Connecting SSD to another Computer

Unilision

So basically I need to clear out a friend's SSD, but due to the fact that it's booting the computer incredibly slow, I plan on moving her SSD to my computer and clearing it.

My question basically is that doing that, will it affect her SSD in any way? Or will it be okay to swap it around to do a task like that? 

I7 4790K • Corsair H110 • MSI Z97 SLI Krait Edition • Kingston Fury Hyper X (White)(16GB)(1866Mhz) • Crucial MX 100 512 GB • Seagate Barracuda 1TB • Phantek Enthoo Pro • EVGA G2 750 Watt 

Asus DRW Optical Drive • TP Link Wifi Adapter • Asus MX279H • CM Devastator Bundle (Blue) • Bitfenix Spectre Pro (White) • Windows 8.1

Galax Hall Of Fame 970

So basically I need to clear out a friend's SSD, but due to the fact that it's booting the computer incredibly slow, I plan on moving her SSD to my computer and clearing it.

My question basically is that doing that, will it affect her SSD in any way? Or will it be okay to swap it around to do a task like that? 

you don't need to boot it

just boot up a usb stick and format from there

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

You can just safely plug it in your PC, just don't set is as a main boot drive ;) then just do a format/cleanup, like you would on any other SSD/HDD

you don't need to boot it

just boot up a usb stick and format from there

I haven't exactly tried that yet, and with windows 7 would I need the key to format it?

You can just safely plug it in your PC, just don't set is as a main boot drive ;) then just do a format/cleanup, like you would on any other SSD/HDD

Alright thanks, appreciate the reply 

I7 4790K • Corsair H110 • MSI Z97 SLI Krait Edition • Kingston Fury Hyper X (White)(16GB)(1866Mhz) • Crucial MX 100 512 GB • Seagate Barracuda 1TB • Phantek Enthoo Pro • EVGA G2 750 Watt 

Asus DRW Optical Drive • TP Link Wifi Adapter • Asus MX279H • CM Devastator Bundle (Blue) • Bitfenix Spectre Pro (White) • Windows 8.1

Galax Hall Of Fame 970

I haven't exactly tried that yet, and with windows 7 would I need the key to format it?

Alright thanks, appreciate the reply 

burn the windows 7 iso to a usb stick with rufus

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Hey Unilision,

You can boot another OS or a simple program from a CD/DVD or a thumb drive and run the software to wipe the SSD. It would be easier if you plug it in an already working PC with a SATA to USB cable, docking station or with a simple enclosure and use "secure erase". You can do that also by plugging it in directly to the motherboard. 

The Windows installer also formats partitions or whole drives so you can do that too on your friend's laptop. :)

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/