LG 34UM67

bnjmnhns

If you own this monitor what has been you experience with it so far?

thinking of getting one and im really looking forward to it!

CPU: i7 4790k, GPU: ASUS Strix 980 ti, Motherboard: z97x-UD5H-BK , RAM: 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws X 2133 Mhz, CPU Cooler: NH-D15, PSU: EVGA GS 850w 80+ Gold, Case: Fractal Design R5, Storage: Samsung 850 evo 250gb and WD black 1tb, Peripherals: Deathadder 2013 and G710+, Monitor: LG 29UM67.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone got one of these LG 34um67 yet as there not much info around.

If so some feed back would help me out as I'm trying to decide if it's worth getting the LG or spending lots more and what's the best card to suit.

Would you run a r390 or r390x and cap the frame rate to 75hz to stay with in the freesync range. As it should never drop below the 48mz freesync low range.

Does my thinking sound right?

well i dont got the 34um67 but i got a 29ea73. so i can tell you a little about the resolution.

my 290 is fighting hard to stay above 60 at 2560*1080. i cant run games like project cars, bf4 or ark on the highest settings. you could grab a 390 no problem but a 390x would be better.

and i would suggest grabbing a 34um57 since the only differences are the brightness and the stand. and at least in germany the thing is a lot cheaper.

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

well i dont got the 34um67 but i got a 29ea73. so i can tell you a little about the resolution.

my 290 is fighting hard to stay above 60 at 2560*1080. i cant run games like project cars, bf4 or ark on the highest settings. you could grab a 390 no problem but a 390x would be better.

Chris do you set your gpu to not go over the 75hz?

If not what happens to freesync if you go over it. if I was to using the R390X for example.

Chris do you set your gpu to not go over the 75hz?

If not what happens to freesync if you go over it. if I was to using the R390X for example.

well i dont have freesync so it wouldnt make sense but i heard in reviews that its better to cap the framerate at 75. otherwise you will get tearing.

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

well i dont have freesync so it wouldnt make sense but i heard in reviews that its better to cap the framerate at 75. otherwise you will get tearing.

You`ll get EITHER tearing OR stutter ALWAYS. 

The ONLY way to get rid of BOTH is to have a working gsync or freesync loop.

You`ll get EITHER tearing OR stutter ALWAYS.

The ONLY way to get rid of BOTH is to have a working gsync or freesync loop.

well stutter is not a problem at 75fps but as i said tearing is. the solution to this is to cap the framerate and close the loop.

considering you can go as deep 48fps i would say a 390 is basically enough. i personally would still go for 390x just to be sure.