SLI and crossfire Q"s

Go to solution Solved by Oshino Shinobu,

Ok thanks

The one you chose as best answer is incorrect. 

Crossfire will use the lowest amount of vRAM (in this case, 2GB). SLI will not work with different amounts of vRAM. 

I have wondered this for a long time and haven't found answers anywhere.

So, If you crossfire/SLI a graphics card with 2gb vram and a graphics card with 4gb would you end up with 2gb or 4 gb usable vram?

So, If you crossfire/SLI a graphics card with 2gb vram and a graphics card with 4gb would you end up with 2gb or 4 gb usable vram?

2gb

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

Both use the VRAM of one card with the lowest one. Since one card is 2gb, it will use the 2gb of that card.

Spoiler

CPU intel potato2 | Motherboard xpotato69 | RAM DDRPotato | GPU potato 6969 Ti | Case potato curbiide | Storage WD potato GB grey | PSU lakesonic 69 potato Watts | Display(s)69" 0.5K potato 69*69 | Cooling 4 heatpipe fried potato | Keyboard 69 key potato switches | Mouse yukon gold potato | Sound 6.9 surround potato | Operating System OS69 potato

CPU I7 5700HQ |  RAM 8gb DDR3 | GPU GTX 960M | Storage 1 TB HGST HDD | Display 15.6" 1080p IPS panel | Keyboard Steelseries RGB | Operating System Windows 10

CPU R7 3800x |  RAM 32 GB 3200MHZ DDR4| GPU RX 5700XT Ref. | Storage 1TB m.2 NVME, 2x 500GB SSD, 4TB and 750gb hdd | Display LG 32GK850F-BKeyboard Aorus K7 with reds | PSU Corsair RM750X | Case Corsair 275R | Operating System Windows 10

2GB not worth it atm

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

For Crossfire, you would have 2GB. For SLI, it would not work. They require the same model (ie. 2x 980Ti), as well as the same amount of vRAM. 

It depends,

In sli you have to have the same amount of vram for it to work.

In Xfire you just end up with the amount of vram on the lowest card.

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

2gb

Both use the VRAM of one card with the lowest one. Since one card is 2gb, it will use the 2gb of that card.

Ok thanks

Ok thanks

The one you chose as best answer is incorrect. 

Crossfire will use the lowest amount of vRAM (in this case, 2GB). SLI will not work with different amounts of vRAM. 

Ok thanks

If you have 2 2GB cards then it will use both cards for memory, which means double bandwidth. That is also a pro of SLI. 

And a DirectX 12 hint was vRAM on SLI stacking. (2GB + 2GB = 4GB)

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz