There better be a firepole or

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

FIREPOLE!

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

There better be a firepole or

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I second this 

[ Rig: CPU: 4930K, GPU: EVGA 780TI SC x2, RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Mobo: ASUS P9 X79 LE, Storage: 120GB Samsung EVO + 2TB Seagate Barracuda, PSU: Corsair RM1000 ]

Come on @LinusTech where is the firepole.

You know it's all @Slick fault for us wanting a firepole.

Steve Wozniak - "Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."                                                                                                                                               Carl Sagan - "If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."

Spoiler

CPU: Core i5 6600K Cooling: NH-D14 Motherboard: GA-Z170XP-SLI RAM: 8GB Patriot Graphics: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4G Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda PSU: Threamaltake Smart 750W

My computer runs on MSX, Its very hard to catch.

FIREPOLE

Hey Linus and group! Long-time viewer, first time poster. I've made several posts on your YouTube videos related to your network about possible solutions to your problems and other general tips for good network function; however they seem to have been missed. I would be more than happy to discuss the issues you are having in detail and to help you find a solution. If you are wondering about my knowledge of the topics at hand I am currently a CCNA and am currently achieving my CCNP.

Love what you guys do and more importantly I love networking, so anything I can do to ensure you guys have the best access to your material so you can keep pumping out videos is a massive bonus for me! Let me now if you want to chat, if not, best of luck with the servers and the network. Keep the videos coming and if you feel like appealing to other networking geeks like myself make a dedicated video about your network, the topology (including the technologies you are using), and the addressing.

Edit: PS. If you use any 192.168.X.X addressing you lose all the Nerd Points.

So way back when there was something about testing out a lot of chairs and it seems like the maxnomic won?Maybe im just out of the loop,but it really interests me bc I'm just before buying and dxracer would've been my choice but maybe maxnomic is better? Would be nice to hear about why it won or whats with it.

Also #FIREPOLE

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo:MSI Z87-G43 RAM:Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 1866MHz SSD:Samsung 840 120GB GPU:Gigabyte GTX770 2GB PSU:EVGA NEX650G Case:Fractal Design Define R4 Cooler:Corsair H80i 

Firepole HYPE

--------

ll

ll

ll\o/  "WEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!"

ll  /

ll/\

ll

ll

ll

ll

ll

ll

__ll__

Forget the firepole...

Get a stripper pole!!!!

lol

Can Anybody Link A Virtual Machine while I go download some RAM?

This isn't some passing whim.

People want fire pole content and if you're not going to give it to them, they'll go elsewhere.

I have it on good authority that Tech Report is already running comparative firepole endurance tests, PCPER have livestream scheduled with pole giveaways and Logan's new Zweihander album is mostly him playing a row of metal poles like a xylophone.

Poles are the next big trend in tech after wearables and VR. For your own and your company's sake, get the goddamn pole!

In answer to your networking problem in evolving link aggregation. As I understand it you are trying to get the protocol on both device's  the server and the client you need to set the switch to set up LACP (Link Aggregation Control Protocol) this involves you tell the switch which ports are linked to gather if you are having more that one LACP linked up bare in mind you can't receive full speed of that link if both device's are talking to each other.

For example you are trying to linking four 10Gpbs connections to a switch and doing the same for the client you are not going to get 4GB's speed between the two devices it was not designed for that. But if you have 4 clients with 10Gbps each the throughput can reach the 40Gpbs you looking for.

hope this help if you come across it.   

In answer to your networking problem in evolving link aggregation. As I understand it you are trying to get the protocol on both device's  the server and the client you need to set the switch to set up LACP (Link Aggregation Control Protocol) this involves you tell the switch which ports are linked to gather if you are having more that one LACP linked up bare in mind you can't receive full speed of that link if both device's are talking to each other.

For example you are trying to linking four 10Gpbs connections to a switch and doing the same for the client you are not going to get 4GB's speed between the two devices it was not designed for that. But if you have 4 clients with 10Gbps each the throughput can reach the 40Gpbs you looking for.

hope this help if you come across it.   

Made an account to cover this issue.

Dylan is pretty much correct but to make it a little clearer I thought I would comment.

From the vague description you had in your video it sounds like you are using a 'dumb' switch to try and configure your link aggregation, which is fine, just not idea.

What you are looking for is 'NIC Teaming'. 

Open up 'Server Manager', click on 'Local Server' on the left and then select 'NIC Teaming' under the main properties area.

Under the bottom left windows click on the pulldown menu that says 'Tasks' and click 'new team'.

Name your NIC team something that makes sense and add your network cards to the team.

If you are using a 'dumb' switch you will likely need to go with the 'Switch Independent' mode to get it to work. Great article here on the different modes available: http://blogs.technet.com/b/keithmayer/archive/2012/10/16/nic-teaming-in-windows-server-2012-do-i-need-to-configure-my-switch.aspx

For any of the other modes you will have to look at what Dylan mentioned and go with Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) which is pretty much exclusive to managed switches (afaik).

To make NIC teaming available to your client machines you will likely need to go with some custom software/hardware to get it to work as I don't think it is natively available in win8/8.1 although I don't imagine that you will be able to flood a 10GB NIC on your client machines doing video editing (would love to be proved wrong!).

Hope this helps :P

I WANTED TO HEAR LINUS' BIKE (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Unless you're renting the unit next door as well I don't think you planned enough storage / closet space.
And don't even think about saying off site storage, that doesn't work.
No one ever brings crap there and what ever does somehow manage to make it there might as well not exists because anytime you need something from there you'll just go "Ugh, I don't feel like going there just to grab that".

The only time the phrase "off site storage" should be used is as a code word for the local dump.

I give it 6 months before that conference room becomes a conference closet.

Please, stop begging for likes... YOU GET THEM ALL ANYWAY!

It's not "begging," it's a reminder. And we have seen a significant increase in video interaction since that callout started.

Unless you're renting the unit next door as well I don't think you planned enough storage / closet space.

And don't even think about saying off site storage, that doesn't work.

No one ever brings crap there and what ever does somehow manage to make it there might as well not exists because anytime you need something from there you'll just go "Ugh, I don't feel like going there just to grab that".

The only time the phrase "off site storage" should be used is as a code word for the local dump.

I give it 6 months before that conference room becomes a conference closet.

We're going to have rack storage in the warehouse lol. We'll be fine.

Even at home with things he owns, Linus still throws everything around.  Love it :)

Get a Linus tech tips branded fire pole, and you could start selling them

The weird kid in the corner eating glue
“People think that I must be a very strange person. This is not correct. I have the heart of a small boy. It is in a glass jar on my desk.” - Stephen King

It's not "begging," it's a reminder. And we have seen a significant increase in video interaction since that callout started.

We're going to have rack storage in the warehouse lol. We'll be fine.

It's been going for ages now though..

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

It's been going for ages now though..

Wut. We started that callout less than a month ago LOL.

I don't think I've ever bothered pressing the "like button" on any video ever on the YouTubes.

Maybe you guys should say how and why it helps you out, or something. Or make a fast as possible.