i dont know how witcher 3 got such good reviews..

SauronsV
Go to solution Solved by JR1911,

The game has some flaws, with the clunky controls being one of them. However, the pros far outweigh the cons and personally I consider Witcher 3 to be one of the best games I've played in a long time and probably one of the best all-time. I'm still on my first playthrough with almost 110hrs played. The amount of content in the game is just mind-boggling.

when the movement is so clunky, slow and weird. It makes the game almost unplayable  D:. Anyone else feel the same?

Yes, it's very clunky, just like usual.

It's a fun game, but I'm glad I got it on sale during the GreenManGaming sale.

i dont mind it at all. sure geralt could move faster especially near ledges or tight spots but the clunkiness i rarely experienced in combat.

when the movement is so clunky, slow and weird. It makes the game almost unplayable  D:. Anyone else feel the same?

Have you played any of the other witcher games?

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

I never thought it was bad throughout my play through. Always felt ok. Maybe I haven't played a game with excellent movement, tho

it feels like when i move there is a delay and it always goes too far when I try to stop and such and the turns take too long, however in combat it is better

Well, you cant give a bad review to a game just because of the movement. The other stuff TW3 has to offer is way better than any released RPG game in the past years. Especially Gwent. Gwent is life.

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

Well, you cant give a bad review to a game just because of the movement. The other stuff TW3 has to offer is way better than any released RPG game in the past years. Especially Gwent. Gwent is life.

m8 try to stop me ;)

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Movement was horrid with a keyboard, much better with a controller.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

People were starved for a big fantasy RPG and as they say - Hunger is the best spice.

While the movement is clunky out side of combat I don't think it's worth making the game look like some average run of the mill western RPG. The game has so much good stuff going for it that the few problems that it has can be overlooked. At least by most people.

And if you can't do that it's absolutely in your right. You don't have to like games that other people like. I'm sure that all reviews mentioned the movement and UI problems. And if you're the kind of person who can't overlook them then you should have known to not get it by reading reviews. Unless the reviews you read didn't mention those problems, then you should change where you read reviews.

Maybe you just suck at the game.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Movement is intentionally like that. Sounds like you're just not very good, besides. Anyone can breeze through the game at Story and sword difficulty if you're too much of a noob.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Played the game but never really understood the hype around it. Deleted first title after 15 min of gameplay just cause of wierd looking fights. I expect my bad ass characters to carry swords in 1 hand style while slashing around. I blame intro for that. In intro you kill some monster with ease and in castle fight you have "trouble" with regular guards. Trouble as too many easy kills that takes too many time for character that's described as some kind of peek human. My expectations were too high I guess :) btw witcher 3 look great from gameplay videos I saw earlier

Catman - a Wolverine wanna be 

The game has some flaws, with the clunky controls being one of them. However, the pros far outweigh the cons and personally I consider Witcher 3 to be one of the best games I've played in a long time and probably one of the best all-time. I'm still on my first playthrough with almost 110hrs played. The amount of content in the game is just mind-boggling.

Movement is intentionally like that. Sounds like you're just not very good, besides. Anyone can breeze through the game at Story and sword difficulty if you're too much of a noob.

You cant really be bad at the witcher 3 its not that sort of game where you need skill, your a bit of an idiot...

You cant really be bad at the witcher 3 its not that sort of game where you need skill, your a bit of an idiot...

You play it on Death March then? I can't tell if you have even played the game. Also, calling someone an idiot because they said you aren't very good at a game seems a bit childish. Based on your English, it's either a second language for you (which is fine) or you're a child. If it is neither, that would indicate you're the idiot here.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Played the game but never really understood the hype around it. Deleted first title after 15 min of gameplay just cause of wierd looking fights. I expect my bad ass characters to carry swords in 1 hand style while slashing around. I blame intro for that. In intro you kill some monster with ease and in castle fight you have "trouble" with regular guards. Trouble as too many easy kills that takes too many time for character that's described as some kind of peek human. My expectations were too high I guess :) btw witcher 3 look great from gameplay videos I saw earlier

giving a 100 hour game 15 minutes of chance is totally the best idea 

did you not play 1 + 2 first?

im not the biggest witcher fan, but I have enjoyed 1+2, still yet to pick up 3, my brother has played neither, and he just text me this morning saying witcher 3 was awesome (hes on PS4)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Maybe you just suck at the game.

I know I don't and I agree with the OP big time.lol... :P

giving a 100 hour game 15 minutes of chance is totally the best idea 

did you not play 1 + 2 first?

im not the biggest witcher fan, but I have enjoyed 1+2, still yet to pick up 3, my brother has played neither, and he just text me this morning saying witcher 3 was awesome (hes on PS4)

I think he's saying he tried the first one and didn't like it.

He has seen videos of 3 and thinks they look good.

Elitist... :P

and no game is intentionally crappy.

It's a crappy game if you aren't a D&D kind of person.

It's fun and all but if you're expecting and action/adventure game,you'll be let down.

And ironically...the longer you play,the easier the game gets because you level up faster than the challenges.

At about level 25...you're probably getting pretty good and your character is pretty much invincible so any further game play is pointless unless you like exploring a cartoon world.

I think he's saying he tried the first one and didn't like it.

He has seen videos of 3 and thinks they look good.

Thats right. Part 3 looks more realistic. I found swordplay in first part funny and comical. I know its taken from real life, Euporean high stance, or however is called, but this is fantasy world. It was a real turn off but I cant wait to get witcher 3 and try it out.

Catman - a Wolverine wanna be 

Thats right. Part 3 looks more realistic. I found swordplay in first part funny and comical. I know its taken from real life, Euporean high stance, or however is called, but this is fantasy world. It was a real turn off but I cant wait to get witcher 3 and try it out.

The Witcher 3 is a really good game.

Not the best I've ever played...based on my tastes alone.

It is a bit clunky and since the key bindings were a nightmare when I first started,I use a game controller.

I had to go into the program with notepad and slow the right joystick down even slower than the game allows.

Go to \My Documents\The Witcher 3\user.settings and change the following lines:

RightStickCameraSensitivity=0.5

RightStickAimSensitivity=0.3

where 1 is max and 0.1 is min.

It makes steering the character and his horse with the right stick a lot smoother.

There is a new patch being released this week to fix movement.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

Movement was horrid with a keyboard, much better with a controller.

Yeahh if youre playing any of the witcher or GTA games without a gamepad youre doin it wrong.

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW