Low blow guys, low blow on top gear. Good video though, I'd like to see more like this if you get the opportunity to do more in the future.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

HOLY SHIT

A CAR REVIEW

A LTT CAR REVIEW

MY LIFE IS COMPLETE

Nice dude! That's a good find :)

Was an excellent find! It's tough to find 10+ year old cars that has gone less than 150,000 km. And at that price, and the condition of the car. It was honestly begging me to buy it. Bought it the same day the person threw up the ad. Interior was also in really nice condition. Even came with the phone for its phone dock and everything :D

xe5tpSa.jpg

Looks clean!!! I bet you will be happy with it for a long while :)

Unfortunately no, BMW's from that era are a little susceptible to failures, and in typical BMW fashion, when it goes wrong, it goes wrong bad and it's going to be freaking expensive :/

But hey, let's hope the car won't start making trouble so soon @GlassBomb

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

Unfortunately no, BMW's from that era are a little susceptible to failures, and in typical BMW fashion, when it goes wrong, it goes wrong bad and it's going to be freaking expensive :/

But hey, let's hope the car won't start making trouble so soon @GlassBomb

I'd say that's true of most German cars - or German products for that matter. "Measure 10,000 times, cut once." It's designed to operate perfectly, until the day that it doesn't.

Anyway, let's get the discussion back on track before this thread completely derails please.

Linus: This car is shit compared to my Lambo. Better sell this pile and buy some more Xeons.

Uhh... Not sure about where you live, but if you're looking to get a car that's less than 5 years old you're not even coming CLOSE to an M3 or M4 in BC for $36k... (Example 7 year old M3, 75k KM, $40k asking).

I mean sure, if you want a 10+ year old car with outdated tech you can get something "nicer" for that money, but that's not really who this car is aimed at.

#E39 M5 v10 <10-15k :D

My dad has a e38 740il v12.

grabbed it for 4k and put 5k in repairs, runs like a champ.

(225,000 Miles)

YAY VESSEL VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Main PC: 4690k, LMG Edition G1 Gaming GTX 980, 16GB Hyper X Fury, Asus Z97-A, EVGA G2 850W, Crucial MX100 128GB, WD Red 1TB 2.5", Dark Rock 3

Laptop: Asus UX305 Monitor: Asus PB278Q Keyboard: Filco Majestouch 2 TKL Mouse: Corsair M65

snip 

how the hell O_O

edit: also that car parking by itself made me think how far we have gotten...

star wars luke skywalker prosthetic arm thingy ... real thing now

combine brains to do a single thing....  done with the 4 monkeys to do a task done

have super great internet around the world and instant connection...... shit isps are still cancer right now  :mellow: ......

not the future yet  :unsure:

So.... why was this video held back for so long? 

Edit: I would love to see the other end of the spectrum and see Linus review a Lexus or Acura much like how the german factory tours vs japanese factory tours. 

Car reviews! NOW THIS I LOVE!
Being a car and computer guy, this is awesome for me.

Did own a BMW E39 530d for about a year. That car was awesome in high speeds and comfort.

Sadly enough my girlfriend has gone on the hybrid bandwagon and started thinking about buying a Lexus IS300h. There is though some nice tech in that sucker.

Me being a petrolhead. I'm thinking about probably buying a Merc E500 and laugh at her . ;)

Case: Silverstone FT05 | RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @1866 | PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 750W | CPU: Intel i7-3770K 4.7GHz | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD1: 180GB Intel 520 | SSD2: 1TB Samsung 850 Pro | MB: ASUS Z77 Sabertooth | GPU: 2x KFA2/GALAX 980 HOF @ 1380MHz | OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 | Mouse: Logitech G502 | Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark | Headset: Bang & Olufsen H6 | Mic: Modmic V4 | Cam: Logitech C920 | Screen: Acer XB270HU 144hz IPS 1440p G-Sync Masterrace

BUILDLOG

sadly, not available in Canada.

come on BMW. Step up your game!

Good video, I liked the boot in my ass over Top Gear. Clarkson and them will be back sometime, but Linus will do for now.

You guys should have seen how many computer cases would have fit in the back, or something.

CPU: Intel 5930k cooled by H110i GT Mobo: MSI X99S XPower AC RAM: 32GB Dominator Platinum 2800mhz GPU: 2x MSi Lightning 290x SSD: 512GB 850 Pro HDD: 4&2TB WD Black PSU: Corsair AX1500i Case: Corsair 900D Monitor: 3xVG248QE  Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark  Mouse: Logitech G700s  Headset: Astro A50

I like chocolate milk.

More car videos. Please. :D

#E39 M5 v10 <10-15k :D

My dad has a e38 740il v12.

grabbed it for 4k and put 5k in repairs, runs like a champ.

(225,000 Miles)

OK, excuse me but let me correct you there, bud.

And E39 M5 never came in a V10, just a V8. The E60 M5 was what had the V10.

And the E38 740il had the same V8 as the E39 540i. The 750iL was the one with the V12.

There you go. :)

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

This is my favorite LTT video to date.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Was an excellent find! It's tough to find 10+ year old cars that has gone less than 150,000 km. And at that price, and the condition of the car. It was honestly begging me to buy it. Bought it the same day the person threw up the ad. Interior was also in really nice condition. Even came with the phone for its phone dock and everything :D

xe5tpSa.jpg

Holy shit that is cleaner than I thought it was gonna be G_G

GR8 find M8

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

@nicklmg Question was this  paid for BMW>? 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

OK, excuse me but let me correct you there, bud.

And E39 M5 never came in a V10, just a V8. The E60 M5 was what had the V10.

And the E38 740il had the same V8 as the E39 540i. The 750iL was the one with the V12.

There you go. :)

oh xD the look so similar anyway xD

I know what I'm getting once I raise 3M PhP... (BMW Series 1, top of the line engine with manual transmission...)

...not cool.

Couldn't be less interested in cars.

I agree. As a tech site, I don't see cars falling into the realm of what should be covered. It is fine you want to take advantage of a golden ticket provided to you by BMW for a trip to Germany and all that, but it feels very cheap doing reviews of cars.