Any LG G4 owners here?

D13H4RD

Hey there?

Is there anyone else who owns the LG G4 here? Because I've got 3 questions.

1) How's your average battery life?

2) Does the camera's 3-axis OIS give a slight 'Jell-O like effect" where the video wobbles a bit?

3) How's overall performance?

Mine has been holding up really well so far. The black leather back is actually pretty durable and my phone hasn't lagged yet, and battery life is better than my last phone. The OIS works great but I did notice a slight wobbling effect that's hard to see but it's there if you look very closely, but it doesn't really bother me.

Still my favorite phone of the year and the best I've ever used.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

Hey there?

Is there anyone else who owns the LG G4 here? Because I've got 3 questions.

1) How's your average battery life?

2) Does the camera's 3-axis OIS give a slight 'Jell-O like effect" where the video wobbles a bit?

3) How's overall performance?

Mine has been holding up really well so far. The black leather back is actually pretty durable and my phone hasn't lagged yet, and battery life is better than my last phone. The OIS works great but I did notice a slight wobbling effect that's hard to see but it's there if you look very closely, but it doesn't really bother me.

Still my favorite phone of the year and the best I've ever used.

I was going to get that phone, but the size I can't really grip that well. And with me adding a case on everything I own, it just wouldn't feel very comfortable. 

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

I was going to get that phone, but the size I can't really grip that well. And with me adding a case on everything I own, it just wouldn't feel very comfortable. 

Yeah, the phone is pretty big. It's pretty compact for such a big phone, but I feel like people with smaller hands just find it a bit too wide.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

Charging is terribly slow with the screen on for me 65% charge in 6hrs on my bed. Ive heard that it slows down charging when screen is on and also because of battery temperature. this is with a Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 charger and the stock cable, so the fast charging is possible, just not using the full 3amps for whatever reason.

Charges pretty fast with screen off though, but I use my phone as GPS and I still want it to charge super fast in the car:(

I will try mounting my phone on my air vent in the car, maybe that will help it charge faster.

Energy can not be created nor destroyed, just converted to a different Type of energy.
My blog: T3Krant.blogspot.com

Average battery life is great for me, I can get through a whole day, I usually keep it at 90 or 100% most of the day until late night, when I prefer it at 60%ish.

I do notice the OIS wobbly effect, but like you said It doesn't really bother me.

So far I've noticed to lag at all, and if anything I just noticed a slight frame drop for 1 second this morning when playing goat simulator ( I was bored )

I have the plastic black version, though I should be getting a leather cover soon for it. And honestly the size for me is fine, I can actually rather want a bigger screen IMO.

Intel i5-6600k (Cooled by a 212 evo) - Asus Z170-A - Asus Dual OC GTX 1060 - NZXT S340 - WD 1TB (Getting SSD this month, hopefully) - 8GB DDR4-2400

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

Average battery life is great for me, I can get through a whole day, I usually keep it at 90 or 100% most of the day until late night, when I prefer it at 60%ish.

I do notice the OIS wobbly effect, but like you said It doesn't really bother me.

So far I've noticed to lag at all, and if anything I just noticed a slight frame drop for 1 second this morning when playing goat simulator ( I was bored )

I have the plastic black version, though I should be getting a leather cover soon for it. And honestly the size for me is fine, I can actually rather want a bigger screen IMO.

I had a full-day of use with LTE turned on for nearly the entire day.

4 hours, 15 minutes of SOT before the phone really needed a charger.

Now, that doesn't look too impressive, but honestly, considering that it lasted for the whole day based on that usage, I'd say it's alright.