How do i install Gnome on Ubuntu?

Master Disaster
Go to solution Solved by Master Disaster,

Here you go. Installing things in Ubuntu is very easy, don't worry. :)

http://itsfoss.com/how-to-install-gnome-in-ubuntu-14-04/

sudo apt-get install gnome-shell
or
sudo apt-get install ubuntu-gnome-desktop 
.When you're prompted with a choice, choose LightDM.

I'm currently testing Ubuntu out but I'd like to be able to customise my system using Gnome Extensions so I'm looking at installing Gnome onto my current install.

Is it easy to do for a relative Linux beginner (I've got a little experience but not much)?

How do I go about it? I'm assuming its not as easy as opening Software Centre, finding Gnome and clicking Install?

Any help and tips would be greatly appreciated.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

or

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

or

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

So its really that easy then, cheers guys. :D

I would do the second command : sudo apt-get install ubuntu-gnome-desktop

this installs all the relevant packages and gives you a nice fully featured GNOME environment. And choose LighDM aka LDM.

And next time you log on, choose GNOME instead of the other ones.

Comb it with a brick