HD 558s for electronic music?

XTankSlayerX

im 15 too :))))))))))))))))))))))))

16 EDM :)

I generally use 4 15-17inch subs plus 2  9inch tweeters  for my edm music.

Headphones as open as the HD558 generally aren't very bass-heavy, so if that's what you're after i'd look for some closed-back phones.

Not always but in the HD558's case they arn't base heavy. Something like the DT 990 can be bass heavy though and that's open.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Fidelio X2. Great for EDM, Rap, Rock, everything you throw at them.

I recommend looking at something like the V-Moda crossfade LP2 or the Philips Fidelio X2 if you can stretch your budget by a large amount. Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro is an in-between priced option.

I don't believe particular headphones are better or worse for particular genres.

I disagree; in music that has sub-bass, an open dynamic headphone is simply not going to produce those frequencies adequately. Variation in EQ is a different issue.

I don't believe particular headphones are better or worse for particular genres.

In addition to what SSL said, I would argue that some headphones (like the HD800) can accentuate any pops/expose any poor mastering more than other headphones, due to the treble accentuation. 

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

I disagree; in music that has sub-bass, an open dynamic headphone is simply not going to produce those frequencies adequately. Variation in EQ is a different issue.

I don't believe any headphone adequately reproduces sub bass.

In addition to what SSL said, I would argue that some headphones (like the HD800) can accentuate any pops/expose any poor mastering more than other headphones, due to the treble accentuation. 

Poor mastering is usually not an aspect of a particular genre. 

I don't believe any headphone adequately reproduces sub bass.

To be sure. Some do it better than others, though.

Poor mastering is usually not an aspect of a particular genre. 

That's true, however, I would argue that for many songs in the EDM/electronica genre, you find, more often than in other genres, home brewed songs. While that isn't necessarily an indicator as to the quality of the mastering, people that make music at home often have a drastically reduced budget for their hardware and software, as well as often lacking some experience, which can lead to more poor mastering than other genres.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)