Gaming Pc build for 1100-1300€

Hey guys,

First at all what the build is for and some info:

1. Aiming: Playing games (CS:GO, GTA V, Total War, ..). Some surfing aswell

2. Budget/Location: 1100€-1300€; Germany

3. 60hz 1080p monitor

4. Mice and keyboard are not needed

5. Upgrading from an old "Medion Akoya" (6yrs)

I am planning to build a gaming pc for a friend of mine, he asked me if I could pick the parts and put them toghter since he isn't very experienced with pc building.

Those are the Parts I picked: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/Cw3ZdC (Some prices are missing but its around 1100€)

Then some days ago another friend was like: Can you show me the partlist? And then he said: Thats total bs go with that: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/dncM7P (As this is not my build I don't know all prices, but it should be fine)

I don't really trust his decision because he said thinks like: "he needs amd cpu and gpu"; "all gpu's from Asus are shit", and so on...

So I need some help from you guys wich building is "better" (more optimized; price performance ratio). I also would like if you guys know some better parts for both builds to make them "perfect". I think the budget is 1300€ max, optimal would be like 1100€-1200€. 

Thank you for your help!  :)

Greetings from Munich/Germany

SNIP

Your friend knows nothing, your build was better (although you could easily get a much cheaper board, like h97)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Your friend knows nothing, your build was better (although you could easily get a much cheaper board, like h97)

Thanks for the hint with the h97! Do you know a good bord, or could I just stay with the h97 version of my choosen board?

Thanks for the hint with the h97! Do you know a good bord, or could I just stay with the h97 version of my choosen board?

MSI H97 Gaming 3 is pretty good. Also, get rid of the CPU cooler and replace that SSD with a Samsung 850 EVO.

there is no pricing listed for your gpu

Either stick with the h97 version or just get the cheapest one available (imo)

MSI H97 Gaming 3 is pretty good. Also, get rid of the CPU cooler and replace that SSD with a Samsung 850 EVO.

Agreed, although nothing wrong with his choice of SSD, and a nice cooler is still a good option though maybe a cheaper cooler will suffice

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

a nice cooler is still a good option though maybe a cheaper cooler will suffice

Eh... With stock clocks (non-K CPU), the intel cooler is pretty much good enough and will be out-noised by the GPU fan anyways. Not really a big need to invest in a cooler if you're not overclocking.

Eh... With stock clocks (non-K CPU), the intel cooler is pretty much good enough and will be out-noised by the GPU fan anyways. Not really a big need to invest in a cooler if you're not overclocking.

I have a stock cooler on my pentium, sure, its suffice but its still not the quietest, but for the sake of budget I agree its perfectly usable

Maybe a R9 390.

PCpartpicker isn't the best site for EU, browse the web and look for places closer to where you live to be able to buy everything from the same place.

So thats what it looks like now: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/hBrpkL

Thank you all for your help   :wub:

A lot better :)

if aesthetics are important for you, a white / black mobo might be a good choice

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.