OnePlus 2 - 4GB of LP-DDR4 RAM

Aniallation

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/oneplus-2-ram-lpddr4.320477/

To continue the recent slur of OnePlus 2 specs being confirmed, OnePlus confirmed today the headset will have 4GB of RAM, matching the Zenfone 2 in ludicrous capacity, and having it in DDR4 vs Asus's DDR3.

The RAM inside the OnePlus 2 is the latest and greatest on the market: LPDDR4. Your RAM is what handles your device’s short-term actions, like apps that are currently running or those in the background. With LPDDR4, you’ll see faster loading times, smoother gameplay, and never-before-seen energy saving features.

All in all, LPDDR4 on the OnePlus 2 allows an even better user experience when using features such as slow-motion video, face recognition, and low-latency gaming--features that typically use a lot of bandwidth and can cause heavy lagging. Not only will the experience on the OnePlus 2 be smoother and sleeker, but your battery life will benefit as well.

Oh, by the way…did we mention we are packing in a whopping 4GB of LPDDR4 RAM? That’s more than, well, anyone else. Unlike 32-bit processors that can only utilize up to 3GB of RAM, our 64-bit Snapdragon 810 processor uses all 4GB to its maximum potential.

gsmarena_001.jpg

Why did we choose LPDDR4 for the OnePlus 2? Another notable benefit is lower power consumption for better battery efficiency. That means you’ll be able to use your favorite apps (and more) without draining the battery. With LPDDR4, you get twice the bandwidth performance as the LPDDR3 at the same power consumption profile. The RAM of the OnePlus 2 uses a lower operating voltage than its predecessor, decreasing from 1.2V to 1.1V. And with speeds up to 32 GB/s, it is also twice as fast as the LPDDR3. It offers optimal support for power-saving low frequency mode that brings clock speeds down when performing those everyday and necessary tasks.

"Rawr XD"

This is really starting to look like a really nice Product, just need to know the price. 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I love how iphones can get away with 1/4th of that and yet it's still a smoother experience. 

*hides from android fanboys*

In all fairness it could use more, and while not affecting much perhaps it could allow for an even better experience. 

One plus Two can talk specs all day but if it doesn't look good and function well it won't be popular not to mention the invite system....

Lets see some pictures!!!!

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Yay more RAM to be leaked by lolipop! Seriously though that is overkill at best.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

dont you mean 3.5gb 

/kappa

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

I love how iphones can get away with 1/4th of that and yet it's still a smoother experience. 

Try to open more than one tab and see what happens. Not that i care in smartphone though.

Pascal laptops guide

Try to open more than one tab and see what happens. Not that i care in smartphone though.

I can keep 4 open and be fine, but maybe I'm special.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

In all fairness it could use more. 

Just wanted to see peoples reaction. My dads Iphone 6 has crashed from simply too many things being open. so yes, it could use more. 

and androids can do a hell of a lot more. I can screw up a whole wifi network with my android, I could listen for passwords all day long on that wifi. hell, I can put a diffrent OS on it if I wanted. 

so android have that, but if you use a phone for phone stuff, iphones a hella lot smoother. that's why I use both lol. 

In all fairness it could use more, and while not affecting much perhaps it could allow for an even better experience. 

And android in general can use more optimization, which probably isn't going to happen since it's so damn fragmented. Which, like anything, is a double edged sword. Apple optimizes to the fucking extreme, which is why a dual core phone with 1 gig of ram can keep up and beat some 4 or 8 core phones with 2 or 3 gigs of ram, but you're stuck with Apple's vision on how things are.

Ensure a job for life: https://github.com/Droogans/unmaintainable-code

Actual comment I found in legacy code: // WARNING! SQL injection here!

my galaxy s4 has 2 gigs of ram I believe. I had 99 chrome tabs open. come at me.

Iphone 5 wrecks my galaxy when it comes to browsing smoothness though

my galaxy s4 has 2 gigs of ram I believe. I had 99 chrome tabs open. come at me.

Iphone 5 wrecks my galaxy when it comes to browsing smoothness though

But are they even loaded in the RAM?

Pascal laptops guide

I keep atleast 10 open usually at all times with word and all the stuff on my ipad mini 3 no problems with almost no slowdowns. it's got 1gb too i believe.

Just wanted to see peoples reaction. My dads Iphone 6 has crashed from simply too many things being open. so yes, it could use more. 

and androids can do a hell of a lot more. I can screw up a whole wifi network with my android, I could listen for passwords all day long on that wifi. hell, I can put a diffrent OS on it if I wanted. 

so android have that, but if you use a phone for phone stuff, iphones a hella lot smoother. that's why I use both lol. 

Forget iphones, ipad's really beat out android tablets in most situations. the problem is Apple's ecosystem for other product are too directed to the iphone like the watch would be amazing to have work with an ipad. 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

But are they even loaded in the RAM?

most likely not. its just funny because I crashed a school computer that had 16 gigs of ram simply by opening enough chrome tabs. 

theres the running joke about chrome and ram usage so. I mean its possible the pages you refreshed are

And android in general can use more optimization, which probably isn't going to happen since it's so damn fragmented. Which, like anything, is a double edged sword. Apple optimizes to the fucking extreme, which is why a dual core phone with 1 gig of ram can keep up and beat some 4 or 8 core phones with 2 or 3 gigs of ram, but you're stuck with Apple's vision on how things are.

I have no problems with my iphone 6+, its smooth runs good and for my uses I can't notice any difference but I'm sure if they added more juice they would find a way to use it and it would hopefully improve multitasking, and even though its may not need it, it would be nice to see them add it anyway given the price of these things.... 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

I keep atleast 10 open usually at all times with word and all the stuff on my ipad mini 3 no problems with almost no slowdowns. it's got 1gb too i believe.

Forget iphones, ipad's really beat out android tablets in most situations. the problem is Apple's ecosystem for other product are too directed to the iphone like the watch would be amazing to have work with an ipad. 

ipads shine really. and hold their value like CRAZY. and my android tablet thats a year old freezes and chunks up whenever it wants, and its a samsung, so was like 200$ I believe. no excuse for freezing at the main screen

My iPad 4 somethimes holds something like 4 at times but my iPhone 6 from some reason refuses to load more than 2 or even 1 at times.

Pascal laptops guide

My iPad 4 somethimes holds something like 4 at times but my iPhone 6 from some reason refuses to load more than 2 or even 1 at times.

iPads are better designed for multitasking, which is why in the iPad Air 2 they bumped RAM up to 2GB for the first time in an iDevice.

"Rawr XD"

iPads are better designed for multitasking, which is why in the iPad Air 2 they bumped RAM up to 2GB for the first time in an iDevice.

But they have the same exact ram. Both are at 1GB.

Pascal laptops guide

But they have the same exact ram. Both are at 1GB.

I know but the iPhone 6 is at 1GB while the respective iPad Air 2 is 2GB. So not only is the software better optimized for multitasking but Apple is pushing forward the hardware to further improve multitasking on the iPad.

"Rawr XD"

I know but the iPhone 6 is at 1GB while the respective iPad Air 2 is 2GB. So not only is the software better optimized for multitasking but Apple is pushing forward the hardware to further improve multitasking on the iPad.

I'm talking about my iPad 4. It seems to hold more tabs than my iPhone 6 even with the same ram.

Pascal laptops guide

I'm talking about my iPad 4. It seems to hold more tabs than my iPhone 6 even with the same ram.

I know. As I said if Apple is willing to start pushing forward better multitasking ability on the iPad from a hardware perspective (more RAM, which they usually are not huge advocates for) then there's no reason to see why they haven't been doing from a software perspective for a while now.

"Rawr XD"

Smoothly slow, limiting and unproductive...

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Smoothly slow, limiting and unproductive...

I can do literally any task faster on a Iphone that I have like a week of experience with then my stock samsung tablet or my rooted s4 that I tailored to be lighter and quicker lol.