Stability needed.

Building a pc an http://pcpartpicker.com/p/npbGgs it will be in a moving vehicle most of its life. Wanted some recommendations on keeping it from rattling to death.

Ideas so far include strapping it to a board that sits atop anti-vibration pads/memory foam/etc. Then velcroing the pad/foam to the surface it's going to be sitting on. Will be mounting the board in horizontally for more stability.

Thanks 4 your tech tips.

those should do nicely. You dont have a mechanical drive and the fans wont be bothered by the bumps so you should be good.

where's the GPU?

Also you should be fine

Because he had a hard drive.

Could you fit a Raijintek Themis in there for a CPU cooler, instead?

The biggest  BURNOUT  fanboy on this forum.

And probably the world.

where's the GPU?

Also you should be fine

It's the 980ti G1. Most expensive thing on the list. Thanks.

Building a pc an http://pcpartpicker.com/p/npbGgs it will be in a moving vehicle most of its life. Wanted some recommendations on keeping it from rattling to death.

Ideas so far include strapping it to a board that sits atop anti-vibration pads/memory foam/etc. Then velcroing the pad/foam to the surface it's going to be sitting on. Will be mounting the board in horizontally for more stability.

Thanks 4 your tech tips.

Could you fit a Raijintek Themis in there for a CPU cooler, instead?

Possibly but my cooler is more popular and rated than the themis is. (is)

Possibly but my cooler is more popular and rated than the themis is. (is)

Preferably, get a low profile cooler instead of a tower. Even if its light and small, that cooler is supported by 4 very flimsy heatpipes and two metal pegs which would probably snap from a hard brake.

Also, GPU is the biggest concern, if it can't support itself stationary (GPU sag), what makes you think it'll be fine in a car. Even mounting the mobo sideways isnt going to help. The sudden changes of speed are going to rip that GPU right off and probably the PCI slot with it.

I recommend a low profile cooler with a mini form factor GPU. For mobile builds in your case (guessing an RV?), I would go as far as just getting an APU and not having a dedicated GPU altogether or simply a Laptop, but seeing your choice of parts, you are dead set on gaming.

Maybe get a gpu support? Not worried about the cooler thet much but probably safer to get a lp one

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Maybe get a gpu support? Not worried about the cooler thet much but probably safer to get a lp one

though he is mounting it horizontally so a gpu support wouldnt work (unless they make ones for horizontal cases)

I would probably make a custom support mounted to the case directly out of wood or something if you are dead set on a long GPU.

Not rv, semi truck. Which low profile cooler would you suggest?

Preferably, get a low profile cooler instead of a tower. Even if its light and small, that cooler is supported by 4 very flimsy heatpipes and two metal pegs which would probably snap from a hard brake.

Also, GPU is the biggest concern, if it can't support itself stationary (GPU sag), what makes you think it'll be fine in a car. Even mounting the mobo sideways isnt going to help. The sudden changes of speed are going to rip that GPU right off and probably the PCI slot with it.

I recommend a low profile cooler with a mini form factor GPU. For mobile builds in your case (guessing an RV?), I would go as far as just getting an APU and not having a dedicated GPU altogether or simply a Laptop, but seeing your choice of parts, you are dead set on gaming.

Not rv, semi truck. Which low profile cpu would you suggest I consider?

L9I is a really good one

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Not rv, semi truck. Which low profile cpu would you suggest I consider?

Noctua do make some nice low profile cpu coolers, don't have a specific one in mind though.