Death of Call of Duty?

spyder

Has the hype finally died down for COD? The last time I got excited for playing COD was modern warfare 3 and that was solely for the story line. I have played Ghosts (Boring), never bothered with black ops 2, or advance warfare, might not even buy BO3. Going all futuristic is kind of crap in my opinion, long live COD 4, couldn't give a stuff about the rest. What is your opinion? 

no its hasnt and it will not for a long time. I cease to care either way though

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

It got bad after black ops 2, even I am bored of black ops 2 now and barely play cod

The death of call of duty would require it to become need for speed. Call of duty's sales are still above everything else, there is no foreseeable death of the franchise. 

And by become need for speed I mean no one wants to buy it because it is horrible. 

I remember call of duty world at war. That was good WWII games for some reason interest me 

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

The death of call of duty would require it to become need for speed. Call of duty's sales are still above everything else, there is no foreseeable death of the franchise. 

And by become need for speed I mean no one wants to buy it because it is horrible. 

Seriously? Wow and I thought it was slowly wiping off the face of the planet. 

CoD has kinda died after the release of Ghosts.

Still play some Zombies, but online has gotten terrible. Not excited for BO3 and probably wont get it, unless I upgrade my PC and Zombies is really good

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I still quite enjoy CoD4 and MW2 for PC, BO2 is ok but not as good as I remember it being towards launch.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I stopped playing COD back when BO1 dropped (I played Mw3 and thought it was shit), played it since CoD4. Although I have played COD AW a couple times round a mates, not online just me and them v bots which was actually really fun lol, and I also completed the offline on Advance Warfare which was really fun too, having Kevin Spacey in it was a nice added bonus aha I even got a platinum trophy on AW

I don't think COD is dying any more then it has been, I don't know the sales figures, but Advanced Warfare actually seemed to be received decently well, and I don't see cod dying for a while. 

(Everything I said was on a Ps3/Ps4 btw, no clue how it was on the PC) 

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

On PC, the community is so fucking weak. On console, I'm sure it'll live on.

above everything else ? Mario and GTA have higher sales than Call of duty 

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

tbh i wish battlefield went futurestic. like final stand dlc but set a little more in the future

Holy crap, that would be great.

You can't rate a CoD game if you haven't even played it :P

Eh, I'm hyped for Black Ops 3 probably just for zombies. Black Ops 2 was a pretty damn fun game. AW, meh. Ghosts had an awesome campaign but everything else was shit.

It's not exactly the "death". They can easily make a killer game and boost the sales sometime. I'm not losing hope on them yet.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

I like the COD for the story. I don't find multi player particularly compelling compared to other FPS games.

But I am way too cheap to pay full price just for the story.  COD games need to go below 50% off before I purchase them.

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

On PC, the community is so fucking weak. On console, I'm sure it'll live on.

The guys behind adding features must be running out of ideas by NOW, other than repetitive crap. 

I like the COD for the story. I don't find multi player particularly compelling compared to other FPS games.

But I am way too cheap to pay full price just for the story.  COD games need to go below 50% off before I purchase them.

as a hardcore elitestist of battlefield series. i agree. COD's campaign is SOLID. battlefield is just random bull shit.

CoD MW,MW2 and MW3 are THE best CoD and i still play MW3. BO has a weird feel to it IMO, like the running looks like if you are gliding like a spirit or something. I have Ghosts and AW and they are both boring and AW with the frigging jumping from ground level to mars in a nano second is unrealistic. Now, BO3 looks good then i saw the wall running and turned off the video.

To be honest activision just got caught up with all the hate of CoD games that IMO was generated to get other games off the ground.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

IMO Black Ops 2 was the best recent CoD.

AW was pretty good too. Exo movement was good. Well executed.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

as a hardcore elitestist of battlefield series. i agree. COD's campaign is SOLID. battlefield is just random bull shit.

I have played the campaign in BF4 on veteran quite a few times, I can confirm this.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

The guys behind adding features must be running out of ideas by NOW, other than repetitive crap. 

what makes cod so good on console is that it requires no skill whatsoever. there is no learning curve. it is easy to kill play shoot ect. its a run and gun fast paced shooter. probley the best one ever made for console

Story is always the first thing I have to do, I know others who literally buy it to play and prestige ASAP online without even playing the campaign. I would buy the old titles if steam was to reduce the sales, the only option is G2a but still ridiculous price, you can pick the games on console up for like £2 second hand.