AMD FX vs Intel for gaming - 2015 Edition

i thought fx6300 is a 95w chip...i am confused, considering it  says 95w

My bad, 6350 is 125W. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_AMD_FX_microprocessors#.22Vishera.22_.2832_nm_SOI.29

However considering that it's only a slight factory overclock with the 6350, and that my Phenom II X6 with 6 real cores at a mere 2.8GHz is rated at 125W... I wouldn't be surprised if the gap between the 95W and 125W FX6 is smaller then we'd think.

"Rawr XD"

like 1 month ago or less.

Stock AMD cooler

you might need to get a different cooler soon and then you see the difference that stock cooler isnt made to cool that chip 

My bad, 6350 is 125W. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_AMD_FX_microprocessors#.22Vishera.22_.2832_nm_SOI.29

However considering that it's only a slight factory overclock with the 6350, and that my Phenom II X6 with 6 real cores at a mere 2.8GHz is rated at 125W... I wouldn't be surprised if the gap between the 95W and 125W FX6 is smaller then we'd think.

the fx 6300 is actually pretty efficient...and the stock cooler, while loud, does a perfectly fine job for non OCing. I used it for a while until i moved over to a hyper 212, and i had just the solid aluminum block one.

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

i think most people in this forum know that AMD is shit

My Phenom II best CPU ever made.

AMD Phenom II B55 Quad / unlocked dual core 4.3ghz CB R15 = CB 422
XFX R9 390 8GB MY RIG: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/MVwQsY
Fastest 7770 on LTT . 3rd Fastest Phenom II Quad on LTT

PCSX2 on AMD CPU? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/412377-pcsx2-emulator-4096x2160-amd-phenom-ii/#entry5550588

the fx 6300 is actually pretty efficient...and the stock cooler, while loud, does a perfectly fine job for non OCing. I used it for a while until i moved over to a hyper 212, and i had just the solid aluminum block one.

People above don't seem to agree, and I'm sure we can all agree that AMD could have chose to include the heatpipe cooler with the FX6 (which included with the 95W Thuban chips) but chose not to. 

"Rawr XD"

It still sucks ass

the cooler...yes, it was rediculously loud

and no, i wont be drawn into a debate with you over the 6300. Its not as good as the I3/I5 at stock in single threaded games...this i will freely admit. But at the same time it is a perfectly capable mid range chip.

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

Phenom II master race

except the Phenom :P

"release your inner doge"

-doge 2069

People above don't seem to agree, and I'm sure we can all agree that AMD could have chose to include the heatpipe cooler with the FX6 (which included with the 95W Thuban chips) but chose not to. 

i didnt say it was a terrific cooler. At load on stock it kept my chip at 58C (on stock) and was rediculously loud. I hated it for the sound itself. As for cooling...first hand experience with it, i know its a crappy cooler, but it kept the temperature below 62C and thats what was important. My 212 dropped the temps by almost 10C and i love the damn thing. But his stock cooler should NOT be idling at 62C. Thats user error or something not working right.

— Grumpy old man

i didnt say it was a terrific cooler. At load on stock it kept my chip at 58C (on stock) and was rediculously loud. I hated it for the sound itself. As for cooling...first hand experience with it, i know its a crappy cooler, but it kept the temperature below 62C and thats what was important. My 212 dropped the temps by almost 10C and i love the damn thing. But his stock cooler should NOT be idling at 62C. Thats user error or something not working right.

I know, and that's what I told him, it's higher then it's supposed to be. Go back and look at my response to his temps if need be.

"Rawr XD"

What could i have done wong???
Its atatched, and themal paste is good.

@spwath could have one of those FX CPUs that came in a tin box which had a shitter cooler than the cooler came with the paper box.

naw, paper box

I know, and that's what I told him, it's higher then it's supposed to be. Go back and look at my response to his temps if need be.

I dont see what i did wrong though...

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I dont see what i did wrong though...

There could be many variables like mounting tightness, thermal paste, ambient airflow over the area, etc.

"Rawr XD"

There could be many variables like mounting tightness, thermal paste, ambient airflow over the area, etc.

Mounting tightness-

i mean there is one setting.

Themal paste- 

i mean, not much to do wrong

Airflow-

my case has the best air cooling temps on the market.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Mounting tightness-

i mean there is one setting.

Themal paste- 

i mean, not much to do wrong

Airflow-

my case has the best air cooling temps on the market.

The only suspicious thing i see is your shitty board......

Have you used aftermarket thermal paste?

The only suspicious thing i see is your shitty board......

Have you used aftermarket thermal paste?

Yeah, stupid 40$ motheboard...

Yup i have

But on my custom loop, temps were admiable, maxing at 40-45 under load

Yeah, stupid 40$ motheboard...

Yup i have

But on my custom loop, temps were admiable, maxing at 40-45 under load

50C(8320) under load here....using stock cooler with AS5 with a shitty case with horrible airflow.

You could always undervolt if you haven't....

50C(8320) under load here....using stock cooler with AS5 with a shitty case with horrible airflow.

You could always undervolt if you haven't....

I could...

or i could re assemble my custom loop...

debating doing that or selling it.

Its kinda a lot of work to watercool...

I could...

or i could re assemble my custom loop...

debating doing that or selling it.

Its kinda a lot of work to watercool...

Way easier to undervolt than doing a custom WC loop......

Way easier to undervolt than doing a custom WC loop......

yeah but i have all the parts in my closet.

Im debating re assembling it because i had it before...

but to much work.

I think ill just sell my loop parts and get a better cpu and mb and cooler

I think ill just sell my loop parts and get a better cpu and mb and cooler

Depends how much you think you can get from them (I know nothing about custom wc)

"Rawr XD"

Depends how much you think you can get from them (I know nothing about custom wc)

I could probably get about 300$, and i have another 300$ laying around (though i want to spend that on more stuff)

So i have plenty of money to get myself decnet gpu cpu mb cooler

I could probably get about 300$, and i have another 300$ laying around (though i want to spend that on more stuff)

So i have plenty of money to get myself decnet gpu cpu mb cooler

Yeah and you could sell your old mobo and CPU as well

"Rawr XD"

Yeah and you could sell your old mobo and CPU as well

right.