it helps a little but mostly it acts as a spacer to get all the dimensions correct.

Thanks I have been around other places but never here (obviously) the rapidity of the responses is nice :) It's actually my first water cooling build so it was a little bit of trial by fire (I've mostly been in the notebook game since the nvidia 500 series launched).

I am also using the Silverstone SFX-L 500W extended SFF PSU that linus has shown a couple of times.

Yes most have :P

My brother has actually been looking for a laptop, he's the type to move it around a few times a month, but 90% of the time it will be stuck on his desk. I've recommend him the GS30 and the Rev2 coming out that was shown off at computex (I think? or maybe CES). It's definitely an interesting laptop!

I am curently using the sfx 450w gold, it's great but the fan was loud.

I replaced it with a noiseblocker 80mm fan, which was great, but after awhile of using it has become loud again, I think it is a problem with the motor of the fan. I had been running the PSU near 100% with a 4670k and gtx 770 and a few fans, so I can see why the fans kept giving out.

If you find the fan loud and want to replace it, I think the noiseblocker 80mm would be a good option. I chose it because it was quiet and black. 500w should be enough overhead to keep the fan from giving out after time. I'm actually not sure how big the sfx-l fan is, so definitely check that if you want to do this replacement. You'll also need a 3 or 4 pin fan to the PSU fan plug adapter, I had to search around abit to find it, and I can't remember the name of it. It was only a couple $ though.

The SFX-L is the extended version, you get a 120mm fan:

20150528_230454_zpsosr2yw10.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Just a note that the completed machine will be on display at the MSI booth in Coventry at the Ricoh arena for insomnia at the end of this month. I'll be around to answering questions.

Very nice cool idea 

Now to sell it to MSI lol ........ 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

Neat.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

20150811_113630_zpsg4xgnw3s.jpg

The dragon is almost finished (just re-doing the claw that goes on the right).

I recorded some game play:

• 2 weeks later...

20150820_020243_zpskv45pfez.jpg

Just need to clean up the light window and glue stains a little.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, long time no post, wanted to add the final couple of pictures, the front looks like this now:

Dragon_FR_zps465vptz9.jpg

With the machine at the show:

MSIGS30_zpsg2uozufr.jpg

However, I am going onto a phase 2 on the mod, I now have both the Corsair fans on the radiator, I am getting a matched third fan for the front to help bring in air and I am also working on the notebook itself.

I am getting a socket added to the motherboard so I can easily insert bios chips, they are annoying to flash due to Aptio V protection but I can manually program them out the system.

God damn, you beat me to it. I've been dying to do this for ages now. Good job!

God damn, you beat me to it. I've been dying to do this for ages now. Good job!

Thanks :) I can't wait for the 700W platinum power units from silverstone to hit and having the three matched fans should make it all the sweeter :)

TRIFAN_zpsdcfpjzjt.jpg

Everything fits and MAN is this thing cool :D But I do now need to get all the right bolts so I can actually put things in place in a more permanent manner lol.

4GINS28.jpg

10 minutes of Crysis 3 skybox (highest details, no AA at 1440p = over 200fps) max temp at 1485/8000 55C lol.

I am using some high end paste as a temporary measure as the work required the heatsink to come off, I'll going back to the CLU pretty quickly as man it was making a difference.