Should i go for Xbox one if i prefer controller and UI over PS4?

cooperb21

Im unsure if i should go for Xbox one or PS4. I think i prefer UI and media elements of the xbox one but the Playstation 4 seems to run Multiplatform games slightly better graphically. Controller wise i prefer 360 over ps3. 

The only thing im worried about is if i get xbox one will i be missing out or is it not huge difference? I know last generation we had this sort of issue early on when some games were just not playable or ran like crap on ps3 because of developers. 

Pros i see of both unsure which to go with

PS4:

Better looking versions of games

Better single player exclusives

Xbox one:

Prefer Xbox one controller

Prefer UI

Prefer Xbox live 

Im unsure if i should go for Xbox one or PS4. I think i prefer UI and media elements of the xbox one but the Playstation 4 seems to run Multiplatform games slightly better graphically. Controller wise i prefer 360 over ps3. 

The only thing im worried about is if i get xbox one will i be missing out or is it not huge difference? I know last generation we had this sort of issue early on when some games were just not playable or ran like crap on ps3 because of developers. 

PC?

Well, what console has more friends that play it? 

Early 2020 Build : Intel i7 8700k // MSI Krait Z370 // Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Aorus 5700 XT // NZXT H500 

Early 2019 Build : Ryzen 2600X // Asus Tuff X470 // G.Skill Trident Z RGB 8x2 16GB // MSI RTX 2070 // NZXT H500 

Late 2017 Build : Intel i7 8700k // Asus Prime Z370-A // G.Skill Trident Z 8x2 16GB // EVGA GTX 1080 Ti  // NZXT S320 Elite 

Late 2015 Build : Intel i7 6700k // Asus Maximus VI Gene Z170 //  Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Gigabyte GTX 970 // Corsair Air 240

You probably wont be able to tell the difference between the two.

Well, what console has more friends that play it? 

No difference really some have xbox some have playstation. Its not really a big factors since i dont play a huge amount of MP.

Should go with XBOX then if you prefer all of that stuff.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

PC?

I switched to pc 3-4 years ago but i ended up going back to console i just prefer the experience and simplicity of playing on coach. I just feel more comfortable on it and i cant really afford to do both anymore and console has more exclusives im interested in now. 

When I got my PS3 I went looking around for a high-quality third party Xbox layout controller. I got the PowerA Airflo since it had a fan built in and seemed rather rugged, but I just checked their website and I don't think they sell it anymore. I'm not sure if any manufacturer has made any for the PS4 yet either. As for your choice of console, I'll leave that up to you ^_^ Just letting you know that if you got a USB controller for your PS4 you can easily use it on your PC without additional hacks/drivers.

For Xbox you'll need a dongle AFAIK, but it supports more games, such as GTA V PC.

EDIT: @JustChilliing corrected me on this

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

You probably wont be able to tell the difference between the two.

Well considering its on a big tv prob not unless there side by side. Im more wondering about frame rate and how games play do they play worse on xbox one?

As someone who's owned both, PS4.

The UI on the xbox one is, well, cluttered and inefficient IMO; the ps4 UI is simple, fluent and just generally better to use. Same goes for the controller, it feels better, buttons have better feedback and I just prefer the dualshock 4 over the xbox controller.

In terms of gaming performance, I felt that the xbox lagged more than the PS4 (didn't happen often, but still happened more than the PS4) due to it's reserved focus on multimedia.

Well considering its on a big tv prob not unless there side by side. Im more wondering about frame rate and how games play do they play worse on xbox one?

I played GTA5 on both and I couldn't tell a difference between the two.  I only noticed when the differences when pointed out.

I will agree with the above comment aswell sometimes the UI can be clunky due to back ground operations on the Xbox.

I play a lot of Forza so the Xbox was my first choice it does good IMO. My PS4 takes the back seat most of the time because the controller is always dieing.

As someone who's owned both, PS4.

The UI on the xbox one is, well, cluttered and inefficient IMO; the ps4 UI is simple, fluent and just generally better to use. Same goes for the controller, it feels better, buttons have better feedback and I just prefer the dualshock 4 over the xbox controller.

In terms of gaming performance, I felt that the xbox lagged more than the PS4 (didn't happen often, but still happened more than the PS4) due to it's reserved focus on multimedia.

Fair enough but its all personal opinion. I have bigger hands and i always felt Playstation controllers were a little to small for me 360 was my fav controller.  

Ui wise i still say Xbox one is better and snapper from all videos i have seen PS4 is just random blocks scrolling side to side with alot less customization. 

Fair enough but its all personal opinion. I have bigger hands and i always felt Playstation controllers were a little to small for me 360 was my fav controller.  

Ui wise i still say Xbox one is better and snapper from all videos i have seen PS4 is just random blocks scrolling side to side with alot less customization.

All true, go with whatever you feel will be best for you... That was just what I found to be best for me.

ps4 controller is so much better than ps3 and I actually prefer it over 360 /xone held all of them. Go for the one which most of your friends use, also you will get used to the controller over time. 

i play on xbox one more than my expensive pc i built i also own a ps4 too and it get used as much my pc does maybe once every 2 or 3 months. you will love the xbox one since now you can play xbox 360 games too and the community is far more better than pc and ps4 combine.

LIVE FREE, SKATE FREE OR DIE....I PROMISE NOT TO BUY AMD PRODUCTS I WILL NOT BUY AMD PRODUCTS .

I mean if you prefer the UI of an Xbox One theres something wrong... because it's garbage. Literal garbage. And because you like the 360 controller doesn't mean you will like the ONE controller. The PS4 controller is better in every way possible over the ONE controller. It's stupid, thumbstick are way to small and get really lose and flimsy after like a month of use. The Xbox ONE isn't just a downgrade from a PS4 graphics wise, but performance in general. It's way to slow. And Xbox Live for the ONE sucks ass compared to 360 Xbox Live. You're really better off getting a PS4 mate. The Xbox ONE is just a big giant brick that waste money. With the way it performs it's a console that should have been released like 4 years ago... at least the PS4 can somewhat pull off new age stuff. 

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

I mean if you prefer the UI of an Xbox One theres something wrong... because it's garbage. Literal garbage. And because you like the 360 controller doesn't mean you will like the ONE controller. The PS4 controller is better in every way possible over the ONE controller. It's stupid, thumbstick are way to small and get really lose and flimsy after like a month of use. The Xbox ONE isn't just a downgrade from a PS4 graphics wise, but performance in general. It's way to slow. And Xbox Live for the ONE sucks ass compared to 360 Xbox Live. You're really better off getting a PS4 mate. The Xbox ONE is just a big giant brick that waste money. With the way it performs it's a console that should have been released like 4 years ago... at least the PS4 can somewhat pull off new age stuff.

I have both xbox one and ps4 also a high end pc but my ps4 just sits and collects dust its boreing and windows 10 on xbox will be 10x time better than playstation 4 ever will be. I might sell my ps4 for a new monitor cause i haven't played it since it launch why cause there are no games for it i mean why spend 60 bucks on playstation when psn is always down.

LIVE FREE, SKATE FREE OR DIE....I PROMISE NOT TO BUY AMD PRODUCTS I WILL NOT BUY AMD PRODUCTS .

I have both xbox one and ps4 also a high end pc but my ps4 just sits and collects dust its boreing and windows 10 on xbox will be 10x time better than playstation 4 ever will be. I might sell my ps4 for a new monitor cause i haven't played it since it launch why cause there are no games for it i mean why spend 60 bucks on playstation when psn is always down.

This is coming from a guy that thinks the community on Xbox ONE is better than the community on PC. If you like talking to  little children raging at video games, or meeting cranky teenagers then by all means its your system. I'm just saying the PS4 is a better system and the network on xbox one is garbage... The network on PS4 hardly ever goes down. You're obviously drunk if you think it does. Xbox Live goes down at least once a month and it takes hours for them to get it back up. It's like they don't even try anymore they just take your money. Playstation at least tries harder than microsoft to get the network back up. And what do you mean there are no games for it? There are plenty of games for it. Games that are way better than the Xbox Exclusive except Forza. Forza Motorsports is literally the only reason to even have an Xbox these days. The system is garbage and you really think when windows 10 goes to the Xbox ONE it'll be better? The system can barely run it's version of Windows 8... What makes you think it'll be able to run an even more demanding OS?

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

This is coming from a guy that thinks the community on Xbox ONE is better than the community on PC. If you like talking to little children raging at video games, or meeting cranky teenagers then by all means its your system. I'm just saying the PS4 is a better system and the network on xbox one is garbage... The network on PS4 hardly ever goes down. You're obviously drunk if you think it does. Xbox Live goes down at least once a month and it takes hours for them to get it back up. It's like they don't even try anymore they just take your money. Playstation at least tries harder than microsoft to get the network back up. And what do you mean there are no games for it? There are plenty of games for it. Games that are way better than the Xbox Exclusive except Forza. Forza Motorsports is literally the only reason to even have an Xbox these days. The system is garbage and you really think when windows 10 goes to the Xbox ONE it'll be better? The system can barely run it's version of Windows 8... What makes you think it'll be able to run an even more demanding OS?

Ok fanboy psn is down all the time and what games you talking about . Bloodborne is the only game that got pass 85 rating everyother game is a remaster lol.xbox does have a better community we don't bitch about who has a better pc sorry but xbox owners just play games.when you have alot of friends on xbox than on ps4 than you will see its more fun ,i got 34 friends on ps4 you know how often they are online playing ps4 i can tell that i have seen 1 person online last week playing bloodborne that was it while on xbox one i always have 75 to 100 people online everyday lol. This is my opinion and this is how i see the ps4.

