Looking for a "Gaming Mouse"

Zaeems_

Hello, this is my first actual post so please feel free to tell me if I'm putting it in the wrong place.

TL;DR

Looking for a wired gaming mouse that works on carpet. UK shopping links are preferred, but not necessary.

I'm looking for a new "Gaming Mouse", after watching a few videos on the LinusTechTips channel I really wanted one, but I have a slight issue - My wrist hates mouse pads, I've tried a few mouse pads and all of them made my wrist really itchy and sore. That's why I use my mouse on the carpet - My current mouse isn't a gaming mouse and is just your average one, but I'd like a mouse that works on carpet without any issues and is designed for gaming. If anybody out there uses a gaming mouse on carpet, please tell me the name of the mouse. I'd be grateful if you gave me a link on ebay or amazon, (UK) but I don't mind either way. One key thing I'd say I don't want is wireless, keep it to wired since my computer hasn't got a built-in network card and I'm not too keen on going through the effort of putting one in (I'm no good with wires and sharp things.)

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.

Cut out a slab of carpeting and place it on your desk.  ;)

Have you tried the hard plastic mouse pads?

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

Cut out a slab of carpeting and place it on your desk.  ;)

Have you tried the hard plastic mouse pads?

Yeah, I tried the HyperX Skyn

And I'm not on a desk, I am literally on the floor, with the monitor on a vertically placed printer box... I prefer it this way, since my chair is pretty crappy.

Hi,

I would definitely recommend the Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Its a bit pricey, but designed specifically to work on multiple surfaces with auto-calibration (TM Pending) software. It also comes with 11 programmable buttons that can be used for gaming or regular programs. A friend got it and said its really comfortable also and recommended it to me. Probably one of Logitech's best gaming mice (maybe one of the best in the market). Also, it is in fact wired, since you specifically asked. :P

Logitech: http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g502-proteus-core-tunable-gaming-mouse

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IRHE892/?tag=googhydr-20&hvadid=81554715065&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3546105817556414176&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_4y8necb36a_b

Newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104934

Christian 

Use the following style specs in your sig to spread the LTT revolution!

Rig Specs:

Screeninator: Gigabyte GeForce GTX960

Powermathingy: Corsair CX600W

Stickiminator: 2x G.Skill ARES 4GB DDR3-1866

Procrastinator: AMD FX-8350 @4.1GHz 1.3V

Holdametalicizor: DIYPC Gamemax-BK

Noisoundacreator: Cyber Acoustics CA-3072 (loudamagargle) Onn Wireless FM Radio Headset (earamagargle)

Attachamathingy: ASRock 990FX Extreme9

Remembrerthing: Western Digital 1TB Blue, Western Digital 40GB Blue

Flat-Colorful-Thing: Acer K272HL

See-A-Move-O: Logitech Hyperion Fury G402

ButtonBoard: Cooler Master CMSTORM Devastator Blue

Talkamagargle: Blue Snowball Ice

Hi,

I would definitely recommend the Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Its a bit pricey, but designed specifically to work on multiple surfaces with auto-calibration (TM Pending) software. It also comes with 11 programmable buttons that can be used for gaming or regular programs. A friend got it and said its really comfortable also and recommended it to me. Probably one of Logitech's best gaming mice (maybe one of the best in the market).

The G502 is way too heavy to be considered the best on the market. If you really think the G502/G402 is the best on the market, I really doubt you've tried any of the legitimately good mice.

The G502 is way too heavy to be considered the best on the market. If you really think the G502/G402 is the best on the market, I really doubt you've tried any of the legitimately good mice.

I have personally tried it along with my friend and I disagree. The mouse I use for my personal build would be the CM STORM Devastator but it came in a combo with a keyboard so can't recommend. I actually plan on upgrading soon. And why would heaviness matter if its going to be on carpet? You're not limited to a confined space (like a mousepad) so picking it up super often wouldn't make much sense.

Christian 

Rig Specs:

Noisoundacreator: Cyber Acoustics CA-3072 (loudamagargle) Onn Wireless FM Radio Headset (earamagargle)

And for clarification, I meant to say one of the best in the market at its time, not necessarily the best mouse in existence.

EDIT: The weight is actually adjustable by removing the small weights inside of the mouse FYI. You don't have to play with it as it comes in-box.

Christian 

Rig Specs:

I have personally tried it along with my friend and I disagree. The mouse I use for my personal build would be the CM STORM Devastator but it came in a combo with a keyboard so can't recommend. I actually plan on upgrading soon. And why would heaviness matter if its going to be on carpet? You're not limited to a confined space (like a mousepad) so picking it up super often wouldn't make much sense.

The mouse in the Devastator combo is garbage, and the sensor is on-par with the sensors you find in regular office mice. lol why are you talking about mice? 

The mouse in the Devastator combo is garbage, and the sensor is on-par with the sensors you find in regular office mice. lol why are you talking about mice? 

I agree with that. That's why I'm planning on upgrading. And maybe its because I made a recommendation and you started criticizing it? Or perhaps because its the topic of this discussion? xD

Christian 

Rig Specs:

You can only make it heavier, not lighter.

I know. Its light enough at default. I think he had the weights in or something because its fine to me and my friend.

Christian 

Rig Specs:

Before any G502 user flips, I use it as my primary mouse and I like it. It is a great overall mouse, but as others mentioned it's heavy. Good for FPS, RPG and general use but awful for RTS or MOBA, you should definitely check the G303 or G402 instead or shop other brands altogether if those are you primary games.

The G502 is also not as slippery as other mice I use regularly, which includes teh G602 and a Razer naga.

Before any G502 user flips, I use it as my primary mouse and I like it. It is a great overall mouse, but as others mentioned it's heavy. Good for FPS, RPG and general use but awful for RTS or MOBA, you should definitely check the G303 or G402 instead or shop other brands altogether if those are you primary games.

The G502 is also not as slippery as other mice I use regularly, which includes teh G602 and a Razer naga.

Thank you!

Christian 

Rig Specs:

Zowie FK1 is god tier but not sure if it works on carpet.

(SpecsCPU: Intel Core i3-4150 3.5GHz GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7850 MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte H81M-S2PV RAM: 4GB Storage: 2TB WD HDD

(Peripherals) Keyboard: Corsair K95 Mouse: Zowie EC2-A Headset: Audio-Technica ATH-M50X's Microphone: Blue Snowball

Zowie FK1 is god tier but not sure if it works on carpet.

Last time I mentioned the Zowie FK1 in a thread, someone said it looked cheap and the Rival is better. wtf is wrong with some people. I had a Rival before, and the FK1 is a straight-up upgrade. I don't know why people like the new logitech mice. The G100S and MX518 were incredible, but I think Logitech forgot the concept of 'lightweight'. I don't even know why people buy the G402 and G502. Those mice look more ridiculous and gamery than anything Razer has ever released.

It seems like half of the companies don't know at all what 'lightweight' means. It's like every bit of knowledge the CS 1.6 community has bestowed upon us is now gone. The Puretrak Talent, low DPIs, lighter mice, etc.

qq I'm clearly in the wrong generation of gaming.

Linus should do a 'revisited' series highlighting all of the forgotten godly gaming gear. I doubt even half of the people here know what a Puretrak Talent is or who the hell Zowie is.

Whoa Whoa 

let's all calm down and just admit we are all fanboys and suffer from post-purchase rationalization syndrome and all most of these doesn't even matter performance-wise and most of just a feel good stuff.

Also if you are Canadian the G402 is selling for 32.99 on NCIX, the heck, I might try having CC price match this.

Whoa Whoa 

let's all calm down and just admit we are all fanboys and suffer from post-purchase rationalization syndrome and all most of these doesn't even matter performance-wise and most of just a feel good stuff.

My warranty allows me to return the Zowie FK1 I got at any time I want to, and the store I got it from is 30-Minutes away. I'm not rationalizing after my purchase, the Zowie FK1 is genuinely a god-tier mouse, and better than any of the other mice I've tried at a friend's house or owned.

(Razer Deathadder, Logitech G402, Logitech G502, Steelseries Rival, Microsoft IME, Corsair M45)

Literally all of those mice are available at the store I've gotten my FK1 from, so I'm really not lying about this.