Video Idea: Windows 10 Upgrade

I thought of a good idea for a video you guys should do. You may already have thought of it but here you go.
Windows 10 will be making its debut soon. Most people do not install their OS on a drive by itself, instead they normally have one drive that includes the OS as well as all the other software/etc and documents they have downloaded or installed. I thought it would be great to show how to upgrade to the new OS without having to install/redownload all the software/games/documents. Most people have data caps or slower internet so redownloading games is not an option.

A step by step way of showing how to convert to the new OS seems like a great idea.

Thanks for all you guys do!

If you upgrade through the W10 upgrade built into Microsoft it will (more than likely) not affect any of your programs/documents anyway -- the only time you would have to reinstall everything is if you either formatted/did a fresh install, or if something went horribly wrong. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Dude that is awesome. I've been scouring the net trying to find some sort of info on how this thing will actually install. I have always thought a new OS required fresh installs and all that crap. If its as simple as installing like a windows update, that makes my life easier ha.

Dude that is awesome. I've been scouring the net trying to find some sort of info on how this thing will actually install. I have always thought a new OS required fresh installs and all that crap. If its as simple as installing like a windows update, that makes my life easier ha.

its a bad way to do it tho

clean installing is always best

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

its a bad way to do it tho

clean installing is always best

I do agree, I would much prefer a fresh install. Then my original idea still stands. How to do a clean install and reinstall what you need.

I seriously hope there is a clean install option. Even on Linux I am not a huge fan of upgrading an OS.

Even if it does let you keep all of your stuff when you upgrade, i'm still going to wipe both of my hard drives and start fresh. I got so much useless junk filling the things up that it would be easier to wipe and start fresh than to try and go and delete it all.

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party."

-Ron White

I do agree, I would much prefer a fresh install. Then my original idea still stands. How to do a clean install and reinstall what you need.

you upgrade to windows 10

backup the activation of windows 10

then format and do a clean install of the os..and reapply the backed up activation

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile