I wanted to start with the Final Fantasy series...any Idea where I should start from?

iM8Pizza

the title says it, where should I start from? "from the first one" yes I know, but I'm using a PC and not really into that old-school arcade stuff, except if it's on my phone because it would be easier to play it on my phone instead of seeing big pixels on my PC screen...HALP!

All games have a separate story, unless there is a number or another title in the end, the games haveno connections with one another story wise.

I recommend 1-9 first then 10, 12 and 13

11 and 14 are mmoRPG.

Some of the older games are available on mobile, so that's an start.

I think 1-3 are on mobile 7-8 13 and 14 on pc

I highly recommend playing 1-9 as cat said, then go onto dissadia final fantasy. Play 10-13. Then play disaddia final fantasy II. Then play 14. In order to understand some of FF7, you need to play FF7 crisis core.

the title says it, where should I start from? "from the first one" yes I know, but I'm using a PC and not really into that old-school arcade stuff, except if it's on my phone because it would be easier to play it on my phone instead of seeing big pixels on my PC screen...HALP!

Doesn't really matter. To be honest, each game has its own independent story unless in special cases. Such as FFX, FFXII, FFXIII which have sequels to them.

I would play 7,8,9,10+Sequel, FF12 ( Sequel on DS), FF13( then FF13-2 and FF13-3)

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Well the only remotely modern FF games are XIII and XIV. One is an MMO and the other is not similar to any of the other mainline games. If you want the "true" FF experience, don't play any games past IX.

I would personally recommend trying to find a version of Final Fantasy I for your phone or something. You could even play the GBA version on an emulator on your phone. Don't play the NES one, it's a mess. If you like it, you can move on to other games in the series because they are all basically the same gameplay wise, with tweaks here and there. Don't spend money on it, just play it for a few hours to get the gameplay down then move on.

Keep in mind none of the games have a real story until IV.

As for personal recommendations, IX, IV, and V are my favorites but I'm in the minority on that opinion. General consensus is that VI, VII, and X are the best.

Start with 6

it's the last 2D sprited and the best one

6-9-7-8-X

gameplay is more simplier but each character has like their own story telling unlike 7-the rest which only focus on main character

FF 1-3 is on NES and idk.. it just doesn't feel like J-RGP, it's more like rogue/platformer title for me

unless you are playing 3 for DS/PC remake, and 4 on NDS.

could you guys name some that is available on DS as I'm getting a DS sooner or later....and could you guys name by the...well not by number...but according it's release...because I wanted to kind of feel like....back to the ol' times( yeah it weird but fuck it, i'll keep saying that)