27" 1440p Monitor for $280 [US-Newegg]

Uwillparish

Its by qnix, but hot damn, a 27" 1440p monitor for $250, if i had money, id take it

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4JH1NB1871&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=GD070615&nm_mc=EMC-GD070615&cm_mmc=EMC-GD070615-_-index-_-Item-_-9SIA4JH1NB1871

EDIT: Monitor has now gone up to $279.99, still a ok deal

Edited by Uwillparish

No Displayport, sadly enough.

AND WHO THE F__ IS QNIX

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

No Displayport, sadly enough.

AND WHO THE F__ IS QNIX

Qnix is a Korean monitor brand. One of the more popular cheapo Korean monitor brands.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Overclockable? 

Can someone explain this?! 

Refresh rates of monitors can be "overclocked." That is, increasing the refresh rate of the panel. (From say 60hz to 75hz.) It's done very easily in Windows. You simply create resolution inside of Catalyst Control Center, or NVIDIA COntrol Panel, and set the refresh rate to something higher than your monitor. Go until the monitor seems unstable. (Either powering off, visual issues, or no display at all.) It decreases the lifespan of the monitor, but can eek out a few more hz from your display for no cost.

Refresh rates of monitors can be "overclocked." That is, increasing the refresh rate of the panel. (From say 60hz to 75hz.) It's done very easily in Windows. You simply create resolution inside of Catalyst Control Center, or NVIDIA COntrol Panel, and set the refresh rate to something higher than your monitor. Go until the monitor seems unstable. (Either powering off, visual issues, or no display at all.) It decreases the lifespan of the monitor, but can eek out a few more hz from your display for no cost.

With 700 Series and up on Nvidia GPU's they have a pixel overclocker built in now so makes overclocking them super easy. Before you needed to use a Pixel Patcher in order to overclock them now you just move a slider and good to go. 

Everyone who's on a cheap 1080p screen should really consider buying these. Had one for several years and it looked and worked perfectly. 

Looks exactly like my xstar. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Looks exactly like my xstar. 

Does your signature even end?

Does your signature even end?

well yah eventually. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

the spoiler ends with this -snip-

I didn't even look at that. I saw syntaxvgm saying that it ended eventually and then spent like 3 minutes trying to get to that video, and then I see your post showing exactly what happened at the end. I should do it again because I really do have too much time on my hands

I didn't even look at that. I saw syntaxvgm saying that it ended eventually and then spent like 3 minutes trying to get to that video, and then I see your post showing exactly what happened at the end. I should do it again because I really do have too much time on my hands

i may have cheated by clicking on "view source code"

i may have cheated by clicking on "view source code"

most people jus ttab+enter 

muh specs 

All parts black

Oh. Damn. It's a VA panel.

Actually it isn't... AHVA is an IPS variant, confusing I know... many of the 144Hz IPS monitors that have been coming out actually use AHVA if I am correct

CPU:  Intel i7-4790K      Cooler:  Noctua NH-D14     GPU: ZOTAC GTX 1070 TI MINI     Motherboard:  ASUS Z97 Gryphon     RAM:  32GB G Skill Trident X     

Storage: 2x 512GB Samsung 850 EVO (RAID 0) / 2TB Seagate Barracuda     PSU: 850W EVGA SuperNova G2     Case: Fractal Design Node 804

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4JH1GM6846&cm_re=qnix-_-9SIA4JH1GM6846-_-Product

or you could get this, its $50 more but has a  higher quality samsung pls panel.

I know AHVA is newer than PLS, and I think AHVA can have better refresh rates and such. Despite having VA in the name AHVA is actually an IPS technology, have you read anything comparing it to older technologies?

CPU:  Intel i7-4790K      Cooler:  Noctua NH-D14     GPU: ZOTAC GTX 1070 TI MINI     Motherboard:  ASUS Z97 Gryphon     RAM:  32GB G Skill Trident X     

Storage: 2x 512GB Samsung 850 EVO (RAID 0) / 2TB Seagate Barracuda     PSU: 850W EVGA SuperNova G2     Case: Fractal Design Node 804

I know AHVA is newer than PLS, and I think AHVA can have better refresh rates and such. Despite having VA in the name AHVA is actually an IPS technology, have you read anything comparing it to older technologies?

All i know is that a ahva panel is a bit worse than a ips panel.