Quick question about VPNs

Speedbird
Go to solution Solved by Altecice,

Yes, I do this myself.

Just note however that the speed you will be able to send and receive to your SMB shares is directly linked to your home ISP's upload limit.

Hello.

I have a home server with shared folders (SMB) that are shared with the HomeGroup and are accessible from a local network. I have also connected it to a VPN hosted by Microsoft Azure (SSTP) which I plan to use to access the shared folders from remote networks. So my question is, if I were to connect a client to that VPN, will that client be able to access the shared folders and remain connected to the Internet (the VPN has no internet connection)?

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Yes, I do this myself.

Just note however that the speed you will be able to send and receive to your SMB shares is directly linked to your home ISP's upload limit.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Yes, I do this myself.

Thank you. I don't need to worry about the upload speed, it's 300 Mb/s. :)

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Thank you. I don't need to worry about the upload speed, it's 300 Mb/s. :)

f***, i get like 0.80,,,,, life is so unfair

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!