Read before asking for help

colonel_mortis
17 hours ago, noob at PC said:

i need some help (i74790k, z97x-sli, hyper212 evo, 550w psu evga, wd blue 1tb, corsair spec-01, windows 10) so i was just kind of playing with my cpu oc and i got a stable 4.9ghz with 1.445v on air with like idle 60c so everything was going great then i tried to go for the great 5ghz it went to windows then said it needed to reboot becuase something was wrong and then after the reboot nothing will display i tried to clear the cmos by using a screwdriver as a jumper but all that happens is still just my system turing on and not displaying  

If you start a new topic in this forum, your problem will get a lot more exposure, and people will be able to discuss the problem with you much more easily.

HTTP/2 203

• 4 months later...

im running a gtx 960 from pny and amd fx 8350 non oc my psu is 500 watts my os is 64 bit windows ten and my board is an asus m5 a99fx pro r2.0 and while i was playing battle feeild 1 my computor crashed and said system exeption not hanndled and when i saw that i got so angry because this happened before and to fix it i had to buy this mobo but i dont have the money to get a new one any solutions?

2 minutes ago, Dawnbringer said:

im running a gtx 960 from pny and amd fx 8350 non oc my psu is 500 watts my os is 64 bit windows ten and my board is an asus m5 a99fx pro r2.0 and while i was playing battle feeild 1 my computor crashed and said system exeption not hanndled and when i saw that i got so angry because this happened before and to fix it i had to buy this mobo but i dont have the money to get a new one any solutions?

If you start a new topic in the troubleshooting section, your issue will get more attention, and hopefully people will be able to advise you on what to do.

HTTP/2 203

• 11 months later...

Thank you for this! I just updated my UEFI and I think it fixed my problem. :)

• 2 weeks later...

EDIT: I no longer need help, Ive found the problem!

Well, I find myslef in this situation:

• 1 long, 2 short Indicates a video error has occurred and the BIOS cannot initialize the video screen to display any additional information

But whats funny about this is that this only happens when I unplug the GPU, then when I try to boot it starts beeping, if I plug the GPU and try to boot it just doesnt boot, doesnt POSTs (I dont hear the short beep that its supposed to make when a pc POSTs correctly). I've tryed using the VGA and HDMI ports of the GPU and of the MOBO (with the GPU plugged and unplugged). I dont know what to do :( My conclusion is that the mobo is dead :(:(

What do you guys think?

Thanks for any answer in advance :)

UPDATE: it POSTs with the GPU plugged in but I have no video output, regardless I plug the HDMI to the GPU or the mobo. Regarding with what I said before, the pc not POSTing with the GPU unplugged doesnt make sense imo since IM supposed to be able to use a pc without a GPU, just with the integrated graphics (which it has).

P.D: I've tryed different displays which I know that are working and still output :(

UPDATE2: right now Im testing the gpu in another PC and in a first try to boot the pc just froze at windows session load (right after I typed the pass). I just hitted the power button and it shutdown after half a min. Then in a second try it booted normally and now I got the GPU working well... Seems like I was right with my first conclusion... The mobo is very likely to be dead... Its a proprietary mobo from acer, Ive never trusted proprietary stuff ti be honest, they always fail...

LAST UPDATE: I thought that my cpu had integrated gpu (I didnt check it because I was positive) so thats why all of this was so confusing but I've realized that it doesnt, it doesnt have integrated graphics so thats why I couldnt POST without the gpu plugged in... So yeah, the gpu works in other pc, doesnt works in this one, guess that means 100% the mobo is dead :(

• 1 month later...

Hello, new to the forum, is it ok to ask for networking issues in this area? Thank you

1 minute ago, jacoporicci said:

Hello, new to the forum, is it ok to ask for networking issues in this area? Thank you

If you're having trouble setting up a network, it would be more appropriate in the Networking subfourm, but if you're having problems with your network and you're not sure what the cause is, Troubleshooting is fine.

HTTP/2 203

1 minute ago, colonel_mortis said:

If you're having trouble setting up a network, it would be more appropriate in the Networking subfourm, but if you're having problems with your network and you're not sure what the cause is, Troubleshooting is fine.

Thank you, I was unsure because it's under "Hardware".

Any chance you could make it so when people start a new topic on these forums it flashes a massive banner across their screens asking "HAVE YOU CHECKED EVENTVWR?"

I think this forum would be a lot simpler if they did...

• 11 months later...

This is my first PC build, my build is:

Asus z170 deluxe motherboard

Corsair RM850x PSU

EVGA 1080 GPU

860 EVO M.2 2TB

Corsair H110i CPU cooler

i7 6700K CPU

Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 Ram

Just finished build trying to post however on the motherboard the CPU_LED is Red and the Boot_Device_LED is red too. Q code is 99.

Really new to this and have no idea what to do. 

Appreciate any help. 

11 hours ago, Humza01 said:

This is my first PC build, my build is:

Asus z170 deluxe motherboard

Corsair RM850x PSU

EVGA 1080 GPU

860 EVO M.2 2TB

Corsair H110i CPU cooler

i7 6700K CPU

Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 Ram

Just finished build trying to post however on the motherboard the CPU_LED is Red and the Boot_Device_LED is red too. Q code is 99.

Really new to this and have no idea what to do. 

Appreciate any help. 

If you create a new topic in Troubleshooting, by going to https://linustechtips.com/main/forum/46-troubleshooting/?do=add, people will be able to help you out.

HTTP/2 203

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey guys i am having issue getting into my motherboard bios from the boot up. I have try resetting and missing with the power option, unable to get into the bios, NEED HELP.

i am running windows 10 pro 64/bit

Spec: ryzen 7 1700 on an asrock B450 steel legend atx board with an phantom games rx570 gpu,power by an corsair cx750m psu.

• 1 month later...

Laptop is soo slow.

hi guys i have this notebook from HP and its getting slowwer with the day evry time that i try to open a program or just the start menu on windows it has a "time delay" of 2-5 sec and watchin yt is painfull. i dont think that my hardware is too slow to run windows 10. when i opend up a 10 year old laptop i noticed that it did things way faster than my notebook. i did a windows reset and whiped my SSD (i did not clean my HDD) and i removed most files that maybe slowed my pc and i have set most programs to not start up when i boot my pc. oh and my wifi is not that bad at all.

here are my specs: 

HP ENVY x360 convertible

Windows 10 64bits (preinstalled with notebook)

AMD A12-9700p radeon r7, 10compute cores 4c+6g  2.50GHz

8gb ram (ddr4)

and i have a touch display (2 in 1 pc)

i have 2 drives:

1 main drive: SSD 118 gb

2: HDD 1tb

and there is a drive called recovery but idk what that is XD.

here is a link with more info: https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/968849/hp-envy-x360-15-ar001nb-(azerty-toetsenbord)/specificaties/

you can contact me on discord or here

discord: Badware#5988

i am from Belgium so sorry for my english.

thanks for reading or helping me :)

i hope someone can help me 

image.png

• 1 month later...

Hy fellow readers,

I`m not sure this is the right topic to post this?

But i see a lot of topics about Random restarts of the Pc.

Two weeks ago i unfortunately had the same issue,

after upgrading to a Turing GPU ( i had a GTX 750 Ti).

First I swapped the GPU (gtx 1660 S) to another one and the problem persisted.

Swapped again to an GTX 1660 ti still to no avail.

Then finally i replaced it with an RTX 2060, but as you would guess,

still the same problem.

So after some reading and different trouble shooting i replaced my 80+ gold 650Watt psu

for a tier a 750 watt 80+ gold psu (Corsair RM 750 (2019) ).

but as the issue was now far less it however still prevailed.

I finally found the real culprit .......

in the bios of my gigabyte Z97 mainboard there is an option called DMI gen 2 speed,

for some reason it was set to "auto" .

should be no problem as assumed, but after setting it to enabled all the random restarts are now gone.

just my two cents, ( hope for some with an issue like this it can help) ;) 

DMI speed.JPG

• 2 months later...