Can someone tell me what this is?

TheMrBeb

a mac pro mod?

-snip-

That is the thing Linus' 5960X came in. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

mac pro in ltt LOL no

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: A mac pro mod he says, that monstrosity  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: .....i for one do not care for mac products but this is waaaayyy below their quality spec.

That is proof that Intel has a major surplus of funds, is what that is!

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

You might find one on ebay, but as above said it is what his processor came in.  You only get them if you were selected by Intel to test the product pre-launch.  Linus, being a big name, was selected to test and review it for Intel.

but I don't understand why people like dodger and jesse cox and others got one, sure they are big names, but not big names in tech.

but I don't understand why people like dodger and jesse cox and others got one, sure they are big names, but not big names in tech.

Cross advertising.   They are not tech names but a number of their fans are gamers and enthusiast.   For a relatively low investment they got a lot of extra exposure to potential buyers.  

I don't think John Bain got one though, which does surprise me.  

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Thought it was a joke.... But yeah that's the box for i7-5960X thus SSD that comes with it, forgot the name.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

But of course the vast majority of people who buy Macs, make physical modifications to their product.

but of course, the vast majority of the people who buy any product, make physical modifications to their product.

..can say it about anything mate lol