Dragon Age: Inquisition issue

Abakan

I'm having an issue with DA:I. The first 100 hours or so were fine, now randomly the game will reset all of my settings, everything, graphics, key bindings, etc etc.

I searched their forum and google searched, no hits on the issue. I began launching the game with Admin privileges, which seemed to help, for quite a while, and yesterday it started again.

Normally I wouldn't much mind, but I use a very specific setup, because the game is so obnoxious to control, also the graphics settings need to be tuned just right to run well on my rig.

This is a long shot, but is anyone familiar with this issue? If the game is simply overwriting a config file, I can make a backup, but I'm not sure where this might be. There's a configurations/gameconfigurations folder, but it contains a .sb and a .toc, both fail to open with proper formatting in notepad or anything else. I also checked and it doesn't seem the game is saving anything in my user/documents folder either.

I would appreciate any suggestions, if it didn't take me 5 minutes each time to fix I'd just live with it. Thanks in advance.

-Abakan

Beware the irrational, however seductive. Shun the ‘transcendent’ and all who invite you to subordinate or annihilate yourself. Distrust compassion; prefer dignity for yourself and others. Don’t be afraid to be thought arrogant or selfish. Picture all experts as if they were mammals. Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence. Suspect your own motives, and all excuses. Do not live for others any more than you would expect others to live for you.

-snip-

Damn that sucks. The only thing I found about settings. http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/Manual-reset-of-Dragon-Age-Inquisition-settings/td-p/3990689

Is that game fun? Off-Topic

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Thanks for the reply, I didn't think to look at the Bioware folder, only EA/Origin/OriginGames folders. I'm gonna have a look around right now.

Yeah the game is pretty good. Though, it plays a bit like an MMO, in design and questing, lots of filler content. But the main quest and the mechanics are very good. The way you apply the Inquisitions power as you gain it is very interesting, very memorable characters, and of course Dragons! If you enjoyed the Origin's game, it's worth a buy, if uncertain I'd say wait for a sale.

Edit: I had a look around, there are configs there, but again in an unusual format. I just changed all of my settings, and made a backup these files, next time this happens I'll paste them back and overwrite, hopefully it will work. Though I'm not certain which set of files the game is using, the configs in the Bioware folder, or in the games root. I'll backup both, and overwrite one at a time next time to see which is right. 

Beware the irrational, however seductive. Shun the ‘transcendent’ and all who invite you to subordinate or annihilate yourself. Distrust compassion; prefer dignity for yourself and others. Don’t be afraid to be thought arrogant or selfish. Picture all experts as if they were mammals. Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence. Suspect your own motives, and all excuses. Do not live for others any more than you would expect others to live for you.