Nvidia Shield is awesome and cheap? + you get a PC controller?

Giganizer300PRO

So, I saw many videos and articles on the Nvidia Shield TV, and now that I have seen Luke's review (RIP those who don't have Vessel), I was like "Well this seems awesome. It's probably expensive AF, but let's check anyway" Well guess what, it's a few times cheaper than I thought. I mean, only $200! That's 1/3 or 1/4 of a flagship's price!

Now I'm seriously thinking about getting this puppy.

But can you watch YouTube on it or perhaps even Vessel? 

And can I use the included controller on PC?

I have the shield handheld and I never use it.  waste of money for me.  I wish I had waited for the console, it looks awesome and I would totally use it!  Plus the Tegra X1 is a beast.

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

Wait what sheild?

The sheild TV?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Yes. The SHIELD controller is compatible as a wired controller with a Windows 7 or Windows 8 PC running GeForce Experience. Learn more here including the full system requirements and list of supported features.

Wanted Build: i5 4690K, Z97-A, Vengeance 16GB, Samsung 256GB SSD, 980TI, Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX

Keyboard: Blackwidow Chroma Mouse: G502 Headset: Skullcandy PLYR 2 Phone: Samsung S6 Edge Tablet: iPad 2

Investing in becoming a Logitech fanboi?

And yes, you can watch youtube and vessel.  It runs on Android OS, so it's pretty versatile.

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

• 2 weeks later...

So, I saw many videos and articles on the Nvidia Shield TV, and now that I have seen Luke's review (RIP those who don't have Vessel), I was like "Well this seems awesome. It's probably expensive AF, but let's check anyway" Well guess what, it's a few times cheaper than I thought. I mean, only $200! That's 1/3 or 1/4 of a flagship's price!

Now I'm seriously thinking about getting this puppy.

But can you watch YouTube on it or perhaps even Vessel? 

And can I use the included controller on PC?

I have the Shield TV and the Shield Tablet, for $200 USD is a good price you get a console with a controller that you can actually use on the PC (you must have a Nvidia graphics card and GeForce Experience Software) you get all the features of google chrome with 4k support and also you get to play almost any android games (im playing FF6 on the shield TV using the controller) and also you can use the Nvidia Grid to play PC games on your device (must have good internet access) and you can also stream your PC games to your TV, for $200 USD I think is a good deal

I have the Shield TV and the Shield Tablet, for $200 USD is a good price you get a console with a controller that you can actually use on the PC (you must have a Nvidia graphics card and GeForce Experience Software) you get all the features of google chrome with 4k support and also you get to play almost any android games (im playing FF6 on the shield TV using the controller) and also you can use the Nvidia Grid to play PC games on your device (must have good internet access) and you can also stream your PC games to your TV, for $200 USD I think is a good deal

Yea, you basically just summed up all of the awesomness.

The thing is, it's not really available anywhere else, other than the Nvidia website, UK Amazon and US amazon.

I guess I'm just gonna wait for it to become more available and then reconsider purchasing it.

Thanks giving feedback, I appreciate it a lot. :D

I own shield TV and from my experience, I think shield is not meant for replacing gaming on other hardware like PC. It's a hardware where u can take it further more than just being a TV. Sure u can stream PC games on grid (free for now) but u need fast internet. I think Shield is good for replace old console like psp ps1 and so on. I dont think emulate ps2 is possible

I own shield TV and from my experience, I think shield is not meant for replacing gaming on other hardware like PC. It's a hardware where u can take it further more than just being a TV. Sure u can stream PC games on grid (free for now) but u need fast internet. I think Shield is good for replace old console like psp ps1 and so on. I dont think emulate ps2 is possible

I don't really understand what is so good about andriod TV and apple TV, I mean It feels useless