My Build Any Thoughts ?

Any thoughts on my build? This is my first build so choosing a motherboard was pretty tough. I'm thinking of doing a little overclocking and being able to upgrade is key! I know the PSU is overkill but it was selling for $90 usd and a 600w PSU modular was the same price so I decided to go overkill since I will be keeping this comp for like 6-8 years (yes I will upgrade it every once in awhile). Only things I haven't bought is the Mobo, RAM, CPU and CPU cooler. I bought all the other parts on sale for much cheaper than they are listed in pcpartspicker. For any Mobo suggestions they have to suit my case (black/blue).

Thanks

EDIT: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/4PjNwP

EDIT 2: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/FGBzLk (revised build)

What will you be overclocking. We cant see your build because there is no link.

Your build is going to max out Crysis 6 at 8K 400 FPS for that cinematic experience because we're not sure of what the build is.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

Personally I am not a fan of the R9-270x. I think for a little bit more ($100) a GTX 970 could be had and would be considerably more horsepower, day 1 patches and drivers, and better compatibility with your CPU. That would also mean a different MB if you want to SLI rather than crossfire so obviously you have what you want (just not my cup of tea) Also a 240GB SSD as your only drive? Dont need ANY other storage or are going with an external solution? I personally think a 1-2tb internal drive is cheap enough to be worth the inclusion. Also if you're not planning to SLI or crossfire then I don't see the need for the 900W power supply, unless overclocking of both CPU and GPU is your goal (then I admit to being unsure of your power needs).

Those are my thoughts. Excited for you new system? When is purchase day? Any special occasion? 

$200 for Windows ? What the ... ?

This would be better ... : 

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($319.00 @ Centre Com) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212X 82.9 CFM CPU Cooler  ($45.00 @ Umart) 
Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($129.00 @ Umart) 
Storage: OCZ ARC 100 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($119.00 @ Scorptec) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 270X 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card  ($219.00 @ PLE Computers) 
Case: NZXT H440 (Blue/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($159.00 @ PLE Computers) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 OEM (64-bit)  ($135.00 @ Mwave Australia) 
Total: $1383.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-07-06 15:25 AEST+1000

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

• psu is overkill
  • i would have gotten an r9 380 or a gtx 960 instead. return your 270x if you can.
  • would have gotten a 120gb ssd with a 1tb hdd
  • get cheaper ram. cheapest you can get at 16gb
  • get a corsair h60 for your cpu cooler
  • get an msi or asus motherboard

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($319.00 @ Centre Com)

CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($99.00 @ CPL Online)

Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($142.00 @ IJK)

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($149.00 @ IJK)

Total: $709.00

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-07-06 15:28 AEST+1000

BigDay

Ok thanks guys. Don't worry I will be upgrading my gpu later on, I got the 270x for much cheaper than a 960 costs. Kk will change the ram. Why should I get the H60? Is it really worth it cause I'm on a budget atm? I heard that the pcmate was not as good as the pro4? MSI mobos were looking really good (colour scheme and right specs) but people are complaining about them which is why I didn't go for one of them (z97 guard pro etc.). What is your experience with MSI mobos?

EDIT: what is the difference between 1600 and 1866 in terms of speed of ram? Also a gtx 970 would've cost around $300 aud more.

Ok thanks guys. Don't worry I will be upgrading my gpu later on, I got the 270x for much cheaper than a 960 costs. Kk will change the ram. Why should I get the H60? Is it really worth it cause I'm on a budget atm? I heard that the pcmate was not as good as the pro4? MSI mobos were looking really good (colour scheme and right specs) but people are complaining about them which is why I didn't go for one of them (z97 guard pro etc.). What is your experience with MSI mobos?

msi mobos are better for overclocking than the gigabytes because they allow you to set an adaptive voltage for your core and cache voltages. you want to set this when you've found stability and you're ready to set a 24/7 overclock with power saving features enabled.

the h60 is a solid choice for a cooler at the price point. you will need this when you overclock your cpu. i have no experience with the air cooler you suggested initially, but i do have experience with aio water coolers like the h60 and you will be pleased.

i chose the z97 pc mate because you're on a budget and it's the cheapest msi z97 board. you could get the u3 plus... it has more usb 3.0 ports in the back, but it's more money. if you just want to overclock your cpu, i think the pc mate would be fine since you're on a budget.

msi boards are good. i wish i had one.

BigDay

Ok then the pcmate is looking really good, don't worry I already have a 1tb hdd so I will be using that. The cheaper mobo will allow me to get the h60. Is there anything else that I need to think about?