1440p Monitor required.

JMJenkins

Now I was originally planning on getting a Acer XB270HU but when I finally get to the point of buying the whole new PC and monitor, I would like to know my choices if the money gods are not pleased enough at the time of purchase, considering that the XB270HU is $800. What other good monitor options do I have at 1440p, as for the GPU it's a single Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1.

Do note that I'm coming from 1080p/60fps (If I'm freakin' lucky), off an old ATI HD 5770 which has performed beautifully for the past several years.

Now I was originally planning on getting a Acer XB270HU but when I finally get to the point of buying the whole new PC and monitor, I would like to know my choices if the money gods are not pleased enough at the time of purchase, considering that the XB270HU is $800. What other good monitor options do I have at 1440p, as for the GPU it's a single Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1.

Do note that I'm coming from 1080p/60fps (If I'm freakin' lucky), off an old ATI HD 5770 which has performed beautifully for the past several years.

I recently got an LG 34UM95 which is an amazing Display, but it's ultra wide.

21:9

3440x1440p

AH-IPS

60Hz

Those displays are not for everyone, but I really enjoy it.

The only negative point about it is, that it is really expensive.

I recently got an LG 34UM95 which is an amazing Display, but it's ultra wide.

21:9

3440x1440p

AH-IPS

60Hz

Those displays are not for everyone, but I really enjoy it.

The only negative point about it is, that it is really expensive.

Pfff *food splatters over screen*, thats almost exactly the same price as the Acer XB270HU which features 1440p, IPS with 5ms GTG, G-Sync and 144hz all at 27inches

You are crazy O.o

Pfff *food splatters over screen*, thats almost exactly the same price as the Acer XB270HU which features 1440p, IPS with 5ms GTG, G-Sync and 144hz all at 27inches

You are crazy O.o

I got it at a lower price from Amazon, cause it is slightly damaged. Some scratches on the back side, which I can not see anyway :P

But srsly, the Acer has only the benefit of a higher refresh rate and G-Sync.

The LG display has 99% sRGB accuracy, a higher resolution and a better panel and is of course much larger.

Anyways, here are some other options for you:

Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

• 1440p
  • 16:9
  • TN
  • 144 Hz
  • G Sync
  • 1ms

Acer Predator XG270HU

• 1440p
  • TN
  • 144 Hz
  • Free Sync
  • 1ms

ASUS MX27AQ

• 1440p
  • IPS
  • 60Hz
  • 5ms

ASUS MG279Q

• 1440p
  • IPS
  • 144Hz
  • 4ms
  • Free Sync

Do note you can play 4k pretty smoothly on a GTX 980ti (Around 40 - 80 fps)

"We will build a firewall, the firewall will work, the firewall will be successful and if you don't think firewalls work all you have to do is ask Yahoo" 

I understand that, but a 4k monitor would be even more than a 1440p monitor, point is, I'm not trying to get a larger than 1440p monitor, I'm trying to find decent monitors at 1440p that's less than $800 in case I cannot afford the Acer XB270HU, if I can, I'll be more than happy to get it.