Ok fanboy psn is down all the time and what games you talking about . Bloodborne is the only game that got pass 85 rating everyother game is a remaster lol.xbox does have a better community we don't bitch about who has a better pc sorry but xbox owners just play games.when you have alot of friends on xbox than on ps4 than you will see its more fun ,i got 34 friends on ps4 you know how often they are online playing ps4 i can tell that i have seen 1 person online last week playing bloodborne that was it while on xbox one i always have 75 to 100 people online everyday lol.

I actually do have a lot of friends on Xbox, I play my Xbox everyday with some friends, I just prefer the PS4 because it's a better system console wise. I play my PC more than anything because the community is better, people don't compare PC specs like you think they do. People just play the games and become friends. PSN is not down as much as you really think. I get on PSN everyday as well and it's never down when I get on. As for games, every game that you probably play on Xbox is on PS4. As for games, you have Order 1886, Little Big Planet 3, and most multiplatform games are better on PS4 than Xbox ONE. 

I actually do have a lot of friends on Xbox, I play my Xbox everyday with some friends, I just prefer the PS4 because it's a better system console wise. I play my PC more than anything because the community is better, people don't compare PC specs like you think they do. People just play the games and become friends. PSN is not down as much as you really think. I get on PSN everyday as well and it's never down when I get on. As for games, every game that you probably play on Xbox is on PS4. As for games, you have Order 1886, Little Big Planet 3, and most multiplatform games are better on PS4 than Xbox ONE.

The games you mention are games i will never buy on ps4,i have everygame on xbox one.playstation is a console to play movies but it took them 2 years for a media player and dlna. Xbox has way more features than ps4 boreing ui and messed up to its so unorganized ui i have ever seen.

I've owned both, and I prefer the Xbox one. Each console has pros and cons, but I feel that it really comes down to exclusives and friends. As you can see earlier in the thread there are some hardcore fanboys out there, but hardware and graphic wise, not too much difference. I feel I am very slightly biased toward the Xbox one. I say don't listen to the people who are very one-sided. Make your own choice from truly educated opinions (people who have had both for over a month each). I'm not gonna tell you which you have to choose, and this is just my personal experience.

UI is a big deal, which is why I sold my PS4. I never really liked it. Xbox one's UI sucks too, but I would rather have it over the PS4's basic theme (personal preference... Don't fanboy me). With windows 10, there is going to be a UI upgrade onto the new architecture, so they may significantly improve it, or dig their grave. The xbox one controller isn't as nice as the 360, and I almost prefer the dualshock 4 over it. One thing I have said ever since the MS press conference, I don't see why having media as a huge secondary focus is a bad thing. They didn't compromise on gameplay, and you can use it as a media center. Microsoft received so much criticism for lack of games at E3 2013, but what were you expecting at a console launch? Save the games for the publishers. PS4 has slightly improved hardware and less background processes, which results in better performance, but from my experience hasn't been that noticeable. I will say, my Xbox one has crashed before, and my ps4 never did. It's a freaking computer though, so it's bound to happen. The fact though that the PS4's resources are focused on gaming is a huge plus for a gamer.

If you are switching from 360, you should probably stay with microsoft since it is more familiar, and soon you may be able to play your 360 games on it. If you can, test out both. Figure out what you like best and go with it :)

Good Luck

PC master race ;)

Edit: Also keep in mind Sony seems to be a 'fun' target for hackers, and as a result PSN is down somewhat often. May have been fixed, but I wouldn't know since I sold mine fall 2014

The games you mention are games i will never buy on ps4,i have everygame on xbox one.playstation is a console to play movies but it took them 2 years for a media player and dlna. Xbox has way more features than ps4 boreing ui and messed up to its so unorganized ui i have ever seen.

One thing I find really ironic about you though is you say you'll never buy an AMD product. Yet you own both Xbox ONE and PS4 which are both powered by AMD. xD 

The fact though that the PS4's resources are focused on gaming is a huge plus for a gamer.

Exactly, which is why I find the PS4 to be the better system. If I'm going to buy a "gaming console" I'm going to buy the best one that plays games. Not the one that does everything else like stream, watch netflix, and watch movies on. I want the best experience with the games I play on it and Xbox being as slow as it is just doesn't give me that. 

One thing I find really ironic about you though is you say you'll never buy an AMD product. Yet you own both Xbox ONE and PS4 which are both powered by AMD. xD

Exactly, which is why I find the PS4 to be the better system. If I'm going to buy a "gaming console" I'm going to buy the best one that plays games. Not the one that does everything else like stream, watch netflix, and watch movies on. I want the best experience with the games I play on it and Xbox being as slow as it is just doesn't give me that.

First of all i bought it to support xbox not whats inside if i had a vote i wouldn't vote for amd parts like i said before we don't have choices of what parts to use. I'll make acception on xbox 1 but for pc i have choice on what to use.