(US-Amazon) - PlayStation TV $38

Tocsin_786

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

I'm not gonna lie, that really is a great deal, especially for everything that you get.

Also keep in mind that you can play PS Vita and other Playstation games on this. So think of it this way: you're paying $38 for a PS Vita.

COMIC SANS

What does it do other than video Stteam

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I'm not gonna lie, that really is a great deal, especially for everything that you get.

Also keep in mind that you can play PS Vita games on this. So think of it this way: you're paying $38 for a PS Vita.

One more thing to remember, you need a PS4 or PS3 controller to operate it and it does not come with one. It's obvious from the product page, but it's something to keep in mind.

OT: I have an original Vita BNIB. Is there anything worth playing on it from the perspective of someone who likes racing games and FPS?

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

One more thing to remember, you need a PS4 or PS3 controller to operate it and it does not come with one. It's obvious from the product page, but it's something to keep in mind.

True true, but a PS3 controller isn't too awfully expensive. GameStop (for example) has them for $20 and less. I'm sure if you searched elsewhere you could find them for cheaper.

COMIC SANS

its basically a PS Vita on TV, you play all ps vita and PlayStation store games. but you have to buy the controller desperately. so if you look on ebay you can get a controller for up to 20 bucks and this thing, for 50 bucks is still a good deal. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

OT: I have an original Vita BNIB. Is there anything worth playing on it from the perspective of someone who likes racing games and FPS?

i have the original vita too, and twisted metal and mod nation racers are really fun racing games. 

False, you cannot stream Netflix on this. Hopefully you didn't sway anyone into buying it for this reason. 

Black/Red Beast: CPU: i7 4790k Cooling: Hyper 212 Evo MB: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 GPU: MSI GTX 980 RAM: 16GB 1866 HyperFury X SSD: 256GB Samsung Evo 840

False, you cannot stream Netflix on this. Hopefully you didn't sway anyone into buying it for this reason. 

It doesn't play netflix or youtube sadly.

I know you could put android on the Vita, would be interesting if you could do the same with this

Fedex Ground must be on Horse back, It took 7 days to go 200 miles

I know you could put android on the Vita, would be interesting if you could do the same with this

This comment just increased my curiosity ten fold by this. Its on my wishlist anyway for Amazon prime Day

back in February they said that there will be a Netflix app for it. i guess it didnt happen, should have done more research. my fault 

So it lets people play PSP/Vita games? I'm assuming you have to rebuy the games, right?

This seems too good to be true...

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

False, experienced vita user here, the only exploit you could do with this device is run vHBL which runs an eCFW exploit slowing you to run home brew apps as well as a fully fledged PSP OS for pirating and running homebrew stuff. the machine is a pointless waste of money because it has restrictions on what games you can run therefore you can't run all the games currently out on the hand held PS Vita, not to mention the lack of application support and Sony mentioned that the Vita will not be getting triple a titles any time soon, all in all, a waste of money.

So does this just play Vita games are does it support games from other platforms as well? Also, how much are the games on it -- do you buy them online through the PS-TV store / how much are the games? 

And are there any games that are really worth getting (that aren't on PC/PS3) that would make this/the games worthwhile? (Note: I already have a PS3/controller) 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

"PlayStation TV can do the following:

- Play select PlayStation Vita games, both digital and physical (it includes a memory card port and a PS Vita cartridge slot)

- Stream PS4 content via Remote Play

- Sync to both a DualShock 3 and DualShock 4 controller

- Access PlayStation Now, which will stream select PS1, PS2 and PS3 games

- Access all video streaming apps such as Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Instant Video, YouTube, Qello, etc.

- Access PlayStation Store (Vita storefront) to download and play indie games or movies."

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9

So does this just play Vita games are does it support games from other platforms as well? Also, how much are the games on it -- do you buy them online through the PS-TV store / how much are the games?

And are there any games that are really worth getting (that aren't on PC/PS3) that would make this/the games worthwhile? (Note: I already have a PS3/controller)

To answer your question, the PS TV supports only a handful of PS Vita titles due to unknown restrictions, you can play PSP games on the machines, PS1 classics and the minis titles. To obtain these titles, one must download from the PS store. You will need a proprietary expensive memory card to download the games to the device. The games price on the ps store were a tremendous rip off the last time I checked. You could buy physical vita cards to play games, buy them second hand to save yourself some cash. The games in my opinion aren't that great, I played a handful of titles when I had my vita, things like wipeout 2048, Rayman origins, uncharted golden abyss but soon you will go through the entire catalogue very quickly when you realise the very few titles this platform currently has to offer.!