How loud is reference design GPU?

lamdnhan

I'm planning to buy a reference blower gpu.

I never had blower fan gpu before, and people say it runs loud. How loud can it be? I currently have msi gtx 770.

Specificity 980 and 980ti 

My reference GTX 670 was so loud and annoying that I ripped it off and fit an aftermarket cooler instead.

Which, Nvidia, not to bad when you are not running to hard, not quiet but not terrible. AMD? A 747 engine would be quieter in your PC

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

If you prefer silence, don't get reference. Really only reason to is if you plan to SLI. But to answer your question, it gets pretty damn annoying @ 60% fan speed and higher.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

The ones from Nvidia aren't that bad. Obviously the Fury X has it's problems but it's also not that bad, but other AMD coolers are gonna add extra sound effects to your A-10 Warthog Attack Jet in BF4.

In my mind they are not worth it. get something like a strix that don't even spin up until 30% load or something. ACX 2.0 also does that I think

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

Which, Nvidia, not to bad when you are not running to hard, not quiet but not terrible. AMD? A 747 engine would be quieter in your PC

980/980ti ref for example?

980/980ti ref for example?

Between those two, and from what I can remember, they are still quite simliar, maybe the 980 is a bit quieter, the main difference is the temps, the 980ti gets super hot, super fast, it will hit the default 84c limit very quickly on load, it also depends on what fan curve you are going to be running.

Honestly though, unless you are having temp problems with your cpu or you are going to go SLI, just go for a non-reference cooler, it will be far superior.

Between those two, and from what I can remember, they are still quite simliar, maybe the 980 is a bit quieter, the main difference is the temps, the 980ti gets super hot, super fast, it will hit the default 84c limit very quickly on load, it also depends on what fan curve you are going to be running.

Honestly though, unless you are having temp problems with your cpu or you are going to go SLI, just go for a non-reference cooler, it will be far superior.

Thanks, I just like the look and want to keep heat out of my case (mITX build)

I'm planning to buy a reference blower gpu.

I never had blower fan gpu before, and people say it runs loud. How loud can it be? I currently have msi gtx 770.

Specificity 980 and 980ti

I found out that the problem with a card with aftermarket cooler especially custom PCB, the possibility of getting silicon lotto card is way higher than if u get a reference card. That happens to me and most of my friend. Idont know why. My 780 is my first time buying a card with aftermarket cooler (gigabyte windforce) and i regret it. Even my reference 680 can overclock way higher and stable. Yes the fan noise is quite annoying but if u're using headset. That's not even a problem