STRMfrmXMN's PSU Whitelist (No longer updated)

Like no. Germany Series in an example of it, for its price it's great.

Spoiler

|| Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 || i5 3570 @3.5GHz || Zalman CNPS10X Optima || 8GB RAM HyperX Fury Blue @ 1600MHz || Thermaltake Berlin 630W || Zalman Z11 || Gainward Phantom GTX 970 || 120GB Kingston V300  (Gift) + 1TB  WD Green

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8

Tablet: iPad Mini 2

THAT DOES NOT MEAN THAT ALL CWT PRODUCTS ARE BAD. As I said, like Sirtec that have many good quality and many poor quality units.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

THAT DOES NOT MEAN THAT ALL CWT PRODUCTS ARE BAD. As I said, like Sirtec that have many good quality and many poor quality units.

The Corsair RMi is CWT and it's fantastic

"Rawr XD"

The Corsair RMi is CWT and it's fantastic

Aren't the Corsair HX units CWT Too? those are pretty good.

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

Aren't the Corsair HX units CWT Too? those are pretty good.

HXi are alright, but the HX isn't the best performer.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

HXi are alright, but the HX isn't the best performer.

Oh.

Looks like i may have fallen into the overrating Corsair PSU's trap again :").

*collects her uneaten bag of smarties she left in the trap when she left it a while ago*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

Actually i dont know if this is a really bad question to ask or something but eh.

I always noticed i seem to have a paticular PSU i pick based on the budget of the build and usually it goes like

0-500$ - XFX P1 550 (Pro series? it's the 550W one at 58$)

650$-1200$ - Cooler Master V650

1200$+ - Evga Supernova G2/XFX XTR At 750W or Above.

And im wanting to know, is there any other PSU's i could maybe pick, specially around the 500$ builds mark, Kind of bored of picking the same XFX one, I know there is an S12ii however....i think maybe the xfx beats it out?.

also off topic

Is it me or i notice it's us and maybe one or two others that seem to be like this....Justice league super hero group against Bad PSU's?, saving people from bad PSU choices and potential blowups.

if i was able to animate i....would totally do the justice league intro of us battling off evil crappy Units and giving people decent supplies?.

i dont know it was just a thought :")

Actually i dont know if this is a really bad question to ask or something but eh.

I always noticed i seem to have a paticular PSU i pick based on the budget of the build and usually it goes like

0-500$ - XFX P1 550 (Pro series? it's the 550W one at 58$)

650$-1200$ - Cooler Master V650

1200$+ - Evga Supernova G2/XFX XTR At 750W or Above.

And im wanting to know, is there any other PSU's i could maybe pick, specially around the 500$ builds mark, Kind of bored of picking the same XFX one, I know there is an S12ii however.

also off topic

Is it me or i notice it's us and maybe one or two others that seem to be like this....Justice league super hero group against Bad PSU's?, saving people from bad PSU choices and potential blowups.

if i was able to animate i....would totally do the justice league intro of us battling off evil crappy Units and giving people decent supplies?.

i dont know it was just a thought :")

Antec Neo Eco is good for the price. Antec BP550 is good but ugly. Any nonmodular Seasonic should be good on a budget. If they're using low heat output components then you can recommend the CX series at that price (500), no worries there. Just make sure we aren't seeing high end PCs with them of course. But yeah your list is good. I sound like a broken record but you can peruse through the list I made to see anything in the price range that fits :)

Oh, also don't forget the EVGA GS series and B2 BTW!

Also yes, we must save civilization from shitty PSUs!

Antec Neo Eco is good for the price. Antec BP550 is good but ugly. Any nonmodular Seasonic should be good on a budget. If they're using low heat output components then you can recommend the CX series at that price (500), no worries there. Just make sure we aren't seeing high end PCs with them of course. But yeah your list is good. I sound like a broken record but you can peruse through the list I made to see anything in the price range that fits :)

Oh, also don't forget the EVGA GS series and B2 BTW!

Also yes, we must save civilization from shitty PSUs!

oo okay :), I Looked up the Neo eco and it's going around right now for 40$ and i hear it's pretty much a S12ii which is a pretty decent unit so, im sure i can keep it in mind.

I couldn't however recommend a CX unit, for a sorta lower budget browsing PC or something with like a i3 and a 750ti i'd usually just go for a Seasonic Silverbox unit or maybe now an antec earthwatts?

but then again i probably would have a good chance to be in the top 2 of the list of "People with the biggest Vendetta against Corsair CX PSU's on the linustechtips forum".

But yeah i ....probably should have done that in the first place, but again me needing to be sure is why i asked :")

Also I heard the B2 Units from EVGA are super flower? (i forgot what platform it was based off of though, pretty sure it's not just a "Leadex bronze") and i believe stuff like the "B" and 80+ Units (the really cheap EVGA PSU's) are HEC?.

HEC isn't really the first name that springs to mind when you think of the word quality however.

And yes!, Ensuring that people who maybe do black and red themed builds do not see any more red when they see red when they see a sudden flash of red from their PSU.

that's a tongue twister and more terrible humor.

Also I heard the B2 Units from EVGA are super flower? (i forgot what platform it was based off of though, pretty sure it's not just a "Leadex bronze") and i believe stuff like the "B" and 80+ Units (the really cheap EVGA PSU's) are HEC?.

HEC isn't really the first name that springs to mind when you think of the word quality however.

And yes!, Ensuring that people who maybe do black and red themed builds do not see any more red when they see red when they see a sudden flash of red from their PSU.

that's a tongue twister and more terrible humor.

The B2 is basically a bronze (actually silver) rated G2. That's a good way of thinking about it. The 500B/600B are for super basic builds as well, bit better and a bit worse than CX series.

I couldn't however recommend a CX unit, for a sorta lower budget browsing PC or something with like a i3 and a 750ti i'd usually just go for a Seasonic Silverbox unit or maybe now an antec earthwatts?

but then again i probably would have a good chance to be in the top 2 of the list of "People with the biggest Vendetta against Corsair CX PSU's on the linustechtips forum".

For GTX 960 and lower builds, the Antec EA-380D is a soild choice.

Also I heard the B2 Units from EVGA are super flower? (i forgot what platform it was based off of though, pretty sure it's not just a "Leadex bronze") 

Super Flower Golden Green :)

"Rawr XD"

The B2 is basically a bronze (actually silver) rated G2. That's a good way of thinking about it. The 500B/600B are for super basic builds as well, bit better and a bit worse than CX series.

I wonder what the heck happened to 80+ Silver?, Every new PSU i see released nowadays is ethier gold or bronze (occasionally platinum)

Maybe they should have released it as an S2? maybe helps differentiate it from the 500B/600B etc.(i am tired)

For GTX 960 and lower builds, the Antec EA-380D is a soild choice.

Super Flower Golden Green :)

If you can get over the aesthetics yes :).

and looks like i might have a new PSU to recommend sometime then, Golden Green is a pretty solid platform, I remember recommending a golden green for some guy's 600 quid gaming build (UK).

aaaaaand a curious question.

Which is better, taking price out of the contest, AX860i or G2 850W?.

Which is better, taking price out of the contest, AX860i or G2 850W?.

AX > G2 when not considering price but beware of coil whine on the AX, it's a lottery

"Rawr XD"

When I see my HX power supply up near the top of the list

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

When I see my HX power supply up near the top of the list

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

I didn't coordinate it by "higher up in list = better" or anything like that. It's a simple grouping of good PSUs :)

I wonder what the heck happened to 80+ Silver?, Every new PSU i see released nowadays is ethier gold or bronze (occasionally platinum)

Maybe they should have released it as an S2? maybe helps differentiate it from the 500B/600B etc.(i am tired)

Silver is a standard that hasn't been used in years. Dunno why if I'm honest.

I didn't coordinate it by "higher up in list = better" or anything like that. It's a simple grouping of good PSUs :)

I was referring to the picture towards the top of the thread, I think it was the PCMR one

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I was referring to the picture towards the top of the thread, I think it was the PCMR one

Oh, talking about the PSU tiers thing? Eh, it's not accurate. Read Aniallations guide in his signature instead.

Still up there

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Good, now NEVER USE THAT STUPID TIER LIST AGAIN BECAUSE ANIALLATION'S IS LIKE 9278349898723490782390487029384702913847029384720347812034702384249028472138471209384720934872093847029384729038472378904 TIMES BETTER

OK? :P

Silver is a standard that hasn't been used in years. Dunno why if I'm honest.

Suprised silverstone hasn't done anything with the 80+ silver thing, would have made quite the gimmick xD.

Maybe it would have gotten confusing with the growth of 80+ gold units? just easier to have a one or the other type thing rather than a no maybe yes thing.

on PSU Tiers thing?

I think i'll have no worries there

Calm the fuck down, if we compare Sirtec to CWT we gotta do it in the same price range,

Spoiler

|| Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 || i5 3570 @3.5GHz || Zalman CNPS10X Optima || 8GB RAM HyperX Fury Blue @ 1600MHz || Thermaltake Berlin 630W || Zalman Z11 || Gainward Phantom GTX 970 || 120GB Kingston V300  (Gift) + 1TB  WD Green

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8

Tablet: iPad Mini 2