What should I do to ensure Seller Protection (selling on eBay)?

Anthony10

I have 2 motherboards, a GPU, and an iPad all up for auction on eBay right now, all ending in a couple hours. I'm not too crunched on time though, as handling I have listed for 2 days. 

I am a bit worried about a false claim from the buyers of the product not working or DOA, which is highly unlikely considering they have been tested working and are being shipped in antistatic bags and all precautions taken.

I have "no returns" checked in all the listings, does that protect me from that?

Should I record the products working? I've recorded most of them already, except the GPU. Should I go ahead and unpack the GPU and record it tested working?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Use paypal.  Some guy tried to claim a CPU I shipped him didn't work, but paypal didn't refund him his money (cause he's a dirty liar).

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

Make note of any serial numbers, or characteristics of the devices (particular cosmetic wear and such). Video them working, and take plenty of pictures. 

If a user has no feedback, or less than 90% positive, I'd refuse the sale to be extra safe. You should Be allowed to do that I believe. 

In the event they do claim DOA, you need to open a case with eBay and provide the evidence of the devices working, preferably with the video (uncut, so it can't look like it's edited together) showing the identifying points, such as the unique cosmetic wear, or serial number. 

Use paypal.  Some guy tried to claim a CPU I shipped him didn't work, but paypal didn't refund him his money (cause he's a dirty liar).

Yes, I am using paypal.

Make note of any serial numbers, or characteristics of the devices (particular cosmetic wear and such). Video them working, and take plenty of pictures. 

If a user has no feedback, or less than 90% positive, I'd refuse the sale to be extra safe. You should Be allowed to do that I believe. 

In the event they do claim DOA, you need to open a case with eBay and provide the evidence of the devices working, preferably with the video (uncut, so it can't look like it's edited together) showing the identifying points, such as the unique cosmetic wear, or serial number. 

I don't think I included the serial numbers, I think I'm going to redo the recordings and include that. Thank you for the suggestion.

Whenever someone with little feedback becomes top bidder I do cringe, how does one 'refuse' the sale though? Is there a button or is it a dispute forum or what? 

Thanks again for the tips!

Yes, I am using paypal.

I don't think I included the serial numbers, I think I'm going to redo the recordings and include that. Thank you for the suggestion.

Whenever someone with little feedback becomes top bidder I do cringe, how does one 'refuse' the sale though? Is there a button or is it a dispute forum or what? 

Thanks again for the tips!

I think there's an option for it when it completes. If not, you can open a case with eBay to explain why you don't went to sell it to that bidder. 

Stating no returns in the description does nothing. Other than not allowing the buyer to return the item if they change their mind; they can however claim for a return if it's not as described.

List it accurately, record serial numbers, take photos of the items working. If the buyer does claim they're DOA, ask for proof; if they can't provide proof, then eBay should decide in your favour.

Also, ALWAYS use a tracked or recorded delivery service for anything over £10, or whatever you're willing to lose.

I'm in the same situation, yesterday I listed my camera and it sold overnight, I listed it at a bidding price of $600 and a buy it now price of $800 this person just paid right away without anyone else looking at it, he sent me a message saying he was able to clear payment as soon as I tell him what the shipping would cost, he's got only two starts, but the two of them said "fast payment, incredible buyer." Should I be worried to send my $800 camera to this guy? Plus it's all the way to New York, and I'm in California.

I'm in the same situation, yesterday I listed my camera and it sold overnight, I listed it at a bidding price of $600 and a buy it now price of $800 this person just paid right away without anyone else looking at it, he sent me a message saying he was able to clear payment as soon as I tell him what the shipping would cost, he's got only two starts, but the two of them said "fast payment, incredible buyer." Should I be worried to send my $800 camera to this guy? Plus it's all the way to New York, and I'm in California.

If he sends you the money and you ship the camera, there will be no problem.  Ebay will cover you if he tries to do anything funny.

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

If he sends you the money and you ship the camera, there will be no problem.  Ebay will cover you if he tries to do anything funny.

Thanks! I will go tomorrow to USPS and see how much they will charge me to ship the package, then wait if he agrees. 

Shouldn't you have already included shipping costs in the listing, and then he should have paid the shipping costs in addition to the Buy it Now price when he purchased it; alternatively, if you set it to free the costs of the shipping would be included with the Buy it Now price? 

Or is that not how it works with the US... Anyway, make sure it's tracked or recorded delivery and it's insured delivery, and there's nothing he can really do as eBay will cover you.