$1300 Budget

Zentorno56

This doesn't really fit the category but I could not find one of which would. I have $1300 to spend on one or more electronics. Right now all I kind of want is a RX100M3. Any suggestions? Thanks to all!

I'm guessing you forgot to post a link to partpicker or something. Could you please post what you've got?

I'm guessing you forgot to post a link to partpicker or something. Could you please post what you've got?

It's a labtop. :( But I'm fine for now. i7 4710HQ and iGPU graphics which are eh. But I'm fine!

It's a labtop. :( But I'm fine for now. i7 4710HQ and iGPU graphics which are eh. But I'm fine!

I'm sorry I should've been more clear. :P I meant what you're going to be building, like your parts or something.

I'm sorry I should've been more clear. :P I meant what you're going to be building, like your parts or something.

No I should've been more clear! I meant I'm thinking about building one.  :lol:  To editing!

This doesn't really fit the category but I could not find one of which would. I have $1300 to spend on one or more electronics. Right now all I kind of want is a new PC but I think I'm ok with my setup as of now. Any suggestions? Thanks to all!

So are you fine with what you have or do you want people to help you find parts around that budget? From what you posted i'm confused. 

So are you fine with what you have or do you want people to help you find parts around that budget? From what you posted i'm confused. 

I'm fine with what I have.  :P  I meant I have $1300 to spend on gadgets like external HDD's or something. I really made this confusing. Lol

I'm fine with what I have.  :P  I meant I have $1300 to spend on gadgets like external HDD's or something. I really made this confusing. Lol

Do you sit at a desk and use your laptop? Do you need more hard drive space for editing and games? I could recommend some quality of life peripherals that would benefit the laptop working at a desk.  But unless i know what you need i can't start.  :P 

Monitor, keyboard, mouse, headphones, microphone, dock for external drives, speakers... and a nice desk... ENJOY!

I'm fine with what I have. :P I meant I have $1300 to spend on gadgets like external HDD's or something. I really made this confusing. Lol

Simply put, $1300 is overkill I'd you don't want to build/buy a new system. If you're happy with what you have, I'd suggest you either save the money for future use, when you will want to upgrade your system or use it for other stuff (buy furniture, or your mum whatever a gift, or whatever you like). If you're looking into consoles, maybe you could buy one of those or just get a good PC with dedicated graphics but 1300 on just peripherals and random stuff is a waste.

(Unless, of course, you're leaving in the stuff mentioned above, headphones and so on. But, even if you buy the most ludicrous pair of headphones and other small stuff, you won't use it all up. I'm guessing that you already have all that, though so unless there's something you actually need, then tell us what it is out,as I've said before, save it it invest it in something useful.)

Do you sit at a desk and use your laptop? Do you need more hard drive space for editing and games? I could recommend some quality of life peripherals that would benefit the laptop working at a desk.  But unless i know what you need i can't start.  :P

Yes I do have a desk but I would love a new one. And again I made stuff confusing! I meant editing as in editing my post. I have a keyboard, mouse and pretty much everything for just sitting at the desk but things like a new desk and stuff like that would help.

Simply put, $1300 is overkill I'd you don't want to build/buy a new system. If you're happy with what you have, I'd suggest you either save the money for future use, when you will want to upgrade your system or use it for other stuff (buy furniture, or your mum whatever a gift, or whatever you like). If you're looking into consoles, maybe you could buy one of those or just get a good PC with dedicated graphics but 1300 on just peripherals and random stuff is a waste.

He doesn't have to use all of it now. I'm pretty sure he wasn't going to spend $1300 on just little things as they wouldn't even amount to $1300. lol

True. I will take that into consideration! Thank you!

Yes I do have a desk but I would love a new one. And again I made stuff confusing! I meant editing as in editing my post. I have a keyboard, mouse and pretty much everything for just sitting at the desk but things like a new desk and stuff like that would help.

Can you not save your money?  Is it against your religion or something?  :huh:

Ikea desk http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S19022790/

Lots of space and comes in different colors.

This is biased but i think this chair is awesome( i have one ) http://www.amazon.com/DX-Racer-OH-FE11-Comfortable/dp/B00U39UGPC/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1436236800&sr=8-4&keywords=dx+racer

Cable management stuff for desk http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/workspaces/16195/

Monitor, keyboard, mouse, headphones, microphone, dock for external drives, speakers... and a nice desk... ENJOY!

I would love the monitor, headphones, mic, speakers, and of course... a nice desk! Taken into consideration! Thank you!

True. I will take that into consideration! Thank you!

Next time say what you are looking for beforehand so we can help you better. Just saying $1300 budget and i want things isn't helpful!  :rolleyes:

If you're looking into desks, well, standing desks are becoming a thing (and they're quite expensive, especially the ones with motors to change from standing to sitting, so biting one of those would probably gobble up almost all of your budget...

Yeeeeeeeeeees! Tottaly forgot about a chair. I have some wooden one from the 80's my mom gave me. R.I.P. My back

^ The IKEA desk looks good but If suggest going for a L-shaped desk. I've always loved the way they look and they give you LOADS of space for even triple monitors or just allow you to separate your work from your gaming/computers

Do you have any gunnars or similar things?
If you have money burning a hole in your pocket, you should pick some up.

Try them out in a store for comfort if you can. 

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

AMD FX 9590, ASUS Crosshair V Formula Z Motherboard, 16GB HYPERX Beast 2033mhz Ram, 2x R9 390X's in Crossfire, Corsair H100i GTX, NZXT S340. And then the rest you spend on shipping to ship it to me :) <3

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

SOMETIMES LOSING THE BATTLE, MEANS YOU CAN WIN THE WAR

AMD FX 9590, ASUS Crosshair V Formula Z Motherboard, 16GB HYPERX Beast 2033mhz Ram, 2x R9 390X's in Crossfire, Corsair H100i GTX, NZXT S340. And then the rest you spend on shipping to ship it to me :) <3

Why on earth would you buy a 9590?

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!