What power supply for a gtx 750 ti?

aLemonNation

So my friend just got his build and he's saying his 450 watts power supply does not boot up his gtx 750ti. I know it's not all about the watts, but what is the amps needed. What power supply can run it?

• OS: Windows 10/10 Pro  • SSD: Samsung 256GB 850 Evo Series *  • HDD: Seagate 1TB  • GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 GAMING X (SLI)
• CPU: i7-4790K OC 4.7GHz Quad-Core Processor • Case: NZXT H440 (Black/Red) • PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W
• RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory • Mobo: MSI Gaming 5

450watts should be enough, the 750ti is a low power card.

Edit: Although knowing the specs of the rest of his computer would also help...

Lord of Helium.

So my friend just got his build and he's saying his 450 watts power supply does not boot up his gtx 750ti. I know it's not all about the watts, but what is the amps needed. What power supply can run it?

A 750ti will be fine on 450W, what's the rest of his system?

I mean, even if it's a 9590 CPU is should be fine on 450 anyways....

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

PSU doesn't "boot up" the graphics card. If that's the case it's some other issue like motherboard incompatibility. 

"Rawr XD"