For those of you wondering how quite/loud the Gigabyte G1 Gaming 980 Ti really is....

Arct1c0n

I think my GTX 660 is quieter and it cost a 3rd as much 2 years ago...  That is disappointing.  This makes me wonder how noisy the ASUS DCUIII is...

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

That's actually pretty loud. I know most of the time fan speed doesn't exceed 40% or so, but still, even at that level that's a pretty loud card >.>

Certainly far louder than my card when the fans are at 60%

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

And this is why I'm going with Ino3D next time-they make a quieter cooler that actually looks better.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

how to play hot cross buns on that video:

8, 7, 6,

8, 7 ,6,

6, 6, 6, 6,

7, 7, 7, 7,

8, 6 , 7,

"release your inner doge"

-doge 2069

why would you ever need to put it above 40%...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I have said this is loud before, but close the case up and do the same test, maybe just show us 50% and 100%. Any card on 85-100 is where I want to hear it.

I think my GTX 660 is quieter and it cost a 3rd as much 2 years ago...  That is disappointing.  This makes me wonder how noisy the ASUS DCUIII is...

I hope to find out this week sometime when newegg gets their stock and I order one. I remain hopefull as the Gigabyte was using 80mm fans were as the Asus 980Ti looks to be using 90mm sized fans, the older 980 used 95mm fans.

W3BIKKU.jpg

Without a reference sound to compare with, this video means very little. I can make ant whispering sounds like thunder. 

Jay demonstrates how quiet this card in his video. At least Jay has more credibility. 

why would you ever need to put it above 40%...

Because it doesn't cool well, especially overclocked. I was reaching temps as high as 75c even into 70% fan speed with the core at 1514mhz on standard voltage, 130% power limit

Without a reference sound to compare with, this video means very little. I can make ant whispering sounds like thunder. 

Jay demonstrates how quiet this card in his video. At least Jay has more credibility. 

Jay also didn't show his fan curve settings along with load temps which likely resulted in the fan running in fans running in the quieter 40-50% fan speed range,

Jay also didn't show his fan curve settings along with load temps which likely resulted in the fan running in fans running in the quieter 40-50% fan speed range,

Jay uses auto, as well as showing the temp.

I have said this is loud before, but close the case up and do the same test, maybe just show us 50% and 100%. Any card on 85-100 is where I want to hear it.

I can't as I was not happy with the card as a result of coil whine and the fan noise and I finally managed to arm wrestle newegg to giving me my money back vs just store credit.

Jay uses auto, as well as showing the temp.

He didn't state/show if the temps were averages or peaks nor did he record noise levels of fans or its speed during benchmarking.

But you seem to be his loyal follower no matter what, so I don't see the point in you posting here if you arn't going to believe anything I say or show anyway. You that bored over there in windmill lad?

I can't as I was not happy with the card as a result of coil whine and the fan noise and I finally managed to arm wrestle newegg to giving me my money back vs just store credit.

That's cool man. Glad you got your money back.

No one should have to deal with a $650+ regrettable purchase...you know what I mean?

I don't remember you saying it had coil whine too, yikes. Hate that....

Zotacs AMP Extreme also has 3 fans though so from what I've seen it's not that quiet either.

I'm thinking the 3 fans is not an uber solution vs 2 larger fans. I like MSI's cooler on the 390X actually. Not a fan of the rebadge though if you know what I mean.

DC3 will be probably just as loud as the Gigabytes unless it's just cooler by default.

Seems like a lot of people avoid Asus cards on here from what I've seen. More seem to gravitate towards EVGA classifieds and such.

That's cool man. Glad you got your money back.

No one should have to deal with a $650+ regrettable purchase...you know what I mean?

I don't remember you saying it had coil whine too, yikes. Hate that....

Zotacs AMP Extreme also has 3 fans though so from what I've seen it's not that quiet either.

I'm thinking the 3 fans is not an uber solution vs 2 larger fans. I like MSI's cooler on the 390X actually. Not a fan of the rebadge though if you know what I mean.

DC3 will be probably just as loud as the Gigabytes unless it's just cooler by default.

Seems like a lot of people avoid Asus cards on here from what I've seen. More seem to gravitate towards EVGA classifieds and such.

Yeah well, I'm not giving EVGA anymore of my money and I owned 3 of their cards in the past. I'm also very surprised to find that the Asus is still going to be using 95mm fans on the ti version looking at the clip from the video. The same size is used on my 980, so 3 of them should cool the card pretty well with lower noise rates, at least, thats the theory.  The MSI uses 100mm fans where as the Gigabyte uses 80mm

mqtQpvD.jpg

W3BIKKU.jpg

For those who don't know, my GTX 970 G1 Gaming is just as bad-and fan motor noise is a big part of the problem-which shows that the G1 Gaming isn't that much of a premium card.

Edit: I don't have a decent camera, but I could do a screen recording while holding a microphone near my case (it also gives a more accurate representation-and I'll show a photo of my setup which actually is designed in a way that helps to minimize noise).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL