Linus asking for likes and dislikes

spartaman64

I dont understand why people are so angry when linus saids like the video if you liked it and dislike if you dont like it. That is not begging for likes thats reminding people to rate the video so he knows if it was interesting and if he should make more of those kinds of videos. And btw to the people saying linus makes money off of likes you do not know how youtube monetization works linus earns money off of ads not how many people liked the video. And now linus is just saying please like the video instead of his usual like or dislike as a joke and people in the comments are going crazy. Also for linus's like if you want us to make a video and people saying *snort* its already on vessel *snort* vessel has a like system also 

And even if he is doing this purely for his benefit he is making free content for you guys so why couldnt he ask for something as small as a like in return

In my opinoin likes and dislikes should be reserved for critcal reception only.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

I dont understand why people are so angry when linus saids like the video if you liked it and dislike if you dont like it. That is not begging for likes thats reminding people to rate the video so he knows if it was interesting and if he should make more of those kinds of videos. And btw to the people saying linus makes money off of likes you do not know how youtube monetization works linus earns money off of ads not how many people liked the video. And now linus is just saying please like the video instead of his usual like or dislike as a joke and people in the comments are going crazy. Also for linus's like if you want us to make a video and people saying *snort* its already on vessel *snort* vessel has a like system also 

There is no point in him asking for likes, for him to release a video WHICH HE WILL RELEASE ANYWAYS. It is pointless.

Also, i dont "like" any of Linus's videos. Why? Because my Youtube like playlist is reserved for music. Because it is easy to press like and just have it there.

CPU i7-9700K @ 5 GHz Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F RAM Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (4x8) 3000 MHz GPU ASUS RTX 2080 ROG Strix OC x2 SLI Case Corsair Graphite 780T Storage 256 GB Samsung 860 EVO, 6 TB Seagate Barracuda PSU Corsair HX1200i, 1200W Display(s) ASUS PG279Q (1440p 165 Hz), ASUS VG248QE (1080p 144 Hz) Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 radiator Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Logitech G502 Sound Logitech G35 Operating System Windows 10

Vessel doesn't have a dislike button though

The weird kid in the corner eating glue
“People think that I must be a very strange person. This is not correct. I have the heart of a small boy. It is in a glass jar on my desk.” - Stephen King

which is why he only says like if you are interested

I think there's a heart icon but Vessel doesn't really care to tell what it's for.

he asks for it as "voting" but in reality any vote is a good thing. a million dislikes will put a video as high in the que for searches as one with a million likes

There is no point in him asking for likes, for him to release a video WHICH HE WILL RELEASE ANYWAYS. It is pointless.

Also, i dont "like" any of Linus's videos. Why? Because my Youtube like playlist is reserved for music. Because it is easy to press like and just have it there.

People bothering to respond of leave feedback on his videos probably factors in when they make a rate for his ad revenue 

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

People bothering to respond of leave feedback on his videos probably factors in when they make a rate for his ad revenue 

it factors into how high on the list youtube puts his videos when you search but dislikes puts it just as high as likes

It's all gotta do with revenue & video placement when people search relating to that topic, they want to be near the top or top of that search so people watch their video & gain them more $$ which makes sense since they're running a business.

Also I have no issues with Linus, Luke, Taran whoever is hosting the video asking for likes/dislikes or even saying 'like this video if you want to see x', since I like basically every video they have put out that I watch. It's for the most part great & enjoyable content.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

:huh: liked videos go into a playlist? I thought it was only watched videos

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

:huh: liked videos go into a playlist? I thought it was only watched videos

Nope, liked videos definitly go into a playlist :P Although i havent used it in quite a while, for that purpose.. Maybe i should reconsided what i do with it.

CPU i7-9700K @ 5 GHz Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F RAM Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (4x8) 3000 MHz GPU ASUS RTX 2080 ROG Strix OC x2 SLI Case Corsair Graphite 780T Storage 256 GB Samsung 860 EVO, 6 TB Seagate Barracuda PSU Corsair HX1200i, 1200W Display(s) ASUS PG279Q (1440p 165 Hz), ASUS VG248QE (1080p 144 Hz) Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 radiator Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Logitech G502 Sound Logitech G35 Operating System Windows 10

1ecc23c55974b23c31bb9c1f1f29ba4f.jpg

But yeah I get what you are saying, saw that retard comment today on youtube.

People are stupid and complain about everything

People are stupid and complain about everything

Stop being angry because we are melting your home little armed penguin.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

I don't care if he asks for them, just don't say "smack/smash that like button!!!!!!!!!" just say "click the like button" =_=

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Stop being angry because we are melting your home little armed penguin.

Thanks for proving my point [emoji1]

It's all gotta do with revenue & video placement when people search relating to that topic, they want to be near the top or top of that search so people watch their video & gain them more $$ which makes sense since they're running a business.

Also I have no issues with Linus, Luke, Taran whoever is hosting the video asking for likes/dislikes or even saying 'like this video if you want to see x', since I like basically every video they have put out that I watch. It's for the most part great & enjoyable content.

disliking the video which many people are doing just because linus said that also helps the video to be near the top