Windows not closing properly on new monitor.

AdmiralStanley

Hi guys, having a small problem with the windows GUI. 

I recently purchased a AOC G2460PG and have it as part of a 3 monitor setup on my battlestation. It is running at 144hz, at 1920x1080 (Gsync enabled) in the center of a pair of older samsung monitors running at 60hz at 1680x1050. These are all powered by an Asus GTX 780. My system is running Windows 7 professional 64 bit. Here is a link to my entire Rig :HERE:

My problem is this:

sometimes on the AOC display, when I close or minimize a window rather than going through the transition I would expect from aero (when it becomes see through and moves down to the task bar) it pauses about a quarter of the way down and just sits, unclickable. It looks frozen part way into closing or minimizing. Sometimes after a few seconds it catches up and goes but other times it does not. If I hit Ctrl-alt-delete, and then just close that menu and come back to my desktop its fixed. it only seems to happen on the new display. It is very confusing and a bit frustrating. It seems also that once one window is doing it, any others I interact with at the same time will also freeze but that could just be me imagining it. 

Any ideas? im at a loss and having to open the task manager to restore chrome windows gets a bit tedious on the 12 time in a day, 

It's probably th gpu not being able to handle all the monitors. What is your graphics card?

as I wrote above I am using a 

ASUS GTX 780 -DC2OC-3GB GDDR5

This one
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121779

I also have an HDMI cable running to my TV, but it's not enabled in the Nvidia control panel. Is that taxing the GPU even not on or enabled?

as I wrote above I am using a 

ASUS GTX 780 -DC2OC-3GB GDDR5

This one

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121779

I also have an HDMI cable running to my TV, but it's not enabled in the Nvidia control panel. Is that taxing the GPU even not on or enabled?

If it's plugged in, chances are the card is pushing pixels for it.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Okay ill yank that cable first thing and see if that makes a difference. Thank you. Is my GPU not powerful enough to handle 3 monitors?

It should be... Even my lowly 7950 constantly pushes 2, and it has no problems.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Turn off Aero and see if that is the problem.

Or keep Aero on, but turn off "Animate Windows Minimizing and maximizing."

It's not a race to the bottom.

I'm not sure how I can fix this, but hopefully I can get information for the people who can.

When the box doesn't close like in the picture above, can pressing F5 (refresh) work on the desktop? F5 should refresh the desktop the same way as it refreshes in an internet browser.

Or is the window (chrome as in the picture above) still responsive and just crashed?

Is Chrome the only program that does this, or at least the first program to do it?

As you said other windows do it more often after the first one occurs. Is Chrome always the first one?

It's not a race to the bottom.