Sapphire R9 Fury revealed

source: http://videocardz.com/57078/exclusive-sapphire-radeon-r9-fury-pictured-specifications-confirmed

Here’s Sapphire R9 Fury which comes in two variants: 11247-00-40G with 1000 MHz clock and 11247-01-40G with 1040 MHz clock. Both cards share the same design and both come with a backplate.

Sapphire-Radeon-R9-Fury-TRIXX-900x858.jp

Sapphire-Radeon-R9-Fury-backplate-900x42

R9 Fury will fill the gap between R9 390X and R9 Fury X, which is somewhere between GTX 980 and GTX 980 Ti. Card launches exactly in a week.

Sapphire-Radeon-R9-Fury-11247-00-40G-900

---

I might be wrong, but I see a problem with distributing all that radiator weight on a short PCB

check that sag (courtesy of Anand):

SapphireLights.jpg

^ the overhanging radiator bit is warped

Looks awesome, but like with the GTX 660, they should have extended the PCB so the heatsink is balanced over it. This might cause some severe overhang possibly.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

lol that pcb

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I might be wrong, but I see a problem with distributing all that radiator weight on a short PCB

Sure it will be fine.I really like the look of it. I wanna see how the one fan Nano does. Im sure this will be cool and quiet..

Bigger is obviously Better

CPU: Intel i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig H5 Motherboard: ASrock Z97 Extreme4  RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu Black Series 8GB GPU: Powercolor R9 390 PCS+

Case Fans: 3X Phobya NB-Eloop 120mm in front + 1X Noiseblocker BlackSilentPRO 140mm, rear HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB  PSU: Corsair CX600M  Case: Corsair Air 540 ODD: LG Supermulti (Yeah whatever)  Monitors: LG25UM55-P, LG 22EN43

Well look the PCB has a backplate, so it has some strength there and by the looks of the cooler the back side has some supports that does not get for airflow.

Steve Wozniak - "Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."                                                                                                                                               Carl Sagan - "If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."

Spoiler

CPU: Core i5 6600K Cooling: NH-D14 Motherboard: GA-Z170XP-SLI RAM: 8GB Patriot Graphics: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4G Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda PSU: Threamaltake Smart 750W

My computer runs on MSX, Its very hard to catch.

2441702-0720251747-origi.gif

That's actually a brilliant way to extend the card without blocking airflow.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Looks massive compared to the Fury X, Yikes.

Also, that extension wow. What is that cooling? The Fury X doesn't even extend nearly that far out.

How hot is this thing going to get?

I feel like this is a card filling a niche that isn't quite necessary. If you want more raw performance than the 390X, just crossfire two 390's. If you want a better single GPU, get the Fury X.

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

HDMI 1.4 yay.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Gonna be good for cooling and noise levels. The third fan gets fantastic airflow straight through the rad and up towards the top of the case. Instead of bouncing the air off the heat sink and pushing it out the side of the rad.

I feel like this is a card filling a niche that isn't quite necessary. If you want more raw performance than the 390X, just crossfire two 390's. If you want a better single GPU, get the Fury X.

crossfire is not a solution. ever.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

dat penis pcb extension

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

One thing both NVIDIA and AMD fanboys seem to agree on is that one big GPU is better in most ways. Although not in terms of raw framerate. This will be cheaper than fury x.

Wow I really wonder if this was necessary. The Tri x cooler was big but not this massively stupid and the Fury X is water cooled, it might be that even though the TDP isn't as high the vram being in close proximity really makes this cards extremely hard to keep cool.

Does not bodes well.

-------

Current Rig

-------

A lot of people like me buy the best single gpu they can afford. There's a gap in the $500-600 price point. This fills that in. Now they have gpu's at pretty much every price point. Unless this card somehow doesn't beat the 980 I think it fills that perfectly.

2 r9 390s are more expensive, and if its performance is very close to the fury x it will have stellar value. It's not like the 980 that is barely faster than the 970, this should actually be worth 100-200$ more than its lower end buddies.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

It's like they cut the backplate in halve  :lol:

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

crossfire is not a solution. ever.

yes it is. i've had indie games scale better than tripple a on bruteforce crossfire.

yes it is. i've had indie games scale better than tripple a on bruteforce crossfire.

and in some games it straight up doesn't work.

Spoiler

Wow I really wonder if this was necessary. The Tri x cooler was big but not this massively stupid and the Fury X is water cooled, it might be that even though the TDP isn't as high the vram being in close proximity really makes this cards extremely hard to keep cool.

Does not bodes well.

maybe they just thought "hey, we have this excellent cooler, why bother trying to fit the same cooling in 2/3rds of the space?" and just slapped it on as-is, only relocating the heatpipes to be on the gpu. I also imagine they just don't see a reason to shrink it, after all cooler is better even if a smaller heatsink would have been enough. It just looks a bit silly ^^

sudo chmod -R 000 /*