Best G-Sync Monitor?

Hi guys,

I am thinking of buying a monitor for my gaming PC I have been using my tv for the last 2 month since I put the system together. I have been looking at the Asus ROG Swift but am unsure if there is any better alternatives.

My Build - http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/F9q7FT

What would the best G-Sync monitor be? 

acer x34

acer xb280hk. for me personally I'd rather have a high resolution than a high refresh rate.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

Acer XB270HU features 2560x1440 resolution, 144Hz, an IPS panel, and G-SYNC. It's JUST like the Swift but with a better panel for colors. It's pretty much the same price range but is better!

But as mentioned from Badger; If you prefer higher resolution (therefore 4k) then Acer XB280hk would be better if you can run it. Just keep in mind that it's a TN-panel, which is OBVIOUSLY worse than TN.

About the Swift.. The monitor itself is amazing and the quality is outstanding considering its TN-panel. BUT it is known for having alot of problems and such, I would recommend looking into that if you end up choosing this screen. I'm talking from experience btw, I had to send it in for repairs 3 times before deciding to change monitor ENTIRELY.

I'm on an Asus PB287Q, it's 4K and 60Hz! It's not the best GAMING montor, bur I don't play alot of FPS games so I don't need the high refresh rates. I can strongly recommend it though, but if you're after G Sync 4K you should go for Acer XB280hk.

acer x34

You going to get the ACER X34 or the ASUS 3800R

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

Acer XB270HU features 2560x1440 resolution, 144Hz, an IPS panel, and G-SYNC. It's JUST like the Swift but with a better panel for colors. It's pretty much the same price range but is better!

But as mentioned from Badger; If you prefer higher resolution (therefore 4k) then Acer XB280hk would be better if you can run it. Just keep in mind that it's a TN-panel, which is OBVIOUSLY worse than TN.

About the Swift.. The monitor itself is amazing and the quality is outstanding considering its TN-panel. BUT it is known for having alot of problems and such, I would recommend looking into that if you end up choosing this screen. I'm talking from experience btw, I had to send it in for repairs 3 times before deciding to change monitor ENTIRELY.

I'm on an Asus PB287Q, it's 4K and 60Hz! It's not the best GAMING montor, bur I don't play alot of FPS games so I don't need the high refresh rates. I can strongly recommend it though, but if you're after G Sync 4K you should go for Acer XB280hk.

4K is overhyped, 1440P 144hz gives you better experience. I still wait on the day that we don't have to choose between the two;

- 240hz

- OLED

- 32 INCH

- G-Sync + Freesync

- 500$ 

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

You going to get the ACER X34 or the ASUS 3800R

If acer turns out to be 100hz as they promise, obviously its the clear choice.

If they both are with equal specs, then the cheapest one.

4K is overhyped, 1440P 144hz gives you better experience. I still wait on the day that we don't have to choose between the two;

- 240hz

- OLED

- 32 INCH

- G-Sync + Freesync

- 500$ 

Ha.

I`ll be a while. 

Also, 32" 16:9 is shit. 43" 21:9 is where its at.

So it looks like from your guys opinion, Acer so far has the best 1440p monitors for GSYNC? is what im guessing?

because I play a variety of game genres.

like for FPS games, is it better to have a higher resolution with gsync or 24inch with gsync? cause acer does have a 24inch monitor with gsync as well.

Ha.

I`ll be a while. 

Also, 32" 16:9 is shit. 43" 21:9 is where its at.

No 21:9 is shit, 48:9 master race!

Or just a VR headset which is way cheaper and more immersive then a 800$ monitor  ;)

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

So it looks like from your guys opinion, Acer so far has the best 1440p monitors for GSYNC? is what im guessing?

because I play a variety of game genres.

like for FPS games, is it better to have a higher resolution with gsync or 24inch with gsync? cause acer does have a 24inch monitor with gsync as well.

Try to get the ACER one second hand, I got it for 390 instead of 799 because of some death pixels ;)

And yes from a shop, with 22 months warranty.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Try to get the ACER one second hand, I got it for 390 instead of 799 because of some death pixels ;)

hmm interesting.

No 21:9 is shit, 48:9 master race!

Or just a VR headset which is way cheaper and more immersive then a 800$ monitor  ;)

Im not Chinese...

Also, VR will be nice for SOME, SPECIFIC games... it wont be a monitor replacement in imagination, just a niche toy ...

A really fun toy, but still just an add on - same way a sound card is awesome to have but its an addon you can do without.

Im not Chinese...

Also, VR will be nice for SOME, SPECIFIC games... it wont be a monitor replacement in imagination, just a niche toy ...

A really fun toy, but still just an add on - same way a sound card is awesome to have but its an addon you can do without.

Lol, you obviously never used VR did you? Also the VR headsets have OLED displays, would use those over IPS even for desktop use  :P

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Lol, you obviously never used VR did you? Also the VR headsets have OLED displays, would use those over IPS even for desktop use  :P

I dare you to browse the net, do excel or word on VR.

Which Acer one did you get?

Which Acer one did you get?

Acer XB270HU

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU