Completely new or refurbished?

I'm 16 with no source of money except for a very limited farm job and the monthly income from my parents...

I'm looking to build a new PC which can handle tripple A games such as FC4 on 1080p in 60fps.

And CS:GO 1152x864 in 144fps.

My CPU handles PS/AE quite good but I'm not too sure on how it performs on rendering videos.

I got two options... 

1. To save up enough to build a new PC that will fit these needs.

2. To buy some parts and a good 144hz monitor.

I currently have $1000.

Option 1: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/blankoos/saved/

Option 2: My current PC:

CPU: i5-3350P 3.10GHz

GPU GeForce GT 630 (DVM 2gb, AGM 4gb)

8GB RAM

Any suggestions greatly appreciated! :)

What parts are you trying to get? what is ur current specs? as in motherboard

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

I'd say get a ssd, better gpu, and better psu if you need it. You should be fine with that. 

EDIT: Spend whatver you have left over on that monitor [it will probably be a lot, so i'd reccomend a multi-monitor setup]

Happy to help with any tech problems. Windows 10 installing guide here.
----i5 4570s----gigabyte z97x-sli----8gb ddr3----gigabyte g1 gaming 960----HAF 912----120gb ssd----1tb hdd----500w evga----

4790k is good for editing/rendering + 3d stuff

if your mainly gaming go for i5 4690k preformance difference is 2 fps

your mobo is overkill

8gb recommended if your not doing anything special

that should be enough to save up for a 144 hz moniter

I'd say get a ssd, better gpu, and better psu if you need it. You should be fine with that.

This

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

What parts are you trying to get? what is ur current specs? as in motherboard

The parts I would get if I wouldn't go for a completely new build would probably be a GTX 970, new motherboard for ddr3 in case I don't already have ddr3, (computer info doesn't tell me so I'll have to open up the old jar and take a look. ^^)

Just as the ddr type, I don't know the specs other than the ones I listed.

The parts I would get if I wouldn't go for a completely new build would probably be a GTX 970, new motherboard for ddr3 in case I don't already have ddr3, (computer info doesn't tell me so I'll have to open up the old jar and take a look. ^^)

Just as the ddr type, I don't know the specs other than the ones I listed.

So your looking for a ddr3 mobo?

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

Once again... I don't know until I open my PC up.

Once again... I don't know until I open my PC up.

Or just go into the bios?

Keep the cpu. I have an i5 2500 and I have been satisfied with it. Wanna trade?

Haha, no I'm good ^^

Or just go into the bios?

Yep, it was 8gb of ddr3-1600

If you're only gaming, I wouldn't buy a whole new system. Your current one has a great CPU and you have enough RAM for gaming. Also, if you buy a new system, I wouldn't get 16GB RAM unless the PC will also be used for RAM intensive programs like video editing software and the motherboard you chose is overkill. I'd recommend these upgrades to your current system:

-Adding an SSD

-Upgrading your GPU to a GTX 970, try to sell your previous one

-If your PSU isn't enough, upgrade it to something like a Corsair CX500

-Upgrade your cooling

-Replace the case (if your current one is in bad shape)

Use the rest of the money on accessories, i.e. a new monitor, mouse and keyboard.

Opening up your PC shouldn't be hassle, and in the case you can't figure it out, maybe send it to a local shop and see if they can upgrade it for you with your needs.

Hope this helps.

If you're only gaming, I wouldn't buy a whole new system. Your current one has a great CPU and you have enough RAM for gaming. Also, if you buy a new system, I wouldn't get 16GB RAM unless the PC will also be used for RAM intensive programs like video editing software and the motherboard you chose is overkill. I'd recommend these upgrades to your current system:

-Adding an SSD

-Upgrading your GPU to a GTX 970, try to sell your previous one

-If your PSU isn't enough, upgrade it to something like a Corsair CX500

-Upgrade your cooling

-Replace the case (if your current one is in bad shape)

Use the rest of the money on accessories, i.e. a new monitor, mouse and keyboard.

Opening up your PC shouldn't be hassle, and in the case you can't figure it out, maybe send it to a local shop and see if they can upgrade it for you with your needs.

Hope this helps.

Like mentioned in OP, I will use memory intensive programs such as After Effects and Sony Vegas.

I will most likely buy a GPU, SSD and maybe a PSU. (Don't know what wattage my current PSU has, the case advised me to never open up the safety cage, revealing the PSU. And the BIOS didn't give me any information about it either...?) I'll buy all the other parts after time, all I need after these 2 - 3 purchases is basically just the 240hz monitor!

I don't need a keyboard nor mouse but thanks, haha.

Hassle? Definitely not! Did it earlier today, only took two screws to unlock, what kind of noob do you take me for. ;)

Like mentioned in OP, I will use memory intensive programs such as After Effects and Sony Vegas.

I will most likely buy a GPU, SSD and maybe a PSU. (Don't know what wattage my current PSU has, the case advised me to never open up the safety cage, revealing the PSU. And the BIOS didn't give me any information about it either...?) I'll buy all the other parts after time, all I need after these 2 - 3 purchases is basically just the 240hz monitor!

I don't need a keyboard nor mouse but thanks, haha.

Hassle? Definitely not! Did it earlier today, only took two screws to unlock, what kind of noob do you take me for. ;)

I misread "I don't know until I open my PC up" as "I don't know how to open my PC up" :P

I misread "I don't know until I open my PC up" as "I don't know how to open my PC up" :P

Haha, alrighty mate. ^^