HDD vs SSD (Price/GB) and TLC vs MLC difference

Does anyone has the latest figures of the average Price/GB of an SSD and and HDD.

Will the prices of SSD ever jump below the HDD's prices...??..coz the HDD prices have been saturated and its unlikely they would dip further.

Also whats does TLC and MLC mean in SSD's and which ones are better.

Is Samsung the best brand for performance/Price/Reliability/Quality.

CPU:i5-4460; Mobo:Gigabyte H97 D3H; RAM:GSkill Ripjaws X 2x4 GB 1600 Mhz; PSU:Corsair CS550; HDD:WD Blue 1 TB

Case:Corsair Carbide 200R ; Monitor:AOC i2369Vm(1080p IPS) ; Input:Logitech G502,Mk 345 ; GPU:MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G Twin Frozer V

pcpartpicker has price/gb

no they will not, atleast not in years to come.

tlc and mlc are different types of flash. mlc is better, lasts longer. but samsung has very good new type of tlc that is used in evo which makes them pretty close.

samsung is good, so is crucial.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

MLC is a good middle ground between SLC and TLC.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Here is a link to more detail regarding the MLC and TLC flash topic: http://www.speedguide.net/faq/slc-mlc-or-tlc-nand-for-solid-state-drives-406

Regarding Samsung drives, I currently have a 850 Evo, and it is by far the best SSD I have owned. I have absolutely no issues with the drive and it still performs excellent after long use :)

*noobs around*

MLC and TLC is simply just the type of flash memory chips used in a SSD. Here is a link to more detail on that topic: http://www.speedguide.net/faq/slc-mlc-or-tlc-nand-for-solid-state-drives-406

Regarding Samsung drives, I currently have a 850 Evo, and it is by far the best SSD I have owned. I had no issues so var and the drive still performs excellent after long use :)

how many ssd's have you owned?

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

how many ssd's have you owned?

This 850 Evo is currently my 3rd SSD

*noobs around*