Why are drug users almost always very thin?

- Of meth I heard it suppresses the appetite, so this would make sense I suppose.... but also read that it makes them crave more sugary foods?

- Heroine? What's the deal with heroine?

- Weed..... a lot of my friends use it, some very occasionally, some all the time. It makes you more hungry (or can) so you should be fatter right? (after a while of use)

well thats pushing stereotypes. I know a very large pot smoker.

Most likely they dont eat as much overall because of said addictions. 

well thats pushing stereotypes. I know a very large pot smoker.

Most likely they dont eat as much overall because of said addictions. 

Well okay, maybe weed wasn't a good one :P

It should make you fatter on average I suppose.

- Of meth I heard it suppresses the appetite, so this would make sense I suppose.... but also read that it makes them crave more sugary foods?

- Heroine? What's the deal with heroine?

- Weed..... a lot of my friends use it, some very occasionally, some all the time. It makes you more hungry (or can) so you should be fatter right? (after a while of use)

Sugar users aren't often thin.

They spend so much on drugs, they dont have money left for food 

/jk

Don't know. Maybe it speeds up metabolism? 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Sugar users aren't often thin.

Not sure if that is true mind you, just read that if they eat they crave more sugary foods. (root beer for example, candy) This is concerning meth users I mean.

Because drugs are terrible for your health and it shows. Weed isn't that strong, but it's not good for you either.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

They spend so much on drugs, they dont have money left for food 

/jk

Don't know. Maybe it speeds up metabolism? 

Not even a bad answer for a joke :P

Well okay, maybe weed wasn't a good one :P

It should make you fatter on average I suppose.

I believe weed gives you munchies, aka "vreet-buien"

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Well... drugs are expensive... and if the police see you taking them, you gonna run... like a lot... so... yeah... also changes your metabolism so it also "helps"

I'm from Spain so English is not my main language but I'm trying to make my best not writing any typo.

I believe weed gives you munchies, aka "vreet-buien"

Yes, they do. Or so my friends tell me.

more money spent on drugs = less money for food = thin drug users

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Marijuana doesn't make you thin. lmao.

You have a stereotype of a scab covered skinny as fuck junkie.

If anything pot makes you overweight. The munchies man. Easiest way to smash down 15 tubes of pringles in 2 hours. True story.

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

Well, SOME drugs can affect serotonin levels which can as a result cause a loss in appetite.. I'm guessing you don't really notice it, and it just becomes your lifestyle to eat less and less. 

But, i'm not a doctor nor have i ever taken drugs, so i'm not sure. 

well, with a lot of drugs it surpresses your appetite. drugs like XTC, MDMA, PMMA, pep, sos, cocaine, they all surpress appetite.

tough i sometimes use drugs on music festivals, i'm not overly thin or anything. it's all in the moderation of the drug use.

Marijuana doesn't make you thin. lmao.

You have a stereotype of a scab covered skinny as fuck junkie.

Well yeah, but the weed users don't look like those skinny junkies. :P I rarely see a fat weed user though.

A friend of mine that smokes weed is a major fatty. When he doesn't smoke he looses weight, I guess it's due to the stress from not smoking? I'm not an expert on this. :D
It's kind of a stereotype I guess. Usually the heavy drug users are thin because they wreck their bodies from such substances or something. :D

Well yeah, but the weed users don't look like those skinny junkies. :P I rarely see a fat weed user though.

Your point being? I haven't seen a blue elephant.

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

There is no point, it's a question. Why are they often thinner? And that blue elephant comment...I have....

Because drugs are terrible for your health and it shows. Weed isn't that strong, but it's not good for you either.

THat's debatable. Brain wise, it can slow it down a bit, but apart from that, there's a crap ton of medical benefits.

There is no point, it's a question. Why are they often thinner? 

They aren't though. Marijuana doesn't directly make you overweight or underweight.

My school is full of massive stoners.

Not sure if that is true mind you, just read that if they eat they crave more sugary foods. (root beer for example, candy) This is concerning meth users I mean.

Oh, sorry, I didn't mean meth users. Sugar addicts are the fattest tubs of lard you'll ever meet. 

See my profile pic please, thanks.

They aren't though. Marijuana doesn't directly make you overweight or underweight.

My school is full of massive stoners.

Huh... only weed users I know are all rail thin. (or well 1 normal weight one but...)

Oh, sorry, I didn't mean meth users. Sugar addicts are the fattest tubs of lard you'll ever meet. 

You're talking about fat people then, duh.  :mellow: