STRMfrmXMN's PSU Whitelist (No longer updated)

I don't have enough experience to comment on the Europe series. I do, however, know firsthand how crappy the Smart and TR2 series are.

I have one, TT Berlin 630W, the older model, made by Sirtec is  very good price to performance wise and it can handle even a 980 Ti. The newer one made by CWT sucks.

Spoiler

|| Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 || i5 3570 @3.5GHz || Zalman CNPS10X Optima || 8GB RAM HyperX Fury Blue @ 1600MHz || Thermaltake Berlin 630W || Zalman Z11 || Gainward Phantom GTX 970 || 120GB Kingston V300  (Gift) + 1TB  WD Green

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8

Tablet: iPad Mini 2

Ha, SeaSonic is literally everything. This is why i recommended a SeaSonic to my friends who's CX600 died on him.

Ha, SeaSonic is literally everything. This is why i recommended a SeaSonic to my friends who's CX600 died on him.

SeaSonic, Delta and Super Flower are good across the board

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Seriously this nonesense has to stop about "poor" qwality capacitors... just avoid non populair brands company's that arent trusted look into their sites go on research dont buy cheap PSU's that arent rated for your kind of use even if it isnt rated for your kinda use it would not be bad fail or catch fire anytime soon -.-

Like litterly anything that has been posted on this thread can be researched specially good brands like Corsair link to their site and they'll explain what series PSU's are made for what kinda work environment your going to trow at.

Dont buy:

Gray PSU's that are cheap from non-trusted company's that dont tell something to you or isnt known you dont even know where they make the PSU's it could be in freakin vietnam thailand or other crappy bisiness country's

Under 80+ efficiently ratings duh who doesnt know about this these days

Non trusted company's

-

And thats it other than that IT will not CATCH FIRE, FAIL, SHORT OUT or any of the said bullshit on the Internet.

He probably used it bad and it isnt ment for it... it even tells CX series on the Corsair website just tell your friends to do research before buying a PSU.

It just Corsair is a very good brand you know they would not make something bad at all they even tell the CX series have PREMIUM qwality features

Seriously this nonesense has to stop about "poor" qwality capacitors... just avoid non populair brands company's that arent trusted look into their sites go on research dont buy cheap PSU's that arent rated for your kind of use even if it isnt rated for your kinda use it would not be bad fail or catch fire anytime soon -.-

Chinese caps are usually crappier than Taiwanese caps and those are shittier than Japanese caps - Any good quality PSU (tier 2 or 1) will ship with full Japanese caps and large "Japan" logos everywhere. Tier 3 usually have Taiwanese and 4 have mostly chinese. Cap quality is a factor - it's the main reason CX V1 and CX V2 absurd failure rates

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Chinese caps are usually crappier than Taiwanese caps and those are shittier than Japanese caps - Any good quality PSU (tier 2 or 1) will ship with full Japanese caps and large "Japan" logos everywhere. Tier 3 usually have Taiwanese and 4 have mostly chinese. Cap quality is a factor - it's the main reason CX V1 and CX V2 absurd failure rates

Probably the same failure rate as any other normall PSU's.

Probably the same failure rate as any other normall PSU's.

CX V1 and V2 had VERY crappy caps - hence why the main cap got upgraded to a Japanese one in V3 - still meh PSUs tho

CX V1 and V2 had VERY crappy caps - hence why the main cap got upgraded to a Japanese one in V3 - still meh PSUs tho

The CX850M for example is a V3, however, it has really bad coil whine, worse than my other Corsair PSU, the lowest of the low, the VS650. And the VS650 appears to have better voltage regulation as well, which is at odds with the actual components in it.

Edit: I'd also like to note that the VS650 runs cooler under the same load than the CX850M-something probably isn't right with it.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Like litterly anything that has been posted on this thread can be researched specially good brands like Corsair link to their site and they'll explain what series PSU's are made for what kinda work environment your going to trow at.

Dont buy:

Gray PSU's that are cheap from non-trusted company's that dont tell something to you or isnt known you dont even know where they make the PSU's it could be in freakin vietnam thailand or other crappy bisiness country's

Under 80+ efficiently ratings duh who doesnt know about this these days

Non trusted company's

-

And thats it other than that IT will not CATCH FIRE, FAIL, SHORT OUT or any of the said bullshit on the Internet.

He probably used it bad and it isnt ment for it... it even tells CX series on the Corsair website just tell your friends to do research before buying a PSU.

It just Corsair is a very good brand you know they would not make something bad at all they even tell the CX series have PREMIUM qwality features

He has a gtx 960 with an FX-6300. Both weren't overclocked. I have a 550w seasonic and it's running an overclocked i5 and overclocked r9 280. His was 50w more and died with a much less power hungry system.

Ehh CM & most other company's give LONG warranty of 5 years because they know over at China the Work circumstances are terrible & they offer a cheaper price for them or in other words chinese people dont earn that much as Japanese people. 

But yeah mostly because china's has a lot of cheap scam stuff too mostly not for PSU's those caps get checked get inspection at arrival in Europe USA and anywhere else too you know. Just not Asia, China, Japan, Afrika (lol) 

"Failure rates" soo who appartly has tested all these PSU's than? a source? nobody can confirm it...

What failure rates? just dying caps and the PSU stops working its just a bigger lifespan not more not less.

Like i bought 2X GM series of Cooler Master because its an good company for PSU's they offer excellent Warranty & service.

Soo 40-70 EURO's MAX VS EXPENSIVE 100-150 till 180 EURO's and you know i dont live in USA or North America because the deals there are way better than over at Europe or anywhere else..

He has a gtx 960 with an FX-6300. Both weren't overclocked. I have a 550w seasonic and it's running an overclocked i5 and overclocked r9 280. His was 50w more and died with a much less power hungry system.

What brand PSU? how is it rated did he do Research before buying a PSU? was it even a CAP failure... it could be something ELSE.

• 4 weeks later...

The Blacklist one would be much, much longer. It's a huge time saver to just have people ask unfortunately. I'd have to do an explanation for every PSU that I would put on that list... 

It's a good idea but not for me. People are always welcome to ask :)

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/tBY4zy

Uh, any recommendations?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/tBY4zy

Uh, any recommendations?

XFX TS or Antec High Current Gamer

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

What the hell is Tacens? can it catch FIRE short out or EXPLODE? 

http://www.tacens.es/fuentes-de-alimentacion/fuentes/radix-vii-ag/

All I can say from looking at it is it must be old because we retired the 80 PLUS silver rating awhile ago. It looks like it could be decent but for now I would skip it as I can't even find it on my list of many PSU brands.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

All I can say from looking at it is it must be old because we retired the 80 PLUS silver rating awhile ago. It looks like it could be decent but for now I would skip it as I can't even find it on my list of many PSU brands.

Poor 12V rail too...

Wow wait whats wrong with G1 than? 10 year warranty Hardware protection japanese stuff caps and GOLD rated and its in SALE now 30MIR 

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-120g10750xr

FIrst off they don't have a ten-year anymore. They've dialed it back to 7 I believe. Second, they have very poor voltage regulation, being based on a mediocre FSP platform and whatnot. They are a very poor value proposition when you have the GS/GQ/G2 at the same price point.

FIrst off they don't have a ten-year anymore. They've dialed it back to 7 I believe. Second, they have very poor voltage regulation, being based on a mediocre FSP platform and whatnot. They are a very poor value proposition when you have the GS/GQ/G2 at the same price point.

Eh i think this is all BS i even have a worse PSU than this and havent got problem with both CPU & GPU overclocked...

I see 10yrs on their website

Because its 50 dollars now i'd approve it at this stage otherwise ye G2 P2 whatever...

Eh i think this is all BS i even have a worse PSU than this and havent got problem with both CPU & GPU overclocked...

I see 10yrs on their website

Because its 50 dollars now i'd approve it at this stage otherwise ye G2 P2 whatever...

Never said they were a terrible PSU, just not a great one. They're certainly built pretty good, they just don't perform all that well.

Weird, why would they not change it with the GS/G2 which are made better...?

50 dollars isn't bad for that TBH

I am using a delta PSU designed for a core2duo workstation to run a 6950 for folding. It actually seems like overkill. I agree, anything made by delta is friggin rock solid.

Edit: all nippon chemi-con capacitors too. Nice to see a 10 year old PSU run a folding rig without the slightest complains. Not to mention the PC used to be a school's.

I am using a delta PSU designed for a core2duo workstation to run a 6950 for folding. It actually seems like overkill. I agree, anything made by delta is friggin rock solid.

Edit: all nippon chemi-con capacitors too. Nice to see a 10 year old PSU run a folding rig without the slightest complains. Not to mention the PC used to be a school's.

It's probably seen some shit, most likely literally.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Probably. It is HP's buisiness class workstation, the XW4600. Came with a quadro GPU and a soundblaster audiocard. Got like 10 of these machines for a total price of please take them we dont need them anymore.

Also, make sure you add the EVGA Supernova PS series

Probably. It is HP's buisiness class workstation, the XW4600. Came with a quadro GPU and a soundblaster audiocard. Got like 10 of these machines for a total price of please take them we dont need them anymore.

that's a great description of the price tag

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

I am running prime95 and furmark simultaneously and it has no problems running it. 100W more tha F@H, and I still have 175W to spare from the PSU's rating. Holy nutsacks